Block Party Bash closing January 2011

_Scar

Absolutely correct. Except you don't have to "guess"...that's exactly what it's going to be. Details are already out...those CMs affected aren't really keeping quiet about it.

People will be begging for BPB back...

And yes...judging from the number of Equity actor contracts in BPB (that will be cut when this parade closes)...you can bet your money this move was centered around the dollar signs.

Leave it to Disney (moreso WDW lately) to figure out a way to destroy something, and reincarnate it as something cheap and packaged. Then make official announcements exciting people about it to make it look like a "positive" change.

You don't even know what's replacing BPB and you're already saying people will miss it?

Yes, that makes perfect sense!

stuarthulluk

ive have heard that ppp will be moving to paris!!! maybe!

this is because the parade drum is shown in many adverts for the new gen festival, so it might be turning up next year for the change over of festivals!! i read this on the paris forums tho so they could be wrong!:p

Foolish Mortal

Good riddance !!!! Now if only they'd get rid of that other annoying scream fest...Move it shake it, whatever whatever. Loud noisy over the top stuff just isn't for me. 1 down 1 to go.

Captain Hank

Count me as someone who really enjoys/enjoyed Block Party Bash. It brought some MUCH needed energy to the park. I kind of thought Stars and Motorcars, while nice and thematically appropriate, was a bit of a snooze-fest. I'd expect a part of this change results from the intensity of the show stop. I can't even begin to imagine the number of heat-related injuries that occurred during the hottest parts of the summer.

I do like the Pixar Play Parade's music, though. However, Block Party Bash without a show-stop is extremely short. I've seen it in rain mode, and it's not pretty. If they're not doing a show-stop, they're going to have to add some significant things to make it a viable parade.

COProgressFan

You don't even know what's replacing BPB and you're already saying people will miss it?

Yes, that makes perfect sense!

The exact details aren't as important as the fact that at this point it's almost certain to be a watered down, less exciting (and less costly to produce) re-working of the existing parade.

So in that sense, yeah, I can see how people might miss it.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by this, but I wouldn't count on it.

On the other hand, that Soundsational parade they're bringing to Disneyland next year looks great!

Mr.MouseFan

Well...I guess the Disney Parks blog didn't much care for me calling them out on the "Repackaged Too Many Times To Count...Dreams Come True Parade". My comments never made it on the blog. :shrug:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Well...I guess the Disney Parks blog didn't much care for me calling them out on the "Repackaged Too Many Times To Count...Dreams Come True Parade". My comments never made it on the blog. :shrug:

Fingers crossed for the Let The Memories Begin Theme leading to a new Parade for the 40th!!!:wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Crossing my fingers too. "Let the Memories Begin" sounds like a great theme to me.

:D

Its the current rumor so lets all hope!! It has the potential to be a great theme and would work amazingly well as a prelude to 40 years of Memories or something similar for the 40th Anniversay!!

And look how much notice has bin given for Disneylands Soundtastic Parade? WDW could easily have a new parade announcement for MK over the next few months!!

On a side note, do you guys think the 40th celebration (if we get 1) will begin 1st January 2011 0r (as it should be) 1st October 2011???

If its 1st January 2011 i expect this to be the next celebration announced!

JustInTime

Its the current rumor so lets all hope!! It has the potential to be a great theme and would work amazingly well as a prelude to 40 years of Memories or something similar for the 40th Anniversay!!

And look how much notice has bin given for Disneylands Soundtastic Parade? WDW could easily have a new parade announcement for MK over the next few months!!

On a side note, do you guys think the 40th celebration (if we get 1) will begin 1st January 2011 0r (as it should be) 1st October 2011???

If its 1st January 2011 i expect this to be the next celebration announced!

I am pretty sure the the new celebration may be temporary so that would make sense but I think the 40th celebration will start in 2012...

Tinkrbell

I work in costuming for BPB & while I'm glad its leaving (some of the character costumes were horribly designed & those might be leaving from what I've heard), I was somewhat disappointed in Disney yesterday. The managers told the preformers about the parade closing, costuming was never officially told. We heard the preformers talking about it, then we read it online later in the day. I'm interested in what the new parade will be like exactly. (Too bad my cp is over Jan. 7 & the new parade opens Jan. 16)

rct247

Looking forward to the upgrade, but after listening to the music from the Pixar Play Parade, I'm not nearly as good. I don't like it.

asianway

I prefer the Pixar Play Parade music over the BPB, but more importantly, Im hoping the water elements make it over to FL where they are needed more than CA!

thelookingglass

Gotta wonder the thought process behind this one.

"Hmm. Block Party Bash.
Crowd pleaser? check.
Impressive performances? check.
Funny? check.
High energy? check.
Drastically different than every other parade WDW has ever had? check.
Not repetitive like every other WDW parade ever? check.

BETTER GIVE IT THE AXE!!!"

Seriously, they ditch THIS? And the yawn-fests that are the MK and DAK parades get to go on, year after year?? :brick:

I'd be excited if something equally as good was replacing this, but that sounds doubtful.

TP2000

Seriously, they ditch THIS? And the yawn-fests that are the MK and DAK parades get to go on, year after year?? :brick:

The reasoning here is much like what brought Block Party Bash to Florida to begin with; DCA is getting rid of their current parade and it needs a place to go.

Except this time the entire DCA parade route is shutting down for 18 months while the remake of the main entrance happens and major construction continues in the rest of the park along the existing parade route. In 2012 DCA will have a new parade route that goes through an entirely different part of the park, and they can begin performing parades there again.

But in the meantime, Pixar Play Parade will just sit in a warehouse from January, 2011 until June, 2012. So instead of just keeping it in storage in California for those 18 months, they are sending it out to Florida to replace Block Party Bash.

_Scar

The reasoning here is much like what brought Block Party Bash to Florida to begin with; DCA is getting rid of their current parade and it needs a place to go.

Except this time the entire DCA parade route is shutting down for 18 months while the remake of the main entrance happens and major construction continues in the rest of the park along the existing parade route. In 2012 DCA will have a new parade route that goes through an entirely different part of the park, and they can begin performing parades there again.

But in the meantime, Pixar Play Parade will just sit in a warehouse from January, 2011 until June, 2012. So instead of just keeping it in storage in California for those 18 months, they are sending it out to Florida to replace Block Party Bash.

Are you sure?

I thought I read here that it will not be PPP?

the-reason14

Gotta wonder the thought process behind this one.

"Hmm. Block Party Bash.
Crowd pleaser? check.
Impressive performances? check.
Funny? check.
High energy? check.
Drastically different than every other parade WDW has ever had? check.
Not repetitive like every other WDW parade ever? check.

BETTER GIVE IT THE AXE!!!"

I'd be excited if something equally as good was replacing this, but that sounds doubtful.

I agree!! I'm not much of a parade person, but I know BPB was one where its actually a good thing to be strolling down the street the same time it's going. The worse parade imo is the DAK one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom