Bloggers and Podcasters need to be controlled

Goofyernmost

Well for one thing because it is required by law because the FTC has recognized the lack of transparency hurts consumers when a reviewer's position as a customer is distorted or misrepresented.
So if it's required by law, why haven't any of you, that "care" so much, reported it. Or have they maybe already investigated it and found it kosher?

Good old (I say old because anyone with that much accumulated knowledge of everything has to be old) 74 talked about the dumbing down of society. When you folks talk to the rest of us like we need to be protected from a Disney podcaster that we already all assume, without being told, that Lou is on the take in one form or the other. And that he should start his broadcast with a line like, "Oh, by the way, I get lots of good stuff from Disney because I say lots of good stuff about Disney", who then is insisting that we are all dumb, or for that matter that even is something to be concerned about.

Much Ado about nothing!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And I agree. Vast majority of the fan community is pretty darn savvy, as I stated prior even before the dawning of social media I'd read Birnbaum for fluff and UnOffical for advice and reviews.

When Disney attempted their stab at forums, (for the life of me I can't remember its name?) it was moderated by hand picked Disney social media types and questions and answers restricted by moderation with members "by invited" to join. Disney's daily blog comments much the same. What was interesting about the blog, was Disney took control a good chunk of new information instead of tipping off the tapped.

I have to believe when the unsuspecting future guest lands on some of these sights that they would quickly realize nothing written or spoken is balanced. I recently took a survey online. One question was about what social media sights I visited concerning Disney. Interestingly this sight, MousePlanet, Ears and other popular sights were listed for me to check off. WDW Radio was not on the list of options.

koryadams

Wow! That is cool Lou got mentioned like that in a comic book! But, lol, I do think it's a little random, but hey, I would like to be mentioned in something people read!

PhotoDave219

I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe there is greed enticing numbers in this space. I mean flights to Hawaii are great - but it's not gonna pay your mortgage or pay to put your kids through college you know? It can only fund your hobby interest.

Hense why I refuse to work for free, trade photos for credit, "Oh, you can use them in your portfolio" (HA!), etc, etc, etc.

I work for Cold, hard cash.

(Or barer bonds, Hans Gruber style)

The Empress Lilly

Hense why I refuse to work for free, trade photos for credit, "Oh, you can use them in your portfolio" (HA!), etc, etc, etc.

B...but Melissa, Wendy and Lisa and all the cheerleaders from the convention at All-Star Sports said you offered to photograph them for free.
w05.gif

luv

Bearer bonds. They aren't less dressed than other bonds; they belong to whoever has them, which is why Hans, who was slightly less exceptional than he fancied himself, found them so appealing.

PhotoDave219

Bearer bonds. They aren't less dressed than other bonds; they belong to whoever has them, which is why Hans, who was slightly less exceptional than he fancied himself, found them so appealing.

The overriding principle here is that I expect to be paid for my work.

Some of these bloggers have begun to make a living at it. Lou would be one of them.

The rest? I have no idea how they make money. Most likely they have alternative sources of incomes. Kinda like all the doctors and lawyers invading sports photography, taking little money for the gig and forcing people out of the industry.

ddbowdoin

The overriding principle here is that I expect to be paid for my work.

Some of these bloggers have begun to make a living at it. Lou would be one of them.

The rest? I have no idea how they make money. Most likely they have alternative sources of incomes. Kinda like all the doctors and lawyers invading sports photography, taking little money for the gig and forcing people out of the industry.

If you can take the work, you can take the work... I hate how people think "others" are invading photography. This is not a field you have to go to school for, we all don't decide to be a photographer when we're 15.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If you can take the work, you can take the work... I hate how people think "others" are invading photography. This is not a field you have to go to school for, we all don't decide to be a photographer when we're 15.

Thats why there are so many bad camera systems operators around. Digital imaging lets even morons think they are photographers and people so used to seeing degraded images are happy with that cause they dont know any better.

scpergj

I'd have to add chocolate to that list, for myself. Good dark chocolate. Not the junk...the good stuff.

Free? Nope...not for a profit making corporation.

scpergj

Thats why there are so many bad camera systems operators around. Digital imaging lets even morons think they are photographers and people so used to seeing degraded images are happy with that cause they dont know any better.

I'd have to somewhat agree...however, some of us amatures are pretty good and have even won awards locally (ok, I shouldn't brag...). My case I think, more or less, is something akin to 'even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then' however.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'd have to somewhat agree...however, some of us amatures are pretty good and have even won awards locally (ok, I shouldn't brag...). My case I think, more or less, is something akin to 'even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then' however.

And thats my point, I was trained as a photographer by her Britannic Majesty's Royal Air Force, I was trained to do things that amateurs never have to bother about, just as I was able to switch to auto and blat off a few shots that most would be happy with. From Engineering, to medical to scene of crime to grip n grin to official portraits to air to air. There are some very talented amateurs but they tend to think and make pictures as art, missing a raft of disciplines that I was trained in, and expected to deliver when required, though I admit some I never fully mastered.

thomas998

Methinks that the people that complain about bloggers getting treated well, are just jealous.

There is nothing stopping anyone from blogging... if you think they get some perks then start your own blog and if your good enough people will follow you and you will get those same perks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom