Black Panther M&G coming in 2018

TP2000

I think I'm actually more impressed with Black Panther's shaved head lady bodyguards than Black Panther himself. Talk about dedication to the role with shaving your head!

But I just found this adorable video where one of the bodyguards is so kind and fun with these little girls, while staying perfectly in character. Bravo lady bodyguard, and bravo Disneyland!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sure. But I'm just talking about Black Panther in 2018. Disney World can't touch it, can't mention it, can't use it. While Disneyland gets to ride the Black Panther craze of '18 for as long as it can, possibly overshadowing Pixar Fest that launches in two months. (Not hard to do with Pixar Fest, but you get my point)

But Disney World can't even mention Black Panther in a sentence? That will be a real bummer for 2018.

Not being able to acknowledge Black Panther in 2018 would be like if Disney World couldn't mention the word Frozen or any of its characters in 2013, while Disneyland could set up meet n' greets and stage shows and dress boutiques and themed snowball fights as much as they wanted.

So, you're saying the Anaheim is worse off than Orlando thanks to the Universal deal because DL/CA is overcrowded with Marvel characters, right?

;)

George Lucas on a Bench

At Universal, the characters come out on tractors. How come they don't have tractors at Disney?

images

Practical Pig

My take on whether or not Disney could leverage some way of using Black panther in Florida at this time is that they would have figured that out one way or another before this film was even greenlit. Since they aren't using BP in Florida, the lawyers have decided that they either simply can't, or that now isn't the time to do battle. It will be very interesting to see what looms ahead on this Black Panther front, park-wise.

As an aside, I'm impressed with Disney for producing this film and I'm very happy that it is finding the success that it is.

D

Deleted member 107043

As an aside, I'm impressed with Disney for producing this film and I'm very happy that it is finding the success that it is.

Me too. As much as we've heard about Hollywood being reluctant to finance high-profile films with black casts the huge success of this film is monumental. Annoying IP in the parks aside, as a Disney fan I'm thrilled that TWDCo is playing a predominant role in leading the way for more inclusion on the silver screen.

Practical Pig

Me too. As much as we've heard about Hollywood being reluctant to finance high-profile films with black casts the huge success of this film is monumental. Annoying IP in the parks aside, as a Disney fan I'm thrilled that TWDCo is playing a predominant role in leading the way for more inclusion on the silver screen.

Exactly. Disney has nudged some other envelopes before, but this one feels significant right now.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Video footage

Wow that is one Terrible presentation. Universal always had some great stunt shows in their parks Even waterworld is still popular.
You would think they would do something kind of small stunt show using the cityscape in that area.

Anyone remember when Disney did the small Indiana stunt show in Adventureland? Even that was more exciting than this

Last edited:

brb1006

Wow that is one Terrible presentation. Universal always had something great stunt shows in their parks Even waterworld is still popular.
You would think they would do something kind of small stunt show using the cityscape in that area.

Anyone remember when Disney did the small Indiana stunt show in Adventureland? Even that was more exciting than this
That's been there since opening day of IOA.

TP2000

Black Panther set more records by Monday morning, after a surprisingly strong late Sunday night box office. Black Panther is now within a million or two of surpassing the 4-day weekend box office of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015. I can't wait to see all those fierce little lady bodyguards on my doorstep this Halloween!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...nd-box-office-record-shattering-debut-1085932

mickEblu

So between the rave reviews, box office numbers and the fact that DCA is the only park stateside that could host a Black Panther attraction does Bugs Land = Wakanda section in Marvel Land? Please note: I haven’t seen the movie yet. No spoilers please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

So between the rave reviews, box office numbers and the fact that DCA is the only park stateside that could host a Black Panther attraction does Bugs Land = Wakanda section in Marvel Land? Please note: I haven’t seen the movie yet. No spoilers please.

A Wakanda land would need to be SW:GE or World of Avatar in scope to give the world you see in the film any justice. I don't see a physical representation being built within the existing Disney Anaheim infrastructure without some major expansion/changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Let's just say that building a Wakanda would be as resource intensive as building a Zootopia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom