Birthday Badges...worth it?

Cmdr_Crimson

They were better a few years ago when they were themed to the park you got them from...Here's my set..Sadly they gave you the MK button at DHS.
Bdaybuttons.jpg

slappy magoo

Look, let's be clear - getting a celebration button doesn't guarantee you ANYTHING. You might get some greetings. You might get some treats or freebies. You might get nothing. Probably not nothing, but I'd hate for people to give an impression that certain things WILL happen, in case they don't.

It won't hurt to get one. Unless you put it on wrong. Have a great time.

gostone23

I had a blast when we went for my birthday. I wore the button and had CM's singing to me all day. Got a free FP to any ride in HS. It was awesome!

Highly recommend it to anyone having a birthday.

-Robert

WildcatDen

Got one for my daughter for our November trip a few years back. At the AK, she was chosen to "Open the Park" in addition to getting some extra treats at some of the dining locations. She was fine with the extra attention

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh, just minor shock that you would offer to show off your "set". Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, before it became a generic button after the "Celebrate Today" Promotion not many would think it was something to get a birthday button and the parks had these special made one's for their parks..After that everyone was celebrating their birthday and now all you get is the bland button..So it's a good collection piece that I'm sure I'll never see again..

WildcatDen

Well, before it became a generic button after the "Celebrate Today" Promotion not many would think it was something to get a birthday button and the parks had these special made one's for their parks..After that everyone was celebrating their birthday and now all you get is the bland button..So it's a good collection piece that I'm sure I'll never see again..
No doubt it is a sweet collection piece. Something I am sure many would envy. I was going another direction on your "set'" based on your Avatar. Think of it as a Beavis and Butthead moment. . . Of course, now knowing you are a guy kind of makes the whole thing rather odd. No one wants to see your twig and berries, well maybe not no one, but the vast majority. . . So, birthday buttons - yup, I think they are worth it. . .

Cmdr_Crimson

No doubt it is a sweet collection piece. Something I am sure many would envy. I was going another direction on your "set'" based on your Avatar. Think of it as a Beavis and Butthead moment. . . Of course, now knowing you are a guy kind of makes the whole thing rather odd. No one wants to see your twig and berries, well maybe not no one, but the vast majority. . . So, birthday buttons - yup, I think they are worth it. . .

Sadly as they redid this site it cut's off either ends of the avatar...Mine are the Hottie hot hot hot hostess's of Top 7 Must see at Walt Disney World Kryssa Mooney far Left and Stacy Aswad far right and the Happiest Celebration on earth Vacation Planning DVD host Erin Cahill (She was also the Pink Time Force Ranger) in the Middle...Hence I call it my Triple Babe Whammy..You click on my Avatar you can see the whole thing..

Last edited:

disney4life2008

I wore one of my bday last July after about 20 minutes I had been told Happy Birthday no less than 50 times, lol and that was just on my walk from guest services through the emporium

disney4life2008

Don't you think wearing it for an entire week is a little OTT?

Surely you wear it on your birthday only? I would feel uncomfortable wearing it even a day later.

I wore mines a few days after my bday during dinner at ohana. it does become exhaustive getting happy birthdays everywhere - VIP :)

mouse_luv

Don't you think wearing it for an entire week is a little OTT?

Surely you wear it on your birthday only? I would feel uncomfortable wearing it even a day later.

No, because in the very rare occasion that we ARE there for our birthday, we don't go in expecting anything, so what's the big deal of wearing a button and having fun?!

Figaro928

My hubby and I got Anniversary pins when we went. The first 2 days were non-stop congratulations from CM's. The third day hubby gave up wearing his. Rest of the trip, I only wore mine maybe half the day. it was daunting.

Same trip, my sister celebrated a birthday and at all the character meals, they gave her a card (and little cupcake or treat) The card was signed by all the characters at the meal. Darn right saved those! And darn right my daughter got cars in the mail for all the Disney characters she loves for her birthday! She liked those cards better than most of her gifts! So worth it!

Ariel1986

Can you pick up a badge in Downtown Disney Guest Relations? And do you need to add a celebration to ADR's to possibly get cards etc or just by wearing a badge?

Sarabi124

I wore a happy birthday button for the whole week and it was definitely worth it. We were the first ones allowed in AK and we got front row passes for FOTLK. WE also got free snacks and extra desserts at restaurants. But, I love being wished a happy birthday,so if you don't like the extra attention, then only wear it on your actual birthday. But I advise getting one; you never know what you may get.

Roo Bear

We might end up with all the badges when we go in October! It will have just been my 50th, the day after we arrive one of our party has a birthday, 6 days after that someone else has another birthday & we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this year too. Daughter & fiance are getting married next year & using this as their Disneymoon prior to the wedding!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom