Boardwalk Inn

WDWFanatic4

Has anyone stayed at the Boardwalk in the Villas, if so what did you think of them. I am going in December over Christmas and staying in a 1 bedroom. Also does the Boardwalk offer the refillable mugs in a shop right on the Boardwalk, like the grocery store or something?

Can't Wait :xmas:
Boardwalk Inn Villas
Dec. 22-29

tigsmom

I haven't stayed in the villas, but if you do a search I'm sure some info will come up. We stayed at the Inn and while the rooms are nice and being close to Epcot is a good thing, we really didn't enjoy our stay there. It had more to do with the food offerings than anything else, they just weren't my family's favorite.

Yes, they have refillable mugs for sale at the Bakery and you can get them refilled there as well as the bar by the pool.

EDIT: scroll down to the bottom of the page and related threads are listed there.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We stayed in a studio from 21-29JUL07. We enjoyed them very much. The main pool was nice and the slide is great. You can really get a lot of nice photos from this location. Not too sure about the refillable mug though. We didn't need them. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
We have stayed there. Not really in a hurry to stay there again.

Pros:

Beatiful rooms.

Can't beat the location.

Cons:

Boardwalk view rooms can be noisy, especially once JellyRolls and Atlantic Dance close for the night. My wife noticed this, I slept right through it.

Rooms seemed like a long ways from everything.

Car Parking. Long ways from rooms. Can be difficult to get a spot if Epcot is open. Noticible difference once Epcot closes.

Needs a grab and go type place for a quick sandwich or snack.

Not sure if any of these issues have been addressed. We last stayed there in either '02 or '03.

Upvote 0

reptar77

The boardwalk is one of the best resorts. We always stay in the 1 bedroom villa, you cannot beat having the washer and dryer in the room. Also the bath tub is to die for. Allearsnet.com has great pics.
There is no self serve mug refill station but you can walk to the Belle Vu lounge and have your mug refilled or you can walk outside on the boardwalk and go over to the bakery. I would go the the lounge, it is less crowed they also serve food in the AM.
Have a great time.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa a couple of years ago. We really loved it! The rooms were very nice. We had a view of the pool and it never really seemed loud at all. I'm not sure how loud the boardwalk facing rooms would be, but when we had the doors closed we couildn't hear the pool noise at all and with the door open it was quite loud. So they have pretty good doors.

Our only complaint was that it was really a pain to fill up our mugs. You have to go to the bakery in the morning or I think someone said the belle vue (we only went to the bakery didn't know about the other option) anyway, you have to bring the mug to show them but they can't take it from you to fill it so they give you a refill in a paper cup. Then, you have to carry your mug and the cup out with you. My husband usually went in the am to fill them while we were getting ready. So he was the one who really thought it was a pain. He would come back in the room with his hands so full. It was almost comical.

Overall, it was a very nice resort and my kids really liked it. The location is great. I think I liked the beach club villas a little bit better (although I liked the decoration at the boardwalk a little better). Either way, those two resorts always get my vote for most convenient location. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

ajsayas

The boardwalk was nice buttt!!!!!

I have stayed at the grand, the coronado springs, all star sports, for the price the boardwalk was not worth it, the rooms was not as big as i thought to say it was a deluxe hotel granted the walkway to epcot was nice but waiting for the bus seemed liked it took forever to go everywhere else. My family and I went there in december of last year. The weather was beautiful. I agree they do need a grab and go place despite the fact they have a ministore/ gift shop on the boardwalk. The boardwalk shops was nice and the restaurants are decent. But for the price i would not stay there again.

Upvote 0

DVC Mike

I love the BoardWalk Villas!

There is the lively atmosphere of the ¼-mile Atlantic city Boardwalk midway, the well-themed pool (Luna Park) with it's 200-ft Keister Coaster water slide, the great Boardwalk location (lots of activity - street performers, games, nightlife), and the Boardwalk view rooms offer great views of Crescent lake.

It's also just a ten-minute walk to Epcot and a 15-minute walk to DHS. There are some great restaurants there (Flying Fish Café and Spoodles) as well as across at the YC/BC and in Epcot.

The only negative is no Counter Service.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Having stayed at BWV, I have similar comments as the other posters. Our studio was OK - I was expecting something larger. The biggest shock was that the glassware in the cupboard was dirty :eek:. We left notes for Mousekeeping about clean glassware and they left us a popcorn bucket with no lid :shrug:. Odd.

We had a great location overlooking the courtyard and a huge balcony. I also agree that transportation can take a while. The only access to Epcot is via the International Gateway, so if you want to be in FW first thing in the morning, you have a long walk. We enjoyed the boat to the Studios, but it took a long time. The wait for the bus to MK was the worst. It was so bad that we'd take the boat to Epcot and then take the monorail to the MK.

The lack of counter service and mug refill hassle has BW off my list. I really enjoy the atmosphere and decor, but convenience while vacationing is my priority.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Glad I'm not the only one who saw the lack of restaurants inside the hotel as a problem. I'm used to letting my kids go get snacks alone and didn't like my youngest (just 13 this month) going out onto the boardwalk alone...so she did not. I know its a specific style, but its just not for us.

We had a top floor room just above the Flying Fish (non villa though) and I have to say we were never bothered by any noise from the boardwalk either in the mornings or evenings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom