Bizzare scene at Philharmagic

EvilQueen81

That is gross. I don't understand people sometimes, it doesn't surprise me though. I have found that everytime we go to the world I see something I don't usually see at home and I don't mean rides, food or attractions.

Not as good as the OP but similiar

My DGF and I were at the Animal Kingdom on a beautiful spring afternoon. We go about eight times a year for 3-4 days each time. We always make it a point to go on a few rides that either we may not have seen before or may not entirely enjoy, but it is Disney and 95% of the rides have some sort of enjoyment factor. (Except Drew Carey's "Smells" Dangerous) Anyway.....

We were on our way out to Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time enjoying the train ride and when we reached the station we hopped off. As we were walking the winding, lush pathway we noticed a little boy about 3 or 4 standing on the edge of the pathway. About a second later the boy dropped his pants and proceeded to ______ into the bushes. As he was doing this his mother was standing next to him praising him. We were appalled! I then got into the face of the woman and forcefully said "Are you Kidding Me. You can't do this." Now I am about 6’3”tall and 270lbs ex-military. Needless to say I can be intimidating. She didn’t flinch and the boy finished and walked off. I informed the nearest CM and she ran off to talk to the lady. The kicker is there was a restroom not 10 yards away!

magickingdom55

I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.

:hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
[FONT=Arial
[COLOR=black]We were on our way out to Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time enjoying the train ride and when we reached the station we hopped off. As we were walking the winding, lush pathway we noticed a little boy about 3 or 4 standing on the edge of the pathway. About a second later the boy dropped his pants and proceeded to ______ into the bushes. As he was doing this his mother was standing next to him praising him. We were appalled! I then got into the face of the woman and forcefully said "Are you Kidding Me. You can't do this." Now I am about 6’3”tall and 270lbs ex-military. Needless to say I can be intimidating. She didn’t flinch and the boy finished and walked off. I informed the nearest CM and she ran off to talk to the lady. The kicker is there was a restroom not 10 yards away! [/COLOR]

That's just crazy! :hammer:

EPCOT.nut

Ok, let's say you visit another country and you do something that is a cultural faux pas, but you didn't know you had committed it. You are oblivious/ignorant to the fact you have done something, but to all the natives of the land, you have offended and grossed some people out.

Yes, what was done was unsanitary to us, but to them, it is possible that since it was sealed in a plastic bag, it was fine. Cultures can be a funny thing when we go outside our own comfort zone.

Ok then I am in culture-shock!

I would love to agree with you but I just...can't...believe...it's...cultural.

:eek::eek::eek: :hurl:

Thats disgusting. I would have definately said NO, NO, and pointed to the bag in the corner. Thats so bad... LOL. No is a universal word. LOL

bayoutinkbelle

You mean I missed this???!!! :eek: I was in MK that day, I do believe. Definitely a bizarre story. Different culture or no, it would have been the OK thing to do to tell them that -- in Florida, at least - it is not proper to leave one's waste in a baggy in a public place.

Really.

elpack

If it is "cultural" I'd have to say that particular culture has a total lack of culture.. it sounds more like plain old disgusting people that can live anywhere.. :veryconfu

Speaking from experience.. I work in a retail bullseyed national chain... in NY - and plenty of people change their kids dirty diapers and simply place it on salesfloor shelves along with merchandise. We've captured (via our ceiling cameras) adults peeing in beverage cups and leaving those on salesfloor shelves..

All I got to say is.. EWWWW

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You mean I missed this???!!! :eek: I was in MK that day, I do believe. Definitely a bizarre story. Different culture or no, it would have been the OK thing to do to tell them that -- in Florida, at least - it is not proper to leave one's waste in a baggy in a public place.

Really.

There's probably a law about this....at least there should be!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You know, even if she had of thrown it in the garbage, it would have made it to the AVAC system and surely burst. And then doesn't someone actually pick out the recyclable goods out of the trash? Yuck....double yuck :hurl:

daliseurat

I'm sure public urination is accepted in many places. But relieving oneself in the midst of a crowd and leaving a bag full of it behind? No. I'm sorry, there is no way THAT is acceptable anywhere.

If you have garbage of ANY kind, you place it in the trash. In any culture. I can believe tha the parent was doing something that they thought was acceptable, until they just placed the bag of urine against a wall.

BAD BAD BAD!

jasondiff

Ok, let's say you visit another country and you do something that is a cultural faux pas, but you didn't know you had committed it. You are oblivious/ignorant to the fact you have done something, but to all the natives of the land, you have offended and grossed some people out.

Yes, what was done was unsanitary to us, but to them, it is possible that since it was sealed in a plastic bag, it was fine. Cultures can be a funny thing when we go outside our own comfort zone.

But if I was in another country and committed a cultural faux pas, I would want a native to tell me so that I don't do it again. Where were the CMs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom