Bob Chapek's response to Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemicon

So the forum moderators selectively enforce the rules based on their perception of the discourse. Maybe there are hard rules that only moderators see, but to anyone else who has forum posts removed, it may just feel targeted as they may not have been able to see the reply that another person made that also got removed. I'm not at all complaining, as I'm adult enough to understand when I see my post go away to stop the discourse, just pointing out selective rule enforcement that can also cause problems.

lazyboy97o

They don't. We who have supported the bill don't. We just want to protect children. Take it for what you want, as I know you won't change your mind on the bill, but maybe on the person supporting the bill.
They do. Video and quotes have been posted on this thread. People just keep ignoring it or claiming it is not relevant, that they set out to do one thing and somehow did something else.

I’m willing to change my mind but nobody wants to answer the questions I have repeatedly asked.

Lord Starwalker

I can't imagine anyone arguing against inclusion in a theme park. That would be like trying to bring back Segregation. It's just not going to happen. And besides, Disneyland was never segregated to begin with. Walt made that very clear in his opening day speech.
Actually there have been several incidents in the past couple years of schools attempting to implement segregation in the school system again in the name of racial equity or anti-racism. The schools that attempted this referred to the segregated students as being separated into "affinity groups". For example, this was implemented in New York at one point (but New York is not the only state where it was attempted): https://nypost.com/2021/03/07/education-dept-curbs-decision-on-race-based-affinity-groups/

If this can happen in schools, it could happen in theme parks too. It could very likely happen in any organization that is teaching anti-racism.

Vegas Disney Fan

What's the status on legal challenges? I have to imagine legal challenges and potential legal holds on the legislation will pour forth quickly, but I haven't heard anything yet.
What would the legal challenge be?

Despite the media name the bill doesn’t actually single out gay or trans specifically so as written it applies the restriction of sex and gender instruction to everyone, straight, gay, born, or tran.

Indy_UK

Despite the media name the bill doesn’t actually single out gay or trans specifically so as written it applies the restriction of sex and gender instruction to everyone, straight, gay, born, or tran.

But let's be real here, you're saying teachers then won't discuss a conventional setup of a mother and father to kids in school?

Vegas Disney Fan

But let's be real here, you're saying teachers then won't discuss a conventional setup of a mother and father to kids in school?
I’m looking purely from a legal standpoint although I also don’t think the law would prohibit talking about something as generic as parents, whether man/woman, man/man, or woman/woman.

If talking about parents to 8 year olds turns into talking about sex and/or gender orientation they’re doing it wrong.

lazyboy97o

It doesn’t restrict talking about sex. Why does this falsehood keep getting repeated?

I’m looking purely from a legal standpoint although I also don’t think the law would prohibit talking about something as generic as parents, whether man/woman, man/man, or woman/woman.

If talking about parents to 8 year olds turns into talking about sex and/or gender orientation they’re doing it wrong.
There are people who think saying it is okay to have two dads or two moms is a celebration of gayness that will turn kids gay. The people behind the bill said they want to stop people from becoming gay. At some point you have to put two and two together. Those are the types of discussions that were occurring that were supposedly turning kids gay.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

There will be any number of legal challenges slapped on this legislation faster than Will Smith can slap an Oscar host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom