Bizzare scene at Philharmagic

bobjl527

Original Poster
I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.

Nemo14

I just had to share this with everyone. While at MK on Wednesday, October 24th, my wife and I saw something very strange.
While waiting to enter Mickey's PhilharMagic, we were standing next to a nice family having a great day at the park. They decided to take a group shot with dad and the kids all decked out in their 3-D glasses. The lady was getting ready to snap the cute picture when she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take the picture yet. Why you ask? She said, "There is a naked little boy in the background!" Low and behold, here is a little boy maybe around 2 or 3 with his shirt pulled up and his shorts and diaper pulled down. Right in the middle of this huge group of people.
OK, I thought. He is just a little boy who doesn't know any better, and I was expecting to hear mom or dad say no, no, no or something. Instead (this is kind of gross) the mom proceeded to place a small plastic bag over the little boys privates and the little boy proceeded to fill the bag. Then when he was finished, mom tied the bag, showed everyone in their party how full it was, then carefully placed it on the floor against the wall. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. I mean the little boy was wearing a diaper. I would think that they would just let him relieve himself and change him after the show or take him to the restroom and see the show later.
I did not recognize the language they were speaking, however I don't think their origin should have anything to do with it. I overheard another guest say maybe that is acceptable in their country. Come on, at least find a garbage can to put it in instead of leaving it on the floor for a CM to pick up or another child. That could be a real big mess, not to mention unsanitary.
Was anyone else there to witness this? Oh, by the way, the family was able to take their picture a couple of minutes later.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

cdunbar

There are no words to describe this, I mean I've known my friends to pie into a bottle if need be but a bag is a new one...:eek:

EPCOT.nut

? :confused:

Did NO ONE say anything to them? I would have said something. There is no way I would have been able to :zipit: and watch that. I have told people "You've got to be kidding me" when I have seen outrageous stuff in the past.

I keep thinking maybe at an attraction sponsored by Brawny? :lol: (Lights, motors, action) :lol:

To leave that for a CM to clean up? :confused: Some people have no regard for others! Why would they have done that? How completely revolting!

mickey&me

Onle one word will come to me--WEIRD!

Maybe the diaper was for accidents and they're trying to potty train--okay, that I could (maybe, perhaps) deal with. But not to throw it in the trash! That just grossed me out!:eek:

suedenim

All I can think is that they must have been relatives of Borat.

The reaction's pretty similar, too - combination of "not my problem" and bending over backwards for "Well, maybe that's how they do it in Kazakhstan?"

But still... Even Borat courteously tried to find the proper disposal method.... :eek:

TTATraveler

That is so disgusting and disturbing.:eek: To think that this may be acceptable in another country frightens me. What is the purpose of the diaper? Why not save money on diapers and put the kid in underwear?

It's a good thing you didn't witness Number 2!!!

NoVa Mom

Bizarre! I think I would have said something too! As a former teacher if someone is not going to correct their child I have no problems stepping in! But to correct a parent?? Stranger things.... I guess!:shrug:

tigsmom

There is a fad (cult more like it) that doesn't believe in diapers and say that kids can be "trained" at birth. They are very open letting their kids answer the call of nature everywhere, even in sinks in public. :zipit:

Not only was what this person did disgusting (to most of us), but they created a biohazard as well. They should have disposed of it properly to avoid any problems. To each his own, but lets use some common sense too. :hammer:

sknydave

At least it was a bag and not an empty Disney soda cup. A kid could have picked it up and wondered what Club Cool flavor it was

EPCOT.nut

There is a fad (cult more like it) that doesn't believe in diapers and say that kids can be "trained" at birth. They are very open letting their kids answer the call of nature everywhere, even in sinks in public. :zipit:

Not only was what this person did disgusting (to most of us), but they created a biohazard as well. They should have disposed of it properly to avoid any problems. To each his own, but lets use some common sense too. :hammer:

No way! I will say something to any person that does something like that. If you want to train your kid like that they STAY AT HOME. I mean stay at home for however many years it takes. :fork:

bobjl527

Original Poster
? :confused:

Did NO ONE say anything to them? I would have said something. There is no way I would have been able to :zipit: and watch that. I have told people "You've got to be kidding me" when I have seen outrageous stuff in the past.

I think everyone was in shock. It was very strange and I have seen some very strange things in my lifetime. Everyone was just kind of looking at them dumbfounded. To be honest, they probably wouldn't have understood. Oh, btw, the Brawney comment brought a smile to my face.:lol:

SpongeScott

Ok, let's say you visit another country and you do something that is a cultural faux pas, but you didn't know you had committed it. You are oblivious/ignorant to the fact you have done something, but to all the natives of the land, you have offended and grossed some people out.

Yes, what was done was unsanitary to us, but to them, it is possible that since it was sealed in a plastic bag, it was fine. Cultures can be a funny thing when we go outside our own comfort zone.

Disney_Belle

I don't understand how someone could be disrespectful and just leave it there. Maybe it has to do with cultural customs, or maybe it was just plain laziness.

Lets just be thankful it wasn't under the doors when they opened "automagically toward you"!

I'll be in WDW next week and I will be sure not to go near any stray bags lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom