Block Party Bash on the way to Disney-Pixar Studios in May 2008?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Totally disagree. Block Party Bash is a jumbled mess in my opinion. One of the least impressive "parades" I have seen at a Disney park. Stars and Cars should be updated at the least, but not replaced with that mess.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm just telling you that you are in a small minority. It has driven guests into DCA (at least for a few minutes in the afternoon), so as far as the execs are concerned, this is a sure bet. It jives well with the style of the High School Musical show and also one of my favorites, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears. And you get a free nerf ball (or three) emblazened with the Block Party Bash logo.

TP2000

Re-branded studios....since when...in Al's mind. Nothing has been officially mentioned anywhere.

In Al's mind compliments of his sources that keep him one of the most informed website commentators out there.

For more information, you might want to ask the official Disney spokesman who had no idea what Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island was the day Al Lutz broke that story in September '06. For months Disney stammered and refused to acknowledge any such thing was planned, until finally about four months after Al Lutz broke the story they fessed up and said it was something opening at Disneyland May 25th, 2007. SURPRISE! :lol:

GiveMeTheMusic

As for Block Party Bash, it's actually a very carefully orchestrated, synchronized and consistent show delivering the same experience to guests thoughout its show stop. It uses classic American party songs because the story of the show is that it's a block party thrown by the Pixar Pals and the Pixar characters. At block parties, they play classic American party songs. Hence the song selections for Block Party, which always manage to get the whole audience in one heckuva mood. The parade is not some mental exercise, it's designed to be as much fun as possible, and with characters ranging from Woody to Boo to Gypsy, acrobats on rolling trampolines and some of the most talented, energetic and attractive dancers around, it sure is fun.

Regardless, this isn't the first time a parade hasn't "fit" with the theme of the Studios. The Toy Story Parade, Mulan Parade, Hercules parade, etc had nothing to do with old Hollywood. And like those parades, Block Party features characters from Disney movies. Which are made at studios. And therefore, it fits.

DCADude

No offense but doesn't Florida entertainment as well as entertainers suck compared to California? How is Block Party Bash going to work over there? its so upbeat! And the crowd has so much fun! it'll prob have to be toned down quite a bit if its as mediocre(I spelled that wrong) as I hear over there.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Florida entertainment and entertainers do not suck. The only concern I have for BPB in Florida is that the difficulty of the original choreography would fall into Equity territory there, so the show would be altered a bit I would think to avoid having to have the whole parade be Equity. But maybe not, maybe they'd go with it.

Either way, FL's entertainment is far from mediocre. Watch some videos of Dreamalong with Mickey, Voices of Liberty, Finding Nemo: The Musical and even Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. They have a bad rep and I don't know why. Probably just another resort-rivalry superiority complex.

RSoxNo1

The weather is probably gonna play a factor in this type of parade, I don't know that the performers can sustain the type of performance in the Florida humidity.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The weather is probably gonna play a factor in this type of parade, I don't know that the performers can sustain the type of performance in the Florida humidity.
They have before. Tarzan and Festival of the Lion King (prior to sealing off the building) required just as much activity and were at AK, which is the muggiest of the parks due to the vegetation...the only difference here would be that it's in the sun. Some of the performers at Epcot are even more demanding than BPB would be, and they do that at 3 pm in July in the sun with full-body costumes on. Florida has always been hot and humid in the summer, but this would not be the first time Disney demanded a lot of its performers in that heat.

the-reason14

So more than likely this will be coming to MGM? Because there have been alot of rumors that I have read about the parks and most of all of them have in some form and fashion have come true. Nemo invasion of the living seas, 3 cabs in Mexico, just to name a few. So its about 80% chance this will happen?

I would really like to see this at MGM, remember back in the 90s when they had a Toy Story Parade...
4i4wio8.png

4712uk5.png

2nveav8.png

I don't see why it would be a problem. I'm glad to see this park getting some more attention, all we need is Sounds Dangerous out and a replacing attraction and it will be on a rise to success!

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
Don't worry...DCA is just a half-@ss rip off of all WDW parks combined.

umm, have you ever been to DCA? although i will admit it has shortcomings that for sure does not mean its "half @ss ed" it is enjoyable if you have no pre-concieved notions about what it should be. even if you have been to WDW

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
not sure how it's a rip-off, either...most of the rides at DCA are originals. The only clones are two 3-D shows. ToT has a borrowed story but major retheming. Everything else belongs to DCA...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom