Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So as far as World Showcase goes, everything that is currently there is getting/has got an official redo as a part of this overhaul. Looks like they’re covering their bases on the other side of the park before the real work on Future World begins...

Are you serious?

That’s what your taking out of that?

I see “cheap stuff”...it’s ok because they announced a lot in July of 2017...but please don’t start another snipe hunt of “rumors” on showcase.

Let it go - For now - Elsa.

So rats and forced beauty and the beast in France? Great 🤪

SirLink

Are you serious?

I see “cheap stuff”...it’s ok because they announced a lot in July of 2017...but please don’t start another snipe hunt of “rumors” on showcase.

Which is funny because I was dropped some info in September when I was in O-Town, that was basically the gist of if Remy was in princesses were out in France. If Coco is in Donald is out, if Poppins is in Alice is out, etc.

Haymarket2008

Are you serious?

Are you serious? That’s what you’re taking out of my original post? Not sure where you see my opinion on the quality of the content announced. I’m stating fact, so.....let’s all breathe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you serious? That’s what you’re taking out of my original post? Not sure where you see my opinion on the quality of the content announced. I’m stating fact, so.....let’s all breathe.

To be honest...I wasn’t...

I was just trying to head off the “big news coming at D23...what have your heard, Martin?”...in case you were heading there.

...It’s just too much bumbling to start this far out 😉

The Empress Lilly

Goodbye Epcot. It was great to know you.
And they call the interim show 'Epcot Forever'....

Is that a cynical ploy? Or somebody who accidently cares using the year in between RoE and HEA 2 to wave at fellow fans?

At any rate, I'm beginning to feel my last viewings of RoE will be my funeral rite to EPCOT. A belated coming to terms perhaps with the destruction of FW in the 90s. There had always been a glimmer of hope for a rejuvenation of EPCOT. But the current replacement of WS with Fantasyland ends that. My EPCOT is dying, dead soon. It hurts me more than I can say, the place means something in my life. From wide-eyed rides through the dinorama by my young nerdy self to watching Illuminations as I hold my gf today. They are the highlights of my year, they form my imagination, my dreams.
:cry:

Br’er Rabbit

I must be the only one who loves all of these changes. They aren’t shoving an IP into everything. China and Canada are both getting new movies with no IP’s.

I’m all for additions to a World Showcase they make sense like Ratatouille in France. The new show sounds spectacular too with the music of Disney reaching around the world.

These changes are great. The Epcot I love just gets better and better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I must be the only one who loves all of these changes. They aren’t shoving an IP into everything. China and Canada are both getting new movies with no IP’s.

I’m all for additions to a World Showcase they make sense like Ratatouille in France. The new show sounds spectacular too with the music of Disney reaching around the world.

These changes are great. The Epcot I love just gets better and better.
China is proposed to be IP.

It’s all yours. Although if you love it now, imagine what it was like when it was really good.

Last edited:

peter11435

China is proposed to be IP.

It’s all yours. Although if you love it now, imagine what it was like when it was really good.
Question regarding IP in China. Would this be IP being the focus such as a Mulan singalong. Or would this be IP used as an element of something larger such as mushu guiding you on a tour of China?

Disney4family

Goodbye Epcot. It was great to know you.
1542544595191.png

Indy_UK

I'm sure people have great memories of Epcot over the years, but it's time to move on. Making it more Disney is what's really needed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom