Birthday surprise

jiminy.cricket

Original Poster
Hey all,

So my coworker is almost as huge of a Disney junkie as I am. Her birthday is later this year, and she'll be heading to the World shortly after for a week! I'm trying to come up with some unique and creative ideas for decorating her cubicle desk...or anything else related to birthdays and Disney, for that matter. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

So far, I know I want to do something with music from the parks...that's about it.

kitten2299

What about going to your local party supply store and looking at the disney themed party supplies I know party city near me has mickey mouse balloons and streamers, winnie the pooh, princess and tinkerbell supplies.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I'm a sophomore and my senior friend asked me to prom. She knew how much I love Disney and decorated before I got to her house to hang out with her and some friends. She put a bunch of little disney cupcake toppers on the ground leading to the living room. There she was with Minnie ears, and a laptop with my favorite colors and in the Walt Disney World font was written "Prom?". There were mickey streamers and everything all around the room. She said she got it all at a party store. It was awesome! We had such a great time at the dance. I hope you have fun decorating!

hpyhnt 1000

I'm a sophomore and my senior friend asked me to prom. She knew how much I love Disney and decorated before I got to her house to hang out with her and some friends. She put a bunch of little disney cupcake toppers on the ground leading to the living room. There she was with Minnie ears, and a laptop with my favorite colors and in the Walt Disney World font was written "Prom?". There were mickey streamers and everything all around the room. She said she got it all at a party store. It was awesome! We had such a great time at the dance. I hope you have fun decorating!

What a cute story! I love the effort she went through for that. :)

Anyway, to the OP, yeah, I'd check out a party store for supplies. Any idea what her favorite park is? Favorite character? Some Disney themed cupcakes are always a good bet, and if you have any memorabilia like park maps or trinkets you could use those too.

MickeyDent

I would suggest decorating her cubicle to resemble the park itself. The Disney ballons and streamers are DEFINITELY a must. However, you might consider making up a sign that says "Approx wait time from this point ____ minutes" and actually figure out the # of minutes til her vacation and use that total. Also, some background music from the parks as well would be a good touch. You could even find out what her favorite attractions are and go to the Disney website and have personalized maps made up.

Also, a cake in the shape of the castle would be a nice touch if possible...

Good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes!!!

hpyhnt 1000

I would suggest decorating her cubicle to resemble the park itself. The Disney ballons and streamers are DEFINITELY a must. However, you might consider making up a sign that says "Approx wait time from this point ____ minutes" and actually figure out the # of minutes til her vacation and use that total. Also, some background music from the parks as well would be a good touch. You could even find out what her favorite attractions are and go to the Disney website and have personalized maps made up.

Also, a cake in the shape of the castle would be a nice touch if possible...

Good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes!!!

Oh, thats good! Definitely should do that.

jiminy.cricket

Original Poster
Wow; these are amazingly magical (or magically amazing) ideas! MickeyDent, I was thinking along the same lines as you in terms of going with a park theme. Creativity galore; thanks for the thoughts! Keep 'em coming!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
As for the cake you should be able to take a picture to the bakery and they should be able to put that on the cake!

jiminy.cricket

Original Poster
Oh yes; the cake! What shall I do? The picture idea sounds good...

As for her interests, I know she's a huge fan of Animal Kingdom, Mickey's NSS Halloween Party, and she's a DVC member at AKL. She also likes the Castle and princesses.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Search for a pic of the headless horseman and get that on the cake! I know some people on here had some GOOD headless horseman pics!

If not just get a pic of the tree of life or the entrace arc at animal kingdom...

Crazy4WDW1

How about downloading some park pics from Flikr or one of those sites to a CD that she can play on her PC at her desk? Park music is a definite as well!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Hahaha you can also make a list of how many and where and put some hidden Mickeys around her desk and stuff and see how long it takes to find them all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom