Block Party Bash Officially Opens 3/14/08 at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneykid23

Original Poster
"Come play, party and dance along during the new Block Party Bash officially opening Friday, March 14, 2008, at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Guests may be able to see a soft opening preview of the parade scheduled to begin Sunday, March 9.

This incredible parade features over 20 of the most popular Disney*Pixar characters including Woody, Buzz, Mike and Sulley and doubles as an interactive street spectacular, complete with one-of-a-kind trampoline units, aerial acrobatics and endless surprises."

epcotpalms

Was it that bad??? I didn't get to catch it ...we went to the park early at 9:00...and we were done by 2:00...the parade wasn't until 5.. we weren't waiting that long for it lol.

It's not horrible. It's not great either. High energy but not magical or inspiring at all. Depends what you like I guess.

Spyne

It looks like a parade with a lot of energy, and I'm sure it'll "explode" with that energy on Hollywood Boulevard. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it once I'm down there!

WaltsApprentice

It's not great by any means. We felt like it was a once is enough kinda deal.

Really... ya I think I may agree with you...just from what I see it fits more with the FAMILY and kid type... not much for the couples or singles or teens. But I'll pass judgement when I see it... The said thing its not orginal songs...but just remakes that everyone knows...I'm correct on this right??? I like my parade music to new and catchy....yet my favorite parade music thus far is Parade of Dreams from DL...and thats a remake from brother bear lol.

scasta86

Ugh, I also saw it at DCA, Stars and Motorcars is way better than Block Party bash, (at least the theme of S&MP fits in at the Studios) Block Party Bash is a very loud overload of Pixar characters. But like someone else said it might be worth watching it once.

WaltsApprentice

Say what you wish, but it's going to bring the energy to Hollywood Studios that the park needs.

I totally agree! We haven't had such a big parade like this since back in the day when they did Hercules, Dinosaurs (TV show), Mulan, and other big hit parades. And DHS will be getting the attention it needs and deserves...:)

it cant be any worse that Stars and Motorcars...

It use to be pretty good until they changed the music after the 100 year b-day for Walt... but a point against the old music though...it was never syinc correctly... for example...Play house disney float would be driving passed and the Darth Vader/ star wars music would be playing...

Fantasmic!329

Ugh, I also saw it at DCA, Stars and Motorcars is way better than Block Party bash, (at least the theme of S&MP fits in at the Studios) Block Party Bash is a very loud overload of Pixar characters. But like someone else said it might be worth watching it once.
Totally agree.

I saw it in DCA, too, and didn't like it one bit.
It was borderline obnoxious.

Seeing it once is MORE than enough.

Chape19714

Totally agree.

I saw it in DCA, too, and didn't like it one bit.
It was borderline obnoxious.

Seeing it once is MORE than enough.
The Soundtrack may be, however, HSM is more than double the obnoxious level of BPB, so I'll take BPB.

At the same time, parades less than steller energy are no longer cutting it for guests. They love the upbeat high-energy performances, Jammin' Jungle and Festival of the Lion King are perfect examples. They are hugely popular, and a main reason is the high energy levels from performers during the entire performance, as well as an upbeat soundtrack. Take Lion King and Nemo the Musical as comparisions, Nemo is a better show on levels of script, staging, costumes, etc., but Lion King remains a guest favorite because it's high energy from the first note through the last. They changed the MK Parade to a more upbeat soundtrack, and now DHS is getting that more energized parade concept as well.

Off my SoapBox.

Fun2BFree

WDW would soon become stagnant if nothing was ever changed. Embrace change, even if it is for the worse. ;)

EDIT: The parade is very high energy, so I wonder if the performers might suffer due to the Florida heat and humidity?

dbogue

Cast previews are this wed and thurs night. If video is allowed I will post. It will be cool to see it at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom