News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Dranth

Yeah, the market is scared by the jobs numbers because they think it means the Fed will have to keep raising interest rates to fight the ensuing inflation.
That or people taking some profit after the recent jumps. Maybe both (at least for DIS).

Nubs70

Because the lowering of inflation means that prices are coming down. Because those numbers measure the rising or falling prices of goods and services. So, the only way for that number to go down is if it measured the slowing of the increase of prices.

That's what those numbers mean. They're not inconsequential.
Prices are not coming down, the rate of increase is slowing.

Lilofan

Prices are not coming down, the rate of increase is slowing.
When gas prices at the pump fall isn’t that an example of prices falling?. Some savvy with accumulating points on their credit card rack up the points and benefit using card rewards program. Price won’t come down but free stuff is always good. I like when I can select $50 gas cards as an example on what to choose from in the rewards program.

VJ

if i'm reading this correctly... disney is going to shop shows and movies around to other streaming services (like netflix), weakening their own streaming library in the process and boosting competitors' libraries

i don't like the sound of this

Disstevefan1

If they simply shutdown Disney+ and shopped around their content to other streamers, they will do two things; SAVE truckloads of money and MAKE truckloads of money.

I never understood why they started D+ in the first place.

_caleb

if i'm reading this correctly... disney is going to shop shows and movies around to other streaming services (like netflix), weakening their own streaming library in the process and boosting competitors' libraries

i don't like the sound of this
Disney collects tons of data about viewer behavior. If they have a bunch of content that isn’t adding value to their platforms (as in-few people are watching these series/shows and nobody is signing up just to watch them), what’s the downside of licensing some of that to other platforms?

VJ

Disney collects tons of data about viewer behavior. If they have a bunch of content that isn’t adding value to their platforms (as in-few people are watching these series/shows and nobody is signing up just to watch them), what’s the downside of licensing some of that to other platforms?
the entire point of disney+ when it launched was "everything disney all in one place" - this will just lead to needing to sign up for 50 different streaming services to watch everything disney, the exact opposite of the original intention

_caleb

the entire point of disney+ when it launched was "everything disney all in one place" - this will just lead to needing to sign up for 50 different streaming services to watch everything disney, the exact opposite of the original intention
I don’t think we’re talking about “Disney” content, but rather “Disney-owned” content. And I think this is likely stuff that 1) will still be on Disney’s platforms, 2) will connect with audiences who are outside Disney’s current reach, and 3) you don’t care about anyway.

Basil of Baker Street

I don't know where streaming is heading but I can say I used to spend more $ on Disney movies at theaters and the Disney Movie Club per year than I do D+ currently. However I do not know the break down of profits from the theaters and movie club vs D+. Maybe the are making more pure profit from me via D+? Either way I'm spending less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom