Block Party Bash closing January 2011

Cool! I really hope this one is as fun as BPB.

I always liked BPB. Maybe I related to how good the entertainers were. Being one myself I know I wouldn't want to do that routine twice in a row in sometimes almost 100+ degree weather!

WishingOnAStar

I enjoyed BPB but I am very excited about Remy, Emile, Carl, and Russell getting some love in the future. I would also really love to see Walle, Eve, and the Captain in the parade too

Animaniac93-98

Sounds good to me so far. It will be interesting to see if this will be an extended version of BBB or a more general parade using the same floats with new ones.

lightboy

...I love how you can strip something down to bare bones (floats), change the music, remove the show stops...

...and call it something new.

...and people get excited.

Sounds like Magic Kingdom? Glad they're at least being consistant.

COProgressFan

...I love how you can strip something down to bare bones (floats), change the music, remove the show stops...

...and call it something new.

...and people get excited.

Sounds like Magic Kingdom? Glad they're at least being consistant.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If I had to guess, we will see the same floats as we currently have (plus maybe 1 new one for new characters if we're lucky), a "new" soundtrack borrowed from California, and a "regular" parade without showstops or high energy performers. I'm guessing more marching, shuffling, and waving from the parade performers and characters rather than some impressive dancing and acrobatics.

My assumption is that they are doing this because BPB was too expensive to run every day, and they'd rather cut their costs by offering a "new" traditional parade that doesn't involve so many outsourced union (expensive) performers.

AdLibSean

I was thinking the exact same thing. If I had to guess, we will see the same floats as we currently have (plus maybe 1 new one for new characters if we're lucky), a "new" soundtrack borrowed from California, and a "regular" parade without showstops or high energy performers. I'm guessing more marching, shuffling, and waving from the parade performers and characters rather than some impressive dancing and acrobatics.

My assumption is that they are doing this because BPB was too expensive to run every day, and they'd rather cut their costs by offering a "new" traditional parade that doesn't involve so many outsourced union (expensive) performers.

I am also amused by everyone's positive attitude about something "new". Keep hoping folks.. this will be stripped down, watered down and completely the SAME line up of block party floats... just not stopping. Entertainment quality at WDW is dying a slow, slow death. ENJOY!

jmuboy

I am also amused by everyone's positive attitude about something "new". Keep hoping folks.. this will be stripped down, watered down and completely the SAME line up of block party floats... just not stopping. Entertainment quality at WDW is dying a slow, slow death. ENJOY!

FYI - it is more than Entertainment quality at the WDW resort that is dying a slow, slow death. Quality and value overall is falling faster than stock prices in the fall of 2008.

lightboy

Absolutely correct. Except you don't have to "guess"...that's exactly what it's going to be. Details are already out...those CMs affected aren't really keeping quiet about it.

People will be begging for BPB back...

And yes...judging from the number of Equity actor contracts in BPB (that will be cut when this parade closes)...you can bet your money this move was centered around the dollar signs.

Leave it to Disney (moreso WDW lately) to figure out a way to destroy something, and reincarnate it as something cheap and packaged. Then make official announcements exciting people about it to make it look like a "positive" change.

BrerFrog

That means I will be able to catch the new parade. I liked the energetic style of BPB, but I am curious about the new parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom