Bizzare scene at Philharmagic

bobjl527

Original Poster
I was at the Magic Kingdom on Oct. 24, but I left the park around 1:30 p.m. I went to the Magic Kingdom early for the extra magic hour.

When did this take place (not sayin' that I wanted to witness this)?

Very weird and unsanitary.

It was right after the afternoon parade was cancelled due to the rain. I want to say around 3:30 or so.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
First of all, I am going to have to be a lot more careful of thread subject lines if I am going to visit this board during my lunch hour. :ROFLOL:

Secondly, if this were a cultural norm anywhere in the world, don'tcha think that thanks to the bajillion travel programs shown on several lifestyle channels (the Travel Channel comes to mind...) we would have heard about it by now? :shrug:

Ratatouille, your story is dissimilar in that you disposed of the bag properly.

The story posted by the OP seems like just straight-up lack of consideration for other human beings to me. :fork: And unfortunately, that seems to be getting more and more commonplace, no matter where one is from.

Decent people of the world, unite!! :lol: :wave:

WishIwasThere

At least it was a bag and not an empty Disney soda cup. A kid could have picked it up and wondered what Club Cool flavor it was

The original story made me laugh...my wife calls it my sick sense of humor. But this reply just made me laugh so hard, my Coke came out my nose.:ROFLOL:

KingStefan

First of all, I am going to have to be a lot more careful of thread subject lines if I am going to visit this board during my lunch hour. :ROFLOL:
I was thinking the same thing!
Secondly, if this were a cultural norm anywhere in the world, don'tcha think that thanks to the bajillion travel programs shown on several lifestyle channels (the Travel Channel comes to mind...) we would have heard about it by now? :shrug:

I lived in France for several years, and visited several surrounding countries. In many cultures I encountered, it is perfectly acceptable for parents to allow/encourage children to do this type of thing. Also for grown men to urinate as long as they face away from anybody watching, even in the daytime.

I don't believe that this is something that the Travel Channel thinks would attract more viewership. That's probably why you don't see it there. You also generally don't see the homeless people who live under the bridges that cross the Seine, or the gypsy camps using modern-style travel trailers (usually pretty beat up, but modern-style meaning not the brightly painted wooden-wheeled stereotypes) by the railroad sidings in the Paris suburbs.

So, I'm not passing judgement. However, leaving the baggie behind instead of disposing of it properly I think goes beyond what's acceptable, culture difference or not.

Vernonpush

I thought this thread was about the PhilharMagic Movie!:eek:
there is also a fad at our local coffee shop that ever hippy mother in our neighborhood thinks that it is cool to breast feed without putting a blanket over the child/breast.... i mean come on, i really dont want to see your child going to town on your breast while im trying to figure out how many creamers to put in my Hazelnut. :lookaroun

:D... and the key word in that story is "hippy mother"
Crestwood Coffee Shop!?!?:eek:

MickeyJman06

I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.
:eek::eek::eek:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by KingStefan:
However, leaving the baggie behind instead of disposing of it properly I think goes beyond what's acceptable, culture difference or not.

That's actually what I meant, that if leaving bags of urine around were the norm somewhere, we would have heard about it, if only as a warning. Thanks for making me clarify.

I do believe that p'ing on nature is universal :lol: And while many of us would seek out the backside of a shrub rather than the front, it doesn't bother some others to be on display. To each his own, as long as they don't bag it and leave it behind! :D

Maerj

I told a co-worker about this story today and he told me that he read an article about these parents who don't believe in using diapers on their kiddies. Apparently this is some kind of new fad? :shrug: Yuck!

A little side story...

My first job (many years ago) was working in an outlet mall and we had one incident where a young boy, he looked to be around 10 years old, came into our store and made a number two right on the floor. Then he pulled up his pants and walked threw it and tracked it all over the store. When the manager told his mother about it, she took him to the bathroom and cleaned him up. They kept shopping like nothing happened.

I guess there's just a lot of disgusting people out there. :rolleyes:

PintoColvig

If this were a cultural thing, wouldn't we see this more often?

Well, at least it was pp and not dookie. :lookaroun
I think we are in agreement! :wave:

SallyfromDE

I will never in my life forget this. I work in a department store and about 20 years ago, this customer set up a potty chair in the aisle!! She didn't want to interrupt her childs training!

That is just one of the bizarre things I've seen over the years.

Adison Belle

I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :hurl:

I really don't wanna judge these people but I'm sorry. If we have to respect you, you should have to respect us. I'm sorry it's the way it is.

mousefan1972

This thread certainly has cured my desire for a pice of chocolate!!! :hurl:

Whew, thanks! I was about to break into the Halloween candy, but now no longer feel the urge (ha, ha, no pun intended!). Thanks; I really didn't need any more candy right now! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom