Block Party Bash closing January 2011

...I love how you can strip something down to bare bones (floats), change the music, remove the show stops...

...and call it something new.

...and people get excited.

Sounds like Magic Kingdom? Glad they're at least being consistant.

Completely agree. I was kinda excited when a CM friend mentioned that BPB was ending, since they mistakenly made it sound like Pixar Play Parade was replacing it. This... kinda sounds worse than the (Insert Marketing Slogan Here) A Dream Come True ridiculousness. If you remove the acro, show stops, and dumb down the choreography, there's nothing left in the parade I'd be interested in. I think the floats are ugly, and the costumes are meh. They're products of Entertainment having to make a parade for a failing park (DCA) with no clear creative direction at the time (at least not one that people didn't loathe, i.e. Hip & Edgy). So they decided to throw Pixar at it. Not that PPP is much better as a parade that doesn't really say anything about the park it's located in, but at least it has style.

Tori

The reasoning here is much like what brought Block Party Bash to Florida to begin with; DCA is getting rid of their current parade and it needs a place to go.

Except this time the entire DCA parade route is shutting down for 18 months while the remake of the main entrance happens and major construction continues in the rest of the park along the existing parade route. In 2012 DCA will have a new parade route that goes through an entirely different part of the park, and they can begin performing parades there again.

But in the meantime, Pixar Play Parade will just sit in a warehouse from January, 2011 until June, 2012. So instead of just keeping it in storage in California for those 18 months, they are sending it out to Florida to replace Block Party Bash.

Are you sure?

I thought I read here that it will not be PPP?

I heard that Pixar Play Parade isn't coming down either. Someone on another site said that were keeping 3 of the BPB floats and receiving 3 new floats.. Hmm.

SAV

I agree!! I'm not much of a parade person, but I know BPB was one where its actually a good thing to be strolling down the street the same time it's going. The worse parade imo is the DAK one.

And I guess that's why they have different things for different people.

I think BPB is terrible and wouldn't stop to watch it if I was strolling by. I was hoping it would be replaced with something better and am very happy about that announcement.

I always make sure to get to my spot early for Mickeys Jammin' Jungle Parade and feel it's the best parade on property.

the-reason14

I think BPB is terrible and wouldn't stop to watch it if I was strolling by. I was hoping it would be replaced with something better and am very happy about that announcement.

I always make sure to get to my spot early for Mickeys Jammin' Jungle Parade and feel it's the best parade on property.

To each their own I guess. The AK parade is horrible IMO.

COProgressFan

I understand that some people didn't like BPB because it wasn't your typical 2000s-era WDW parade. I'm not a fan of the cheesy YMCA/Macarena soundtrack, but the energy and skill of the performers is appreciated. It's different from a procession of waving characters that we're accustomed to, and despite the issues I may have had with the music, its just a lot of fun.

So yeah, different strokes for different folks, but you have to appreciate that they at least tried something new and different here.

trr1

Pixar Pals Cavalcade comes to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Pixar Pals Cavalcade comes to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sep 17, 2010

Four Pixar characters will be making their way back to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. A new parade called Pixar Pals Cavalcade will begin January 16, 2011 and feature Remy and Emile from "Ratatouille" along with Carl and Russell from "Up." These characters were formerly seen in the Magic of Disney Animation building, but have been replaced by Lotso, the bear from Toy Story 3.

Block Party Bash, the current parade at Hollywood Studios, will end January 1, 2011.

muse1983

I am more than happy to see BPB leave. I love everything in Disney World and never put on a sour face when seeing the parade but I feel they could do much better and hopefully much less annoying.....

DisneyParksFan1

I love BPB, it's very high-energy and the floats although very little of them, are very whimsical and intricate. It's a great parade, well a bash, and it's sad to see it leave, but DHS needs something new. I'm glad we're getting this. The only beef I have with this is that we are yet again, getting DLR's sloppy seconds. I don't like the Pixar Play Parade's soundtrack and I dislike it even more that we get another soundtrack from another resort. Other than that, It's great and I wonder if the floats will be new...?

thelookingglass

I am more than happy to see BPB leave. I love everything in Disney World and never put on a sour face when seeing the parade but I feel they could do much better and hopefully much less annoying.....
I'm having a hard time seeing how Block Party Bash is annoying, when every other parade has like a minute long music loop playing over, and over, and over, while the characters ride or stroll by and wave at you.

thelookingglass

Not to mention that Block Party Bash is far less of a hassle to get around if you don't want to watch it. Its not that long, and once the floats are parked, you can walk in front of behind the first and last floats to get where you need to go. All the other parades stretch on and on for nearly a half hour, and hold up the street for that long.

TP2000

Are you sure?

I thought I read here that it will not be PPP?

I have no insider info on this one, I am just extrapolating from the official Disney announcement and some other knowledgeable sources that it's using at least some of the Pixar Play Parade floats. Goodness knows that Pixar Play Parade will no longer be able to be performed at Disney California Constructionland by the end of the year. DCA won't be able to have a parade again until the makeover is done in 2012.

The specific mention by Disney that the new DHS parade will feature a Ratatouille float, to me at least, certainly means they'll be shipping out the Ratatouille float unit, stilt walkers and bungee jumping rats from DCA's Pixar Play Parade.

chefs-on-stilts-11_n_disneyparade5_large.jpg
pixar19.jpg

candydog

It does seem likely that they'll keep the main "movie" floats from BPB and get rid of the block and traffic cone floats. They'll probably then add one or two floats, Such as Ratatouille and Up to flesh it out a little more, and that'll be it.

Dragonrider1227

As long as we still get Mrs. Incredible "shakin' it" I think I'll like this parade :D
I vote they should take the technology they used to make R2D2 in the Stars and Motor Cars parade and use that to make a Wall-E!

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I have no insider info on this one, I am just extrapolating from the official Disney announcement and some other knowledgeable sources that it's using at least some of the Pixar Play Parade floats. Goodness knows that Pixar Play Parade will no longer be able to be performed at Disney California Constructionland by the end of the year. DCA won't be able to have a parade again until the makeover is done in 2012.

The specific mention by Disney that the new DHS parade will feature a Ratatouille float, to me at least, certainly means they'll be shipping out the Ratatouille float unit, stilt walkers and bungee jumping rats from DCA's Pixar Play Parade.

I don't remember where I read this, but on some other Disney site with good info I read that the Ratatouille float is too tall to pass under the Red Car Trolley wires, so it will be cut from the lineup...or something like that...either way, they only use it during the summers.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love BPB, it's very high-energy and the floats although very little of them, are very whimsical and intricate. It's a great parade, well a bash, and it's sad to see it leave, but DHS needs something new. I'm glad we're getting this. The only beef I have with this is that we are yet again, getting DLR's sloppy seconds. I don't like the Pixar Play Parade's soundtrack and I dislike it even more that we get another soundtrack from another resort. Other than that, It's great and I wonder if the floats will be new...?

Agree with everything in this post. I was continually awed by the energy and skill of the BPB performers, especially when it was 100+ degrees outside. Sure, the soundtrack was annoying (though, far less so than Stars and Cars, in my opinion), but it was by far the most high energy parade on the property.

And yes, the pattern of WDW getting DLR's leftovers continues again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom