Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

SpaceMountain77

DVC buildings are very basic and lack architectural details. The 90’s versions had some charm...but starting with wilderness and beach club they kinda gave up. Kids I probably is the best since...but that was a unique scenario.

I have little doubt that the Caribbean bon boni villas will be a box with a sign out front. It is what it is.

Of all the DVC resorts, Disney's Beach Club Villas best compliments the original because it was designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects, which is the same firm that design Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts.

Kman101

It's just nice to know a hotel is a higher priority than some other things that should be done or taken care of .... kinda says it all doesn't it? Hotels. Hotels everywhere. You get a DVC tower! YOU GET A DVC TOWER!!! (I'm just having a bit of fun ... I know why they build hotel after hotel. I get it. I don't have to like it)

lol

So where's the funding for the cancelled Main Street Theater really going? Which project was it moved to? Spread out over different ones? Using the funds for a different entertainment venue?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
your insulting something or rather someone you know nothing about.

That doesn’t bother me...the implication that “walt disney World gets better every time” does.

It’s not a ride or food place...it’s an experience created by those and many other factors...and the iger regime has never gotten that. So it can’t get better every time...mathematically speaking.

tonystank18

What do you think of a Futurama themed area? Can have the ride etc based on the IP and it would be easier to always update the tech and showcase as they wouldn't need to update the ride itself because that would be a cartoon ride/projection. I think that IP would blend in well at Epcot or Futureland at MK.

Assuming the acquisition of Fox goes through, I would think DisneyNature would fold into NatGeo. A whole NatGeo area with a DisneyNature section would be ace at Epcot though.

I am not gonna tell you how I know this, but I know it with 100% certainty. There are a bunch of idiots who are high up at Disney, both in CA and FL. A lot of people want to work there, but not for those fools.
I don't think a Futurama themed area would be appropriate for kids and not bring in many crowds since it is not as popular as the other Matt Groening show "The Simpsons"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is getting close to ford exploder territory

“I’m over here! Me! Pick me!”

You’re being disingenuous to try act as though you don’t know where I stand...of course you do for all the kids at home.

But besides that...do i compare you to Jade?? No...because it’s immature and disrespectful.

The implication that there isn’t a high degree of uncertainty in these things is just not accurate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As I said whether or not the project is actually built is a seperate question from whether or not it is planned. As of now it is planned and things are moving forward.

You can believe whatever you would like.

I don’t think I disagree with you...even though it’s a bit contradictory.

It’s not a matter of “believing”...it’s a matter of “seeing”. I tend to be a realist.

twebber55

“I’m over here! Me! Pick me!”

You’re being disingenuous to try act as though you don’t know where I stand...of course you do for all the kids at home.

But besides that...do i compare you to Jade?? No...because it’s immature and disrespectful.

The implication that there isn’t a high degree of uncertainty in these things is just not accurate.
im just trying to figure out if its me saying "Im over here pick me pick me" or you re saying it

forgive me if i come across as incredulous towards your posts all of my posts on this subject was that i was intrigued by this hotel project and that people who feel this way shouldn't be called out for having that opinion and then you started quoting my posts calling me out being somewhat incorrigible
i also commented that people calling this a monstrosity need some perspective....a monstrosity is poverty, kim jung un, 9/11, ebola
not a hotel to the side of the front gate of EPCOT

and just because disney has built DVC add ons over the last 5 years that has absolutely 0 to do with what this hotel may or may not be

Stripes

There is no public link yet.

Sadly it’s a real thing. Personally I hope it gets pulled.
I feel like I've asked this before, but are the hotel and Future World overhaul connected?

In other words, if they've decided on a hotel, does that mean they've decided on a plan for Future World?

prberk

In all seriousness, I was discouraged today when I happened upon the official web page for Epcot:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/epcot/

It told me everything I needed to know about the company's current understanding of Epcot. If I did not know any better, I would think that Epcot was simply another option to see animated characters and do thrill rides.

Not one mention of "discovery" or the grandeur of the park or either of its main themes (world without borders, or a future with imagination). Instead we get something about the Guardians of the Galaxy and all of the character meet and greets you can find.

I am glad to see China's beauty touted. Epcot has so much to offer that is complementary to the rest of WDW that it just kills me to see what the marketing and management folks think it is worth. Clearly they don't know what they have.

I can still be a park of amazement and wonder, and should still be that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom