News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sir_Cliff

I know people talk about Eisner’s 2nd half being terrible… what would be some of his biggest mistakes thats people say were awful etc?
1669331009558.png

1669332168880.png

1669332240252.png

1669332374811.png

1669332408659.png

1669332660453.png

1669332475947.png

1669332511639.png

Disney was super cheap and tacky by the end of that period.

Attachments

• 1669332214790.png
    1669332214790.png
    676.6 KB · Views: 66

BobPar

I think he lost his nerve after Euro Disney, he went from money is not object ideas to keep building but do it as cheaply as possible.

DCA was horrible, MGM studios was a half day park at best, AK was better than MGM but cutting Beastly Kingdom and adding Chester and Hester was a horrible money driven decision.

Overall Eisner was great because he laid the foundation for what we have now, without him WDW is probably 3 parks at most and half the number of hotels. Quantity over quality but it forced Iger to spend money I don’t think he would have if he weren’t forced too.
Eisner is gone almost 2 decades and AK and HS are both still half day parks imo lol…

SuddenStorm

I know people talk about Eisner’s 2nd half being terrible… what would be some of his biggest mistakes thats people say were awful etc?

1. DCA 1.0
2. Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss, and the decline in park quality at Disneyland Park- there were changes made to CM policies, service, maintenance standards that we still feel the effect of today.
3. Ruining Disney's relationship with Pixar, a studio that was outperforming Walt Disney Animation at the time.
4. This one is debatable, but souring Disney's relationship with Katzenberger (although it sounds like there were issues on both sides here, so Eisner can't be entirely to blame)- leading to the creation of Dreamworks, Disney and Pixar's biggest competitor of the last 20 years. And the steep decline in quality at Walt Disney animation that followed Katzenberger's departure.

Iger had to do a lot of legwork to fix the relationship with Pixar and get the parks 'back on track'.

I'm not sure how many of the problems Disney faced from '96ish to '05 can be attributed directly to Eisner, and the decline at the company after Wells passed was noticeable- but the point remains that Disney underwent a lot of negative changes during the last half of Eisner's career. I personally believe the first half of his tenure far makes up for a lackluster second half.

And I'm a far bigger fan of Eisner era park additions and films than I am Iger era stuff.

JoeCamel

1. DCA 1.0
2. Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss, and the decline in park quality at Disneyland Park- there were changes made to CM policies, service, maintenance standards that we still feel the effect of today.
3. Ruining Disney's relationship with Pixar, a studio that was outperforming Walt Disney Animation at the time.
4. This one is debatable, but souring Disney's relationship with Katzenberger (although it sounds like there were issues on both sides here, so Eisner can't be entirely to blame)- leading to the creation of Dreamworks, Disney and Pixar's biggest competitor of the last 20 years. And the steep decline in quality at Walt Disney animation that followed Katzenberger's departure.

Iger had to do a lot of legwork to fix the relationship with Pixar and get the parks 'back on track'.

I'm not sure how many of the problems Disney faced from '96ish to '05 can be attributed directly to Eisner, and the decline at the company after Wells passed was noticeable- but the point remains that Disney underwent a lot of negative changes during the last half of Eisner's career. I personally believe the first half of his tenure far makes up for a lackluster second half.

And I'm a far bigger fan of Eisner era park additions and films than I am Iger era stuff.
Who gave us Meg outgoing Mike or incoming Bob?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
At $2.9 billion someone, somewhere must have seen it :)
I didn't say people haven't seen it. I'm saying people don't talk about it.

I've seen it... This website is the only place I have ever engaged in a conversation about the films in any shape or form.

EDIT: Let me re-phrase... I didn't mean that nobody has seen it... I just haven't met anyone that remembers much of it or HAS seen it.

SuddenStorm

It's like how I've yet to encounter someone who was underwhelmed by Galaxy's Edge outside of this board.

I took some extended family to the one out in Anaheim back in 2019. They rode the Falcon, walked the land, said 'wait this is it?' and we didn't return for the remainder of the day. This was with me making an effort not to share my very harsh opinions of the place.

But on the other hand, my 12 year old cousin who visited Disneyland for the first time a few months before his passing in 2021 loved the land and far preferred it to the rest of the park. But when the sequel trilogy comes out while you're in elementary school I imagine you're the exact demographic for the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom