Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No one is saying good animatronics make a good ride. But to call them lousy ... that just isn't true.
They are nothing we have not seen before though. The Lumiere, 7DMT and the Ursula AA's are just as impressive as anything in FEA, yet people choose to be blown away by Elsa and Olaf because it is a new ride, or they did not like Maelstrom, or their child gets bored in Epcot, etc, etc. It is the, "anything is better nothing" mentality.

Kman101

They are nothing we have not seen before though. The Lumiere, 7DMT and the Ursula AA's are just as impressive as anything in FEA, yet people choose to be blown away by Elsa and Olaf because it is a new ride, or they did not like Maelstrom, or their child gets bored in Epcot, etc, etc. It is the, "anything is better nothing" mentality.

But that doesn't make them lousy though, does it? So what if we've seen them before?

Clowd Nyne

I think every ride after it's a small world is lame because that ride used animatronics and every animatronic after that is tired.

lazyboy97o

LOL. Ok. But it still doesn't make you calling them lousy any more true ;)
The big difference is that I can articulate reasons for my assessment relating to model, posture, build quality and even animation. That's a wide swath of the metrics on which a figure would be judged.

They're not as impressive as what has been seen before, they are worse.

Kman101

I'm very glad you can articulate a paragraph or an essay and because you can doesn't make you right. I don't think I need to write an essay on why I think they're good, sorry. They're not lousy but you keep saying they are, whatever makes you happy.

Not really sure why you want to keep going back and forth on it? Does it make you feel superior to be right all of the time? Have at it then.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
But that doesn't make them lousy though, does it? So what if we've seen them before?
I think every ride after it's a small world is lame because that ride used animatronics and every animatronic after that is tired.
I was not saying they were lousy. Peoples pants wetting reaction to them is hilarious though. Let me be clear, I do not think the ride is completely horrible, but I have yet to hear a solid defense of how it is in any way a quality attraction. And the "my kids cant wait to ride it" or "Maelstrom was horrible" logic is not a reflection of quality. (not saying either of you has said that, just many other)

Kman101

I was not saying they were lousy. Peoples pants wetting reaction to them is hilarious though. Let me be clear, I do not think the ride is completely horrible, but I have yet to hear a solid defense of how it is in any way a quality attraction. And the "my kids cant wait to ride it" or "Maelstrom was horrible" logic is not a reflection of quality. (not saying either of you has said that, just many other)

I know that. I don't really care much for the ride, and I never said the ride was good because the animatronics are, but I still don't think the animatronics are lousy. Because we've seen them before doesn't make them bad or lousy.

I agree with you though, believe it or not, LOL.

Not sure why someone wants a dissertation on why they're good.

lazyboy97o

I'm very glad you can articulate a paragraph or an essay and because you can doesn't make you right. I don't think I need to write an essay on why I think they're good, sorry. They're not lousy but you keep saying they are, whatever makes you happy.

Not really sure why you want to keep going back and forth on it? Does it make you feel superior to be right all of the time? Have at it then.
Being able to actually say something means I've given it though and would be interested in other points. You accuse me of having to be right but you are saying nothing more than "Because I said so," as though that makes them not-lousy. I am also not the one who brought the subject back up. If you're not interested in the subject then why say anything?

Kman101

Being able to actually say something means I've given it though and would be interested in other points. You accuse me of having to be right but you are saying nothing more than "Because I said so," as though that makes them not-lousy. I am also not the one who brought the subject back up. If you're not interested in the subject then why say anything?

I don't really think they're worth all that thought put it into. But you saying they're lousy doesn't make it true either. You're arguing back the same thing you're doing so I don't really see the point in engaging in "who knows more". I'm not trying to change your opinion because it's made up already, there's no point.

All this over some animatronics? LOL

EPCOTCenterLover

I'd prefer BaTB in the area it already has in the Magic Kingdom. Rat is better for France. I'd prefer the Beauty ride itself but it's really dumb that they have an entire area dedicated to the franchise but then want to put it in the France pavilion. Sure, it can fit, but Rat fits better. JMO.
I'm with you on this one. But I'll sure miss not having that B&TB attraction!
The Rat is my favorite Pixar movie and B&TB remains my favorite Disney animated classic- (although I must admit, Tangled keeps moving up to the top every now and then.)

Last edited:

Kman101

I'm with you on this one. But I'll sure miss not having that B&TB attraction!
The Rat is my favorite Pixar movie and B&TB remains my favorite Disney animated classic- (although I must admit, Tangled keeps moving up to the top even now and then.)

I really have a fondness for Tangled and even Princess and the Frog. Shame all Tangled got was well themed toilets.

I wish we could get both attractions lol

Princess Leia

According to Marni in another thread, Ratatouille is beating out Beauty and the Beast as a new attraction for France, I love both films but I'd prefer B and the B. Development costs must have been the determining factor.
Which thread is this in? Just want to pop in and catch up, thanks :)
I'd prefer BaTB in the area it already has in the Magic Kingdom. Rat is better for France. I'd prefer the Beauty ride itself but it's really dumb that they have an entire area dedicated to the franchise but then want to put it in the France pavilion. Sure, it can fit, but Rat fits better. JMO.
I think that if Epcot ended up with a B&tB ride in France, the World Showcase would essentially be 'Princessland'. Sure, the Mexico pavilion doesn't have princesses in it, but 2/3 rides in the WS would. Ratatouille makes a bit more sense in terms of theming (but I hope the ride looks better than the one in Paris).

Bocabear

I think that if Epcot ended up with a B&tB ride in France, the World Showcase would essentially be 'Princessland'. Sure, the Mexico pavilion doesn't have princesses in it, but 2/3 rides in the WS would. Ratatouille makes a bit more sense in terms of theming (but I hope the ride looks better than the one in Paris).
I agree completely...Princess rides are a completely wrong note for EPCOT. Ratatouille...Even Mulan is acceptable, but no Snow White or Belle or Cinderella or Little Mermaid... Keep those firmly planted in the Magic Kingdom.

Princess Leia

I agree completely...Princess rides are a completely wrong note for EPCOT. Ratatouille...Even Mulan is acceptable, but no Snow White or Belle or Cinderella or Little Mermaid... Keep those firmly planted in the Magic Kingdom.
The only reason I would be okay with Snow White in Germany is if it echoes the original Grimm story (so sort of like Snow White's Scary Adventures). I'd prefer the river cruise, but that doesn't look like it's happening any time soon.

EPCOTCenterLover

According to Marni in another thread, Ratatouille is beating out Beauty and the Beast as a new attraction for France, I love both films but I'd prefer B and the B. Development costs must have been the determining factor.

Page 140 of the Great Movie Ride thread.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Whatever it is it needs to be a labor of love. NFL is a visually stunning and tiny kids love the attractions. Be our guest is a must do for my wife. Pandora looks like it's shaping up to be spectacular and I think we all know SWL is going to rock our mouse-ka-socks. As long as it's on par with what they've been doing lately I think we're in for a treat.

The problem is, it will only have 2 attractions, which will essentially be replacing LMA and the Backlot Tour. So no net-gain as far as number of attractions, and we still don't know what kind of capacity the 2 attractions will have as of yet. So, unfortunately, things almost need to look spectacular because people are going to be standing in long lines looking at it all. :grumpy:

jt04

The problem is, it will only have 2 attractions, which will essentially be replacing LMA and the Backlot Tour. So no net-gain as far as number of attractions, and we still don't know what kind of capacity the 2 attractions will have as of yet. So, unfortunately, things almost need to look spectacular because people are going to be standing in long lines looking at it all. :grumpy:

Calling the final version of the back lot tour an attraction is very generous on your part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom