DCBaker

Premium Member
Terrible news - RIP.

Egjby7mXsAAXX-f.jpeg

champdisney

Terrible news - RIP.

View attachment 493680

Damn. This hit me hard.

I don’t know about you guys but I did not know he was ill with cancer. This goes to show what a true professional he was at his craft. All while keeping this a secret, I suppose he didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for him. A real man he was.

May Mr. Boseman rest in peace. God bless him and his family.

#WakandaForever

mf1972

wow! just heard the news. really surprised because i didn’t know he was battling cancer. he was good as james brown. haven’t gotten around to 42. RIP Mr Boseman

erasure fan1

He had it the whole time he was with Marvel and they likely knew too yet they still gave him such a huge and integral part in this massive story despite the fact he was sick and they could’ve tried to look for someone else. What a trooper and what great people to stick with him.
I've been thinking about that. It was such a shock because of how he kept it a secret. Did Disney/Marvel know his condition? I would assume they would have had to. If they did, props to them for continuing forward anyway.

Quinnmac000

I've been thinking about that. It was such a shock because of how he kept it a secret. Did Disney/Marvel know his condition? I would assume they would have had to. If they did, props to them for continuing forward anyway.

Fun factor...your health information is still protected even as a famous person; higher disney leadership for insurance purposes Likely were aware and set medical staff to ensure proper care in event of injury.

Similar to Howard Ashman where Disney leadership knew he has aids whereas others did not until after he died.

Jedijax719

This is absolutely shocking and gut-wrenching!!!! He was so strong and powerful in his roles in the past 4 years, nobody had any clue or idea! This may be one of the hardest hitting celebrity tragedies in a LONG time!!! So so so sad!!!

Rest in peace King T'Challa.

Mike S

For some reason last night I forgot when exactly Civil War was but he was diagnosed the year it came out so nothing was known when he first got the part.

Looking back to when I saw Endgame Black Panther returning at the end got the biggest reaction outside of Spider-Man. He was such a loved presence in the MCU and fit in like a glove.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Haven’t seen Black Panther because I’m not a Marvel fan, but I absolutely love Chadwick’s performance as Jackie Robinson in 42. One of the greatest sports movies of all-time. In fact, the MLB’s 42/Jack Robinson Day was yesterday. Local guy too. Born and raised here in S.C.

Rest In Peace.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they would have known...and may even explain why the production of black panther 2 was very slow to get rolling. My guess (just that) was Disney was cautious possibly for this very reason.

Damn. Tons of respect for him as the news came in. Just a battler to work and keep it private and do the parts he did. None of his movies have been “easy” by any stretch.

Big loss that will resonate for years...just to people...Hollywood aside.

Jedijax719

I so want to watch BP (I always want to watch it-it's my favorite marvel film), but don't think I can right now without crying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom