Boat Ride Rumor

NoChesterHester

The size of the space in this concept art made me think of a Pirates/Small World type show-building

disney-world-avatar-land-3.jpg

If it actually looks like that - then it will be a home run. The concerns of this group on capacity are valid. Look at that tiny boat.

Rob562

But the reality is that the concept art likely doesn't have any bearing on the true ride specifics. I mean, doesn't the concept art for "Soarin'" type ride actually show a person alone sitting on a banshee?

If it's the artwork that I'm thinking of, it showed one of the aliens sitting on a banshee. Presumably he's part of the projected view and you're in some other vehicle "following" him.

-Rob

tl77

If it actually looks like that - then it will be a home run. The concerns of this group on capacity are valid. Look at that tiny boat.

the boat looks a like a white water raft to me or the Typhoon Lagoon Crush n Gusher rafts which makes me think there will be a lot of them that move fairly quickly at times and then slow down for big show scenes like Splash Mt. does... or maybe I just reading way too much into that concept painting
sweets-falls-from-upstream.jpg

typhoon-lagoon-crush-n-gusher-photo-large.jpg

fbp

After reading this, if there isn't a blue monster sex slave auction I'm going to be:
Indifferent.

doctornick

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in those sorts of details, we all know that concept art can be misleading.

That would be my point as well. The concept art indicates there will be a boat ride through scenes of Pandora; beyond that, I wouldn't examine it too closely to determine any details. It's concept art, not blueprints, and stuff like the size of the boat or the pathway the ride will take are likely to not be captured effectively because it is not the concern of the artist.

Heck, even if it were a perfect illustration of the ride as currently planned today doesn't mean it couldn't significantly change before it is built anyway.

flyerjab

At one point wasn't this ride rumored to have both outdoor and indoor sections? That would be my wish for this ride. During the daylight it could be neat to have a section without the bioluminescence followed by an indoor dark ride part of the ride that juxtaposes night time scenes to the outdoor scenes everyone on the ride would have just seen. If this ride is done properly, I could see people being as (or more) excited about this than the Soarin' type ride.

Ignohippo

the boat looks a like a white water raft to me or the Typhoon Lagoon Crush n Gusher rafts which makes me think there will be a lot of them that move fairly quickly at times and then slow down for big show scenes like Splash Mt. does... or maybe I just reading way too much into that concept painting
sweets-falls-from-upstream.jpg

typhoon-lagoon-crush-n-gusher-photo-large.jpg

The Disney concept art almost always makes these kinds of generalizations. Chances are, the boat will be more like Pirates or IASW in capacity (but may have the look of a blown up boat). I also doubt they'd have alternate routes (as you stated in another post) although that would be cool.

I'm betting the ride itself will be all ages and will have very small drops (like Pirates) if any at all. I'm looking at it as though the boats will be less of a "ride" and more just a way to transport you through the environments.

Ignohippo

At one point wasn't this ride rumored to have both outdoor and indoor sections? That would be my wish for this ride. During the daylight it could be neat to have a section without the bioluminescence followed by an indoor dark ride part of the ride that juxtaposes night time scenes to the outdoor scenes everyone on the ride would have just seen. If this ride is done properly, I could see people being as (or more) excited about this than the Soarin' type ride.

Yes, but I don't think the outside portion is very large. Probably like IASW in cali.

Skibum1970

I wonder if they'll use the new technology that allows them to spin the boats around. I think that they're using that tech on the POTC going into the Shanghai park under construction. That could provide an interesting concept as well.

doctornick

Yes, but I don't think the outside portion is very large. Probably like IASW in cali.

If there is an outside portion, I think it is important that it would not cause the ride to be shut down in bad weather (i.e. the not infrequent thunderstorms of Orlando) and or the indoor portion to be a sizeable amount, so that it can provide relief from the elements for guests. More specifically, DAK needs a long, indoor, family ride and this boat ride will hopefully be it.

I can see the outside portion as being a good element by providing some contrast during the day between a well lit environment and the bioluminescence in the dark. But I do hope that any outside part is small, as you suggest, because the indoors is where this ride has potential to shine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom