Bizzare scene at Philharmagic

raven

A similar story happened to us when I was there with my family in 1998:

We were waiting in line outside of Test Track and the line had wrapped around by (at the time) Horizons. We glanced up on the hill just in time to see a girl about 7 or 8 years-old with her pants around her ankles, with her bare butt facing the crowd, dropping a BM. We couldn't believe what were were seeing and the parents of the little girl just watched along with everyone else. Evidently they didn't see the bathrooms about 50 yards away. :hurl:

Scar Junior

Haha... this just falls into that "WDW: you can't make this stuff up" category.

While I was on my first CP we caught two local teenagers doing something inside the tree of life theater that would make even Jessica Rabbit blush. The incident brought on a slew of outrageous stories from longtime CMs and Disney security.

Eyorefan

Enough with the righteous indignation. Who among us has not left a bag o' urine in an attraction queue?

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor... I'll start whiping the water off my keyboard...

But if I was in another country and committed a cultural faux pas, I would want a native to tell me so that I don't do it again. Where were the CMs?

Thank you for saying this! Why is it that Americans are so willing to believe that any gross or idiotic thing a foreigner does must be cultural? Are we that worried about being labeled "dumb insensitive Americans?"

I don't think its possible that something like that would be socially acceptable anywhere in the world. If it is, please tell me where so I can be sure never to go there!

Just my dumb insensitive American opinion. :wave:

kimmychad

Ok, let's say you visit another country and you do something that is a cultural faux pas, but you didn't know you had committed it. You are oblivious/ignorant to the fact you have done something, but to all the natives of the land, you have offended and grossed some people out.

Yes, what was done was unsanitary to us, but to them, it is possible that since it was sealed in a plastic bag, it was fine. Cultures can be a funny thing when we go outside our own comfort zone.

no im sorry theres no excuse for that kind of behavior. if your from another culture and your that oblivious to the rest of the world do some research before you leave your hut or whatever

kimmychad

You mean I missed this???!!! :eek: I was in MK that day, I do believe. Definitely a bizarre story. Different culture or no, it would have been the OK thing to do to tell them that -- in Florida, at least - it is not proper to leave one's waste in a baggy in a public place.

Really.

lol in florida and in about 95% of the rest of the world

no im sorry theres no excuse for that kind of behavior. if your from another culture and your that oblivious to the rest of the world do some research before you leave your hut or whatever

ouch. though i do believe that this goes beyond the whole "excusable because its cultural" thing, you're being pretty harsh with the hut thing. i don't know, maybe im just a touchy africana studies minor, but i think the whole huts thing was a step too far. the people that leave urine in bags are not tribal hut dwellars. most likely, they live in a house, like most people. sorry.

MAF

? :confused:

Did NO ONE say anything to them? I would have said something. There is no way I would have been able to :zipit: and watch that. I have told people "You've got to be kidding me" when I have seen outrageous stuff in the past.

I keep thinking maybe at an attraction sponsored by Brawny? :lol: (Lights, motors, action) :lol:

To leave that for a CM to clean up? :confused: Some people have no regard for others! Why would they have done that? How completely revolting!
:lol: Wow, I think I love you....:lol:

Scar Junior

ouch. though i do believe that this goes beyond the whole "excusable because its cultural" thing, you're being pretty harsh with the hut thing. i don't know, maybe im just a touchy africana studies minor, but i think the whole huts thing was a step too far. the people that leave urine in bags are not tribal hut dwellars. most likely, they live in a house, like most people. sorry.

yeah i think you are

SGT623

I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.

!?!?!??!

Hrudey3032

If it is "cultural" I'd have to say that particular culture has a total lack of culture.. it sounds more like plain old disgusting people that can live anywhere.. :veryconfu

Speaking from experience.. I work in a retail bullseyed national chain... in NY - and plenty of people change their kids dirty diapers and simply place it on salesfloor shelves along with merchandise. We've captured (via our ceiling cameras) adults peeing in beverage cups and leaving those on salesfloor shelves..

All I got to say is.. EWWWW

I have you beat here as I used to work 3rds for Walmart and this lady who was large(like 400pounds) had a accident as she was 1.enebriated and 2. to busy to cut into her shopping.Well instead of going and taking care of the problem she decided to take towels off the shelf(Not paper either) and cleaned herself in the automotive dept. and left the towels on the floor along with the underwear she was wearing and the ____ that was in them. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life.She said to me she didnt want to walk up front and leave her cart and didnt want to stop shopping.It was pathetic and :hurl:

Still gives me the hebie jebies

jasondiff

Do their houses have toilets, or are there little baggies all over their living room? If it's not OK to do at home, why is it OK to do on someone else's property in front of hundreds of people?

I would also have said something. I have been known to chastise unsanitary and lazy guests in the past merely because I love WDW far too much to simply stand by and watch others disrespect the “Disney atmosphere” effort put forth by cast members. My fiancée and I were waiting outside Country Bear Jamboree a few years back when a little girl went out of her way to place her used plastic ice cream bowl, crumpled chocolate stained napkins, and salvia-coated spoon on the ground IN FRONT of a perfectly functional garbage can. Without missing a beat, we both stopped her, asked her if this was how she handled her trash at home, then proceeded to point out the very large garbage can before her. Embarrassed, she tossed the mess, hopefully taking away the intrusion of the two strangers as a lesson. The both of us come from a child care profession background, so it was sort of our instinct to chime in, but I believe all guests should participate in the upkeep of the Disney parks. There should be no shame in speaking out against selfish littering and unsanitary laziness on behalf of disrespectful guests.

There, I feel so much better now!:)

IMPoppins

A similar story happened to us when I was there with my family in 1998:

We were waiting in line outside of Test Track and the line had wrapped around by (at the time) Horizons. We glanced up on the hill just in time to see a girl about 7 or 8 years-old with her pants around her ankles, with her bare butt facing the crowd, dropping a BM. We couldn't believe what were were seeing and the parents of the little girl just watched along with everyone else. Evidently they didn't see the bathrooms about 50 yards away. :hurl:

I don't even know where to begin to comment on this :veryconfu :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom