Black Panther M&G coming in 2018

mickEblu

I doubt we'd see a Black Panther ride any time soon. The movie would need to be a success before Chapek would commit and the Marvel lineup for DCA is already pretty set.

Would it count as a new attraction if Disney replaced the black panther you see when riding past Adventureland on the DLRR with MARVELs Black Panther? It would at Universal.

Antaundra

I doubt we'd see a Black Panther ride any time soon. The movie would need to be a success before Chapek would commit and the Marvel lineup for DCA is already pretty set.
Wait, did I miss something? I thought the plans for Marvel Land were in flux. I think this is the first time you've said that the line up is pretty much set.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wait, did I miss something? I thought the plans for Marvel Land were in flux. I think this is the first time you've said that the line up is pretty much set.

Its pretty much known (from D23 announcements) that it'll be an Avengers/Capt America coaster and a Spider-Man attraction (but they can always add more). The exact location and how much space it'll take up in DCA is what is in flux.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No. In the MCU I believe Falcon was the first.

Way back in the day, before the MCU, Blade was the first (I believe).

In the comics Black Panther was the first black superhero of either DC or Marvel back debuting in 1966. Falcon came in 1969 and Blade didn't come until 1973.

Speaking of DC they didn't get their first black superhero until 1971 with John Stewart in Green Lantern. Cyborg didn't come until 1980.

Credit:
https://www.historyguy.com/comicshistory/who_were_first_black_superheroes.htm

wdrive

Interesting update to the auditions for this:

Female Look-Alike from Black Panther: Dora Milaje: 5’6” – 6’ to play 20 – 35 years old.

Seeking athletically-built women to portray the personal bodyguards to Black Panther. This role will be type cast. If offered, must be willing to shave head.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
upload_2017-12-11_17-16-54.png

Interesting update to the auditions for this:

Female Look-Alike from Black Panther: Dora Milaje: 5’6” – 6’ to play 20 – 35 years old.

Seeking athletically-built women to portray the personal bodyguards to Black Panther. This role will be type cast. If offered, must be willing to shave head.

Ismael Flores

After seeing the movie I have to say that if I had a choice I wouldn’t mind walking the streets and seeing what WDI could do ignore given the right budget to bring to life the world of Wakanda.
Looked like an amazing mixture of African culture with great futuristic state of the art structures and technology. Probably could had fit DAK nicely and I will be hated for saying this but would even fit as a replacement for tomorrowland.
All the cool structures, transportation and green landscape would defiantly look better than the neglected buildings we have now

OF course the problem would be the limitation in theme

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom