Bob Chapek's response to Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

The Walk Out Day has ended in Florida, and it's past 3 o'clock here in California. Looking at the Apps, all the rides in all the parks that are supposed to be operating today are operating.

At Disneyland, they are even operating the Canoes today! That's a very labor intensive ride with a small hourly capacity, and only runs on weekends or busy times like this current Spring Break period. If there was any hint of a labor problem at Disneyland today, the Canoes would have been the first thing to close to send those CM's elsewhere to other rides.

At 3:35 PM California time, the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes have a 10 minute wait on the App.

But it does sound like a gaggle of folks in Burbank and Emeryville took a nice Comp Day today to celebrate spring. ;)

TP2000

@TP2000 long time no see. How's your local convertible shop?

Hello friend! I thought of you just the other day when I had my convertible top professionally cleaned for spring. 🤣

I believe the convertible shop over on Ball Road is doing well, probably gangbuster business now that Disneyland is back at full capacity. It's kind of you to ask!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello friend! I thought of you just the other day when I had my convertible top professionally cleaned for spring. 🤣

I believe the convertible shop over on Ball Road is doing well, probably gangbuster business now that Disneyland is back at full capacity. It's kind of you to ask!
That's good it's always nice for young people to have a place to hang out and stay out of trouble

TP2000

I just posted about the Canoes operating (a sure sign Disneyland has plenty of staffing today), and then I did see this on the Twitter. I must give this guy credit, and I have genuine respect for him to be out there alone.

It's easy to join a crowd of people all doing the same thing, especially when there is absolutely no potential for negative reaction for you, like the hipsters in Burbank and Emeryville taking a fun little Comp Day today.

But to go out there alone with nothing but a heartfelt message and a firmly held belief takes real guts! Bravo to you, young man!

I may not entirely agree 100% with your stance on this one issue, but I am proud of you for standing up for it! 😍 🇺🇸

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yep...every time it's brought up..."POOF".
It’s like a 3 word change and not the smoking gun that some seem to want it to be. With or without it, the bill is still very messy and doesn’t appropriately address the concerns that are out there that it was apparently meant to or supposed to address.

TP2000

That's good it's always nice for young people to have a place to hang out and stay out of trouble

Honestly, for the rest of my days I will never be able to look at one of those establishments and not think "Oh, it's a convertible top store!" Thank you for that gift! 🤣

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why would it "gut" the bill? Why vote it down?
Why vote to amend it? It’s politics. I don’t pretend to know what’s in their heads. Ask the person who said that. A democrat was involved in the house on it, right? Maybe that’s a reason as well. That’s typical. Lol.

I don’t have much to say other than what i said previously.

ImperfectPixie

Why vote to amend it? It’s politics. I don’t pretend to know what’s in their heads. Ask the person who said that. A democrat was involved in the house on it, right? Maybe that’s a reason as well. That’s typical. Lol.

I don’t have much to say other than what i said previously.
The amendment in question was proposed by a Republican, who said "If the intent is not to marginalize anyone. Let’s make sure we aren’t,” Brandes said. “Let’s be clear and clearly define and say that conversations about human sexuality or sexual activity that fall outside of state guidelines should not occur. We can do this.”

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The amendment in question was proposed by a Republican, who said "If the intent is not to marginalize anyone. Let’s make sure we aren’t,” Brandes said. “Let’s be clear and clearly define and say that conversations about human sexuality or sexual activity that fall outside of state guidelines should not occur. We can do this.”

Already saw that. Thought someone also mentioned a dem also proposed it in the house as well as this R in their senate. As I said…I don’t have much to say on it other than what I said previously…

It’s like a 3 word change and not the smoking gun that some seem to want it to be. With or without it, the bill is still very messy and doesn’t appropriately address the concerns that are out there that it was apparently meant to or supposed to address.

Vegas Disney Fan

Maybe it's been mentioned before, but I didn't know all those details.

Sorry, but so glad I'm not living in the US if that's the situation. Parents shouldn't mingle into the job of a school too much. It's a job like all others and teacher are professionals who studied for that (yeah, so weird. Like all other jobs, who knew?!)
Just because it involves your kids doesn't grant you a full say or actual expertise. You go to a doctor when the kid is sick and let the doctor do the job aswell, right? Hairdressers? etc. etc. etc.

But then again, COVID created so many virusexperts, so many new medical insights and whatever.
Maybe people don't have a general respect for other's job/expertise anymore :)

Getting a second opinion and having a say in our medical treatment is standard practice in America also, we aren’t a trusting lot.

And the lengths some people go to find a hairdresser that can do their hair “just how they want it” borders on neurotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom