Blaze Pizza opening in May 2016 at Disney Springs

DonaldDoleWhip

Won't be visiting the WDW location anytime soon, but the addition of a Blaze is a definite win in my book (and yet another one for Disney Springs). Quick, casual, and a very decent value.

JohnD

There's one in my hometown. I like it but if you're looking for typical pizza type choices, you won't find them here. It's a little more upscale in it's pizza selection although I think you can build you own by topping.

iamnotsteve

They have dairy free cheese and are careful with glove changes and separate pizza cutters (at our local one, anyway)--we eat there all the time with our milk allergy daughter. She loves being able to eat normal looking pizza with us.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, August 5. Concur with the great review by @wdwmagic. I ate there this afternoon myself. The variety and freshness puts Disney theme park pizza to shame. Looking through the review photos, this one was missing, which tells the $ story. The "signature" pizzas (ingredients already decided, but "built" from scratch) are all in the $9.65 category. The price is right for Blaze Pizza.

IMG_8199.JPG

MuteSuperstar

Based on the Blaze here in town (and the 2 other identical "concepts" that have opened recently), I would rather have the flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus. But that's just me. Glad people have another option for pizza.

MagicHappens1971

Photo update as of Friday, August 5. Concur with the great review by @wdwmagic. I ate there this afternoon myself. The variety and freshness puts Disney theme park pizza to shame. Looking through the review photos, this one was missing, which tells the $ story. The "signature" pizzas (ingredients already decided, but "built" from scratch) are all in the $9.65 category. The price is right for Blaze Pizza.

View attachment 154811
A simple pie is only $5.00 by where I live in South FL so $7.25 at Disney isn't bad. Plus Blaze is sooo much better then the theme park pizza.

bhg469

Based on the Blaze here in town (and the 2 other identical "concepts" that have opened recently), I would rather have the flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus. But that's just me. Glad people have another option for pizza.
You know, I feel like a lot of people convince themselves that this type of pizza is better because of the better toppings. I will say this is better than resort pizza but it is still low quality dough that they have to pretty much make it paper thin and burn it to add flavor. That makes for a very firm crust. These pies are 100% about the toppings and that is where they tend to be better. I am definitely spoiled where I live because we have some places that serve the NY pizza but a majority of the places have a slightly thicker one, with a super high quality dough that no one ever throws away the crust.

lazyboy97o

PS: They said they make all the dough in-house on a daily basis.
I honestly do not understand why this is considered some mark of pride for pizza places. It should fall into the category of bare minimum requirements. There is not a whole lot that goes into making dough.

halltd

I honestly do not understand why this is considered some mark of pride for pizza places. It should fall into the category of bare minimum requirements. There is not a whole lot that goes into making dough.
I mentioned it because of the people saying it was no better than frozen dough used in theme parks (which I don't even know if that's true). Also, it tasted like it was good quality. So, to me, it was the mark of pride for yummy pizza. You can hate it, that's fine. Just more for me to consume. :)

Jon81uk

Because Dominos use fresh (not frozen) dough but ship it out from a central kitchen (or at least they do in the UK). Therefore making it in house makes them better than Dominoes?

hokielutz

"The speed of service and capacity makes Blaze an even more attractive option, and we think Blaze is likely to unseat the Earl of Sandwich as the king of Disney Springs quick service dining."

This is excellent news!! Reduced wait time to get a delicious Holiday Sandwich or The Full Monty at Earl is worthy of a few Hip hip Hoorays!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
"The speed of service and capacity makes Blaze an even more attractive option, and we think Blaze is likely to unseat the Earl of Sandwich as the king of Disney Springs quick service dining."

This is excellent news!! Reduced wait time to get a delicious Holiday Sandwich or The Full Monty at Earl is worthy of a few Hip hip Hoorays!
My last Holiday Sandwich was very disappointing.
It was our last meal in the bubble, before heading to the airport.

I think we'll give Blaze a try this year. I'm not a big pizza fan, but Hubby has yet to meet a pie he didn't like.

bhg469

My last Holiday Sandwich was very disappointing.
It was our last meal in the bubble, before heading to the airport.

I think we'll give Blaze a try this year. I'm not a big pizza fan, but Hubby has yet to meet a pie he didn't like.
Didn't you say you frequent Buffalo occassionally? There are. Few of these type places here already. Nothing beats WNY pizza though :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom