Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

andysol

Everyone is always saying they shouldn't build Radiator Springs Racers in DHS because WDW already has Test Track, yet somehow building the Indiana Jones Adventure ride is OK? Isn't it the exact same ride as CTX/Dinosaur in AK, just with different theming? At least RSR is a completely different experience then TestTrack, even if it uses the same cars...

Not everyone doesn't want RSR because it's similar to Test Track. I don't want RSR because we already have a phenomenal cars land at Disneyland, and I'd rather have a unique land at DHS. A single attraction being ported- Indiana jones, mystic manor, etc- I'm ok with. But a land- I want something unique.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Well if you wanna go old school, Pixar has always been Disney from the very beginning. Separate company in name only, but its roots come from Disney... only to bring it back in the fold later in life.

There are quite a few full circle type stories with Disney and Pixar. All of Pixar's films were made with Disney, Lasseter, ILM eventually being bought by Disney and reunited with Pixar... Pretty ingrained. Arguing whether Lacasfilm or Marvel fit the Disney mold is one thing but denying how well Pixar fits in and is engrained with Disney DNA is undeniable. Half the guys who worked on the first film (Toy Story everyone) were trained by Disney animators, some of which were Walt's crew!

jt04

While I wouldn't mind a fully cloned Cars Land I think they should at least put a Radiator Springs section in with a Flo's.

I wish they would adopt a police of zero E-ticket clones in the future in the same hemishere. Agree though that a RS springs element with Flo's would be great.

Fact is the 3 billion is right in line with Board coming to meet and see in Orlando. How some thought that the BOD would come for a Quarterly or Regular meeting is just WRONG! The sheer size of the Capital being discussed could only be done with Board Approval! So this makes perfect sense. As for IJA, I will say look for this to be arriving very soon here in LBV. Iger is plain and simple a Cali Boy, however, the sheer size of WDW forces him to make his biggest Cap on Star Wars and Pixar here. Disneyland is nothing more than a 2 to 3 day MAX venture and having been there many times they have NO PLACE to make this investment! Anaheim simply put could be put into a corner of WDW. Plus all the regulations and approvals needed would be nightmare in Anaheim. WDW is primed and let us all be CLEAR.....WDW dwarfs anything in the Disney Empire PERIOD!! 30,000 hotel rooms...end of story. Iger has no love of Florida we all know that.....but with Orlando the MONSTER destination it is and the EXPOSURE Iger has to make his play with the Studios and also Epcot.

Universal and Comcast see that, Sea World sees that, the massive attraction expansion happening on I-Drive sees that, the new hotels from the Planet Hollywood Resort to the I-Drive Solis Resort to Emirates flying non-stop from Dubai see that. Orlando is without question at the FOREFRONT and Iger knows NOWHERE on planet earth can you make a Star Wars play EXCEPT WDW. Yes Disneyland will get Star Wars so will others but the BOD was here for one thing: APPROVAL OF MASSIVE CAP EXP here.

The Studios was built for around 800 million, this project of REBRANDING will be north of 3 billion and that is totally separate from AK (AVATAR and Disney Springs!!) Also EPCOT will have some cool news as well!

As for me personally and my boss Iger made massive blunder ignoring WDW for too long and he needs a GRAND SLAM to put WDW at the forefront of PLACE TO GO AND BE! which is where WDW was until he let it fall.

Captain Neo

Capsin4

Really, the way that Disney likes to clone rides, you think that is wishful thinking?
I'd love for an IJ ride, but I don't see that specific attraction coming while Dinosaur is active. Maybe some other variant. With the new IJ themed restaurant coming, it doesn't make sense to me that they would scrub the only other tie-in at the resort without adding something.

ThemeParkJunkee

Total Baloney

Anything in that article that is true is common sense, borrowed from real insiders, and pure guess work

The article claims "our reliable source", singular. I think the rest of the source material is other leaks and posts from people such as those here. I guess we just add one more "source" that says "lots of money...Pixar...Star Wars...possibly something else.

yoyoflamingo

I'd love for an IJ ride, but I don't see that specific attraction coming while Dinosaur is active. Maybe some other variant. With the new IJ themed restaurant coming, it doesn't make sense to me that they would scrub the only other tie-in at the resort without adding something.

It's the way I feel about Muppets with the new show coming to ABC. I know it's in the gray area but even if it has to go would be nice to have a Muppet presence in the park. I know I'm in the minority and probably the wrong side but love me some Muppets.

One thing is certain BOD equals MAJOR MONEY and all the speculation will have to wait until D23. It is nice to wish and hope for certain attractions or ideas but once it broke that BOD was here anyone with C Suite experience knows MAJOR MONEY is being planned! WDW is under constant pressure thanks to Universal and others. Funny some will say the PARKS are not the biggest revenue or profit source which is true from Earnings Report from Disney. The Cable and Movie departments are the biggest Revenue and Profit....HOWEVER, remember the Movies and Cable are in almost every home or just down the street in the Theatre.....the Parks are in 2 SPOTS.....LBV and ANAHEIM and yet they account for the second most profit and revenue....just TWO SPOTS.....not nationwide or worldwide like Movies and Cable and only WDW and Disneyland are totally owned by Disney....their other parks are co-owned or majority owned by others.

D23 is going to be fascinating!

jrhwdw

$3B makes me feel much better than 2B (duh)- but mainly because it allows some to be spread around for the MK 50th- which is what I feared would rob DHS of what it needs.

Yowzah- that's a lot of dough. Now I know why Martin's jaw was on the floor.
Isn't it $3B For DHS?(DHA???? Is DHA just about official now?) Not the whole Resort? Why would MK get some of that money?
I don't recall seeing $3B before the article, did I totally miss that.
The article didn't mention F! Is F! getting a redo or not?
The article did say something about ROE'S replacement. Does that site or this forum have anything more on that?

TabulaRasa

Not sure if this has been posted yet...
I don't know if his sources are as good as Marni1971, WDW1974, PhotoDave, Lee, Steve or Martin. Perhaps you guys can help us sift through what is fact and what is fiction.
Thanks!

http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion...overhaul-disneys-hollywood-studios-exclusive/
Considering Muppets is arguably the best themed area in the park, I would be heartbroken if they took it out. Muppets needs to EXPAND into the horribly placed Pizza Planet, and Mama Melrose! I'm hoping that this is just fan speculation, and has no real merit to it.

PhotoDave219

Isn't it $3B For DHS?(DHA???? Is DHA just about official now?) Not the whole Resort? Why would MK get some of that money?
I don't recall seeing $3B before the article, did I totally miss that.
The article didn't mention F! Is F! getting a redo or not?
The article did say something about ROE'S replacement. Does that site or this forum have anything more on that?

Yes. $3B-ish for WDW.

ToTBellHop

I think we need to take a giant grain of salt on this attraction lineup....

Sounds a bit like a new budget mixed with old rumored lineups.

IMO.
Yeah, I don't personally buy IJA coming and everything else in the article is already assumed to be in the realm of truth, though on a smaller scale than $3b would provide. This is, however, the first open mention of the $3b number that I've seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom