Boardwalk villas or AKL villas

Pioneer Hall

In october, I would go with the Boardwalk due to the food and wine festival. However, a lot of people probably have this idea and the Epcot resorts tend to fill quickly.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I prefer BWV any day over AK. AK seems to take longer to get anywhere.

I believe this is a common misconception. In my personal experiences the bus transportation from AKL is much better than the bus transportation from the Epcot resort area. Yes, you get the benefit of walking to Epcot and the Studios in that area...but going anywhere else is not easier in my opinion.

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
I believe this is a common misconception. In my personal experiences the bus transportation from AKL is much better than the bus transportation from the Epcot resort area. Yes, you get the benefit of walking to Epcot and the Studios in that area...but going anywhere else is not easier in my opinion.

I'd think being close to the middle of property would help travel times.. Is that not the case? I've never stayed at Boardwalk before..

Upvote 0

CrescentLake

I'd think being close to the middle of property would help travel times.. Is that not the case? I've never stayed at Boardwalk before..

We always stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club, and I can tell you the only thing that is hard to get to is the Animal Kingdom. Busses for the MK take long sometimes, but we usually take the monorail from the Epcot station to the MK... for me travel times have been perfect to any park.

At any rate, you have easy access to two parks, decent access to one, and then a bus ride to the AK. Its a matter of personal preference, but to me, its a no brainer- BWV.

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
We always stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club, and I can tell you the only thing that is hard to get to is the Animal Kingdom. Busses for the MK take long sometimes, but we usually take the monorail from the Epcot station to the MK... for me travel times have been perfect to any park.

At any rate, you have easy access to two parks, decent access to one, and then a bus ride to the AK. Its a matter of personal preference, but to me, its a no brainer- BWV.

Hmm okay.. Well that shouldn't be a major issue for my trip.. Probably only gonna go there once.. maybe twice..

Not a bad plan.. Have to consider that.

thank you.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

What I found staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge is: the buses seem to run much more often than any of the other resorts in which I've stayed, BUT it does take you longer to get anywhere except Animal Kingdom. So odds are you won't be waiting as long for a bus, but your time on the road is longer, so it kinda balances itself out.

To the OP, if you're talking about Villas, Disney Vacation Club Villas, would you be in a studio, or a 1 BR? One advantage of the Animal Kingdom 1BR Villas over Boardwalk is that there's an extra bedroom (in the Kidani Village section anyway). Which may afford you a faster exit to the parks each day (and a little more privacy for each of you when that steak from le Cellier doesn't agree with you :lookaroun ).

Also, would you have a car?

I've stayed at both resorts - standard room at AK (pre-DVC) and a 1BR at Boardwalk. They both have their pluses. I find the overall mood, the sitdown restaurants, the lounge, and the room decor at AK much more conducive to romance. Boardwalk has its charm too, and the location is awesome. But if it were just me and a girlfriend, I'd probably be more inclined to give Animal Kingdom Villas a shot.

But I'd also probably have my own car or a rental, and use it to get to at least some of the parks (probably not MK) and dine at other resorts. Not to knock Disney bus transportation but it's not the most romantic mode of transportation, either. I'm not that big a drinker, so I'd never need to be driven.

If I had to rely solely on Disney transportation, then, I'd be a little more inclined to consider Boardwalk, so at least you're walking or boating distance to two of the four parks. Without a car, it'd be a coin toss for me, and I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Yes, the location helps, but when 5 resorts share a bus to get somewhere it can be problematic. I've stayed at the 3 Disney epcot area resorts, and the bus situation can be a pain sometimes (the same goes for the sharing of the MK deluxe resorts as well).

Upvote 0

dizzney

Totally agree with you and we've stayed numerous times at BWV. Absolutely love the acitivity on the BW at night and the park access.

BWV is relaxed and comfortable and a wonderful place to vacation!

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
What I found staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge is: the buses seem to run much more often than any of the other resorts in which I've stayed, BUT it does take you longer to get anywhere except Animal Kingdom. So odds are you won't be waiting as long for a bus, but your time on the road is longer, so it kinda balances itself out.

To the OP, if you're talking about Villas, Disney Vacation Club Villas, would you be in a studio, or a 1 BR? One advantage of the Animal Kingdom 1BR Villas over Boardwalk is that there's an extra bedroom (in the Kidani Village section anyway). Which may afford you a faster exit to the parks each day (and a little more privacy for each of you when that steak from le Cellier doesn't agree with you :lookaroun ).

Also, would you have a car?

I've stayed at both resorts - standard room at AK (pre-DVC) and a 1BR at Boardwalk. They both have their pluses. I find the overall mood, the sitdown restaurants, the lounge, and the room decor at AK much more conducive to romance. Boardwalk has its charm too, and the location is awesome. But if it were just me and a girlfriend, I'd probably be more inclined to give Animal Kingdom Villas a shot.

But I'd also probably have my own car or a rental, and use it to get to at least some of the parks (probably not MK) and dine at other resorts. Not to knock Disney bus transportation but it's not the most romantic mode of transportation, either. I'm not that big a drinker, so I'd never need to be driven.

If I had to rely solely on Disney transportation, then, I'd be a little more inclined to consider Boardwalk, so at least you're walking or boating distance to two of the four parks. Without a car, it'd be a coin toss for me, and I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

It would be a studio.. Since its just me and my gf..

Nope.. We'll be doing DME.

Alright.. thats good advice.

She's technically only been to MK.. and never experienced the Disney system.. and that's all I've ever done.. Maybe on another trip I'd rent a car.

For me right now.. I'm kinda leaning towards Boardwalk.. but my mind can be changed easily.

Don't think I'll be disappointed either.

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
Yes, the location helps, but when 5 resorts share a bus to get somewhere it can be problematic. I've stayed at the 3 Disney epcot area resorts, and the bus situation can be a pain sometimes (the same goes for the sharing of the MK deluxe resorts as well).

ahh.. would this be similar to the all star buses?

cause Ive done that.. its not fun..

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
Totally agree with you and we've stayed numerous times at BWV. Absolutely love the acitivity on the BW at night and the park access.

BWV is relaxed and comfortable and a wonderful place to vacation!

I walked around there a few times in June.. I absolutely agree..

Having stayed at pretty much values/moderates (minus wilderness lodge once)

I really like Boardwalk..

But animal kingdom is absolutely beautiful too.. and my gf is a animal person..

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I walked around there a few times in June.. I absolutely agree..

Having stayed at pretty much values/moderates (minus wilderness lodge once)

I really like Boardwalk..

But animal kingdom is absolutely beautiful too.. and my gf is a animal person..

With that last bit of information, I suggest going with AKL. Slappy is spot on with the more romantic feel, and if you combine that with an animal lover then you can't go wrong. People tend to make a big deal about transportation, but let's be real here...will 5 extra minutes getting anywhere really affect the enjoyment of your trip? I doubt it, and it seems like you have more than 1 compelling reason to give AKL a shot.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
If you want to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival, it's gotta be Boardwalk. :)

I just stayed at AKL in November while touring the F&W Fest, and while I thought the resort was absolutely gorgeous and definitely loved hanging out on my balcony watching animals, the transportation was torturous. Then again, our travel style includes heading back to the room mid-day to freshen up. Now, we may have just been suffering from bad bus luck--whenever we were leaving AKL, wherever we were waiting to go, at least one if not two buses to everywhere else arrived first!

That having been said, I'm taking my mom down for a five-day trip in March, and given the choice of Saratoga Springs or AKL, I'm going back to AKL. :lol:

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
If you want to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival, it's gotta be Boardwalk. :)

I just stayed at AKL in November while touring the F&W Fest, and while I thought the resort was absolutely gorgeous and definitely loved hanging out on my balcony watching animals, the transportation was torturous. Then again, our travel style includes heading back to the room mid-day to freshen up. Now, we may have just been suffering from bad bus luck--whenever we were leaving AKL, wherever we were waiting to go, at least one if not two buses to everywhere else arrived first!

That having been said, I'm taking my mom down for a five-day trip in March, and given the choice of Saratoga Springs or AKL, I'm going back to AKL. :lol:

That's basically first on my mind right now..

I had that happen a bunch to me in June at POR.

I'd choose AKL too.. I don't think I'd like Saratoga Springs much..

thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

barrettismyhero

Original Poster
With that last bit of information, I suggest going with AKL. Slappy is spot on with the more romantic feel, and if you combine that with an animal lover then you can't go wrong. People tend to make a big deal about transportation, but let's be real here...will 5 extra minutes getting anywhere really affect the enjoyment of your trip? I doubt it, and it seems like you have more than 1 compelling reason to give AKL a shot.

agreed..

I'll have to see what the availability will be at booking time..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom