Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

So some quick facts from this article:

"Details of Disney’s Hollywood Adventure are set to be rolled out at this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim come August"

Budget: $3 Billion

Park Name: Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Star Wars Land: "two new STAR WARS attractions tapped to be in the works, including a Dagobah centerpiece for where Echo Lake and Gertie the Dinosaur currently reside"

Pixar: "Pixar Place will continue to grow, with three new attractions being added to the mix, and that doesn’t even count the expansion of Toy Story Mania that is currently in the works."

Indiana Jones: "an updated version of the Indiana Jones Adventure that can be found in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, will be breaking ground in Florida finally"

So what can be confirmed, what is wishful thinking?

The only thing I can confirm is the budget is around $3B. That's what I've heard.

I've heard Star Wars would be bigger than that, but those specifics haven't gotten out yet...

Mike S

"Details of Disney’s Hollywood Adventure are set to be rolled out at this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim come August"

Star Wars Land: "two new STAR WARS attractions tapped to be in the works, including a Dagobah centerpiece for where Echo Lake and Gertie the Dinosaur currently reside"

Pixar: "Pixar Place will continue to grow, with three new attractions being added to the mix, and that doesn’t even count the expansion of Toy Story Mania that is currently in the works."

Indiana Jones: "an updated version of the Indiana Jones Adventure that can be found in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, will be breaking ground in Florida finally"

Having finally ridden IJA at Disneyland earlier this year I would be absolutely ecstatic if an updated version was announced for DHS. Sadly that's the part I could see the most as being wishful thinking :(

Matt_Black

DAMMIT TREVEK!!!
dJ24n7W.jpg

The Pen Is Mightier

Mawg

Having finally ridden IJA at Disneyland earlier this year I would be absolutely ecstatic if an updated version was announced for DHS. Sadly that's the part I could see the most as being wishful thinking :(
Really, the way that Disney likes to clone rides, you think that is wishful thinking?

chiefs11

Everyone is always saying they shouldn't build Radiator Springs Racers in DHS because WDW already has Test Track, yet somehow building the Indiana Jones Adventure ride is OK? Isn't it the exact same ride as CTX/Dinosaur in AK, just with different theming? At least RSR is a completely different experience then TestTrack, even if it uses the same cars...

Haymarket2008

Also that Journey into Imagination addendum seems to be the thing that is the most unfounded. There has only been fan speculation. And everyone who is even remotely an insider has stated that there hasn't been any true talk of that.

andysol

$3B makes me feel much better than 2B (duh)- but mainly because it allows some to be spread around for the MK 50th- which is what I feared would rob DHS of what it needs.

Yowzah- that's a lot of dough. Now I know why Martin's jaw was on the floor.

MoxHair

Everyone is always saying they shouldn't build Radiator Springs Racers in DHS because WDW already has Test Track, yet somehow building the Indiana Jones Adventure ride is OK? Isn't it the exact same ride as CTX/Dinosaur in AK, just with different theming? At least RSR is a completely different experience then TestTrack, even if it uses the same cars...
I think that most people who would ride DINOSAUR and then ride IJA wouldn't even be able to tell they have the same ride layout or even use the same technologies beyond the similarities of the ride vehicles. IJA is spectacular, DINOSAUR is disappointing especially with all the missing or broken affects and prolonged time spent in almost total darkness.

I think the argument of not having similar ride technology at the same resort is silly, as long as the rides are fun and have enough differences to make them unique, who cares if they share architecture. RSR/Test Track, DINOSAUR/IJA, Omnimovers, etc etc.. I say bring it all.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I think both RSR and IJA can be added without feeling like Test Track or Dinosaur.

Unplugged

If $3B brings a few clones to add more for the buck, I say bring it on as the majority of folks won't know since they'll just be happy to have something to do for a change. Some new, some cloned, some large & expensive, some small and inexpensive (kids rides). Oh yes, let's not forget dining options. That park needs those, and I don't mean re-theming 1 into the Cantina, I mean adding a few more! If that figure is correct, we should see some very nice work done with ample new attractions.

The more they close, the more they need and as of late, they just keep shuttering. Plus being a "studio" theme now, it's loaded with beige studio like buildings. If a lot of the buildings go (thinking animation and back lot CM functions), they need something to fill the void. I'm hoping they take the FLE & DS approach with break areas of trees & water. That would completely change the feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom