Bob Iger spotted in Animal Kingdom

HornsofaSteer

I know we are all making jokes :ROFLOL: but, on a serious note, I think the interesting part is that he came to the park while it was in opperation, rather than at night or in the morning when no one was there.

CaptainShortty

VPs in the parks are very common. Bob Iger at WDW, not so much. It's a big deal when he's in town.

I concur. I know the VP of the parks are in them quite a bit. Iger does come to visit Disney World because it has meetings at Team Disney but it isn't a regular occurrence. So I'd say him being there is definitely something. Him being in Animal Kingdom could of course been something as simple as a walk through park status update. But I too am hoping it's something more!

Scuttle

All I can say is that this is good news without a doubt. I would probably like it a lot more if AK didn't have an attendance increase in 2010, but regardless it's good news.

blm07

Did he notice how empty and blah Dinorama was compared to the rest of the busy park?

Did he see the Yeti?

Did he see how Dinosaur needs some effects turned back on?

jonhix

The park VP are not the decision makers for rides and additions. They essentially run the park as it exists. They do have input on expansion, but that comes from higher up. AK VP Michael Colglazer is a strong exec who is in the park on a very regular basis. AK is in good hands with him in charge.

bjlc57

Iger: Boy I hope my popemobile wasn't damaged on Airforce ONE...

you may now kiss my ring..

and HECK Yeah, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE, lets raise the price again...

Lets get a drink at the Adventurers' Club.. I still have the keys somewhere..

bjlc57

last Iger quote..

I DIDN"T KNOW WE STILL OWNED THIS PARK, since none of us from California come here any more..

Since1976

I hope they walked around imagining big things. Something needs to make up for the Disco Yeti fiasco, right?

[Sidenote: We visited DAK again last April and were shocked to find that we had done everything we wanted to do by 3:30 (with EMH morning). And yes, we did do a couple of animal trails between rides. We left by 4, barely tired. So, I would agree with some people's feeling that the park needs some new anchors to keep us in there later.]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom