Birthday Badges...worth it?

Mouse_Trap

No, because in the very rare occasion that we ARE there for our birthday, we don't go in expecting anything, so what's the big deal of wearing a button and having fun?!

I guess I would just feel like a fraud the whole time.

In a smaller way it's the behaviour that caused the GAC to be canned i.e. too many abusing the system. If they felt too many people were abusing the system to get free things or privileges who is to say they won't scrap the system, or at least require proof?

cw1982

In a smaller way it's the behaviour that caused the GAC to be canned i.e. too many abusing the system. If they felt too many people were abusing the system to get free things or privileges who is to say they won't scrap the system, or at least require proof?

I don't feel that this is the same issue, in all fairness.

People who were deliberately abusing GAC did so with the intention of getting treatment so special that it ultimately was hurting other guests. How is someone wearing a birthday button hurting anyone else, even if their birthday was a week ago? It's not like they are guaranteed anything in particular for wearing that button, unlike possession of the GAC that did, in fact, guarantee certain treatment at attractions.

Mouse_Trap

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming its anywhere near the same thing.

I just don't feel the need to try to draw attention claiming its a birthday/anniversary etc when it's not.
Going out for my birthday last year, we had to go a few days before the actual day and ended up in TGI Fridays....someone arrange the whole Fridays birthing thing, cake and all. I felt very uncomfortable as it wasn't my birthday.

I am sure many people wear it in the hope that they will get some freebies or special privileges though.

mouse_luv

Who said I was scamming the system?! My DBF wore his bday button for the heck of it all week we were there, and his bday happened to be mid week. AND WE DIDN'T ASK FOR OR EXPECT ANYTHING! :banghead:
And please don't try to compare it to the GAC and the reason it was put to an end. It's a totally different thing.
Good Lord, I'm the one of few people on here that stated I didn't expect anything, and I'm the one you have some vendetta against. Please take your negativity somewhere else. Go bother someone on this thread that's here to find out how to actually scam the system.:arghh:

PS. With MM+ they know everything about you now, ex: birthday. So congrats!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

cw1982

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming its anywhere near the same thing.

I just don't feel the need to try to draw attention claiming its a birthday/anniversary etc when it's not.
Going out for my birthday last year, we had to go a few days before the actual day and ended up in TGI Fridays....someone arrange the whole Fridays birthing thing, cake and all. I felt very uncomfortable as it wasn't my birthday.

I am sure many people wear it in the hope that they will get some freebies or special privileges though.

Um... that's what it's for, right? To be worn in hopes of some kind of special treatment?

The difference is grossly large from GAC though. With a GAC there was more than the hope of special treatment. It was pretty much a guarantee. I do understand what you meant, but the comparison is beyond a stretch imo.

I do plan to wear my anniversary button all week. I don't feel guilty, but I also don't expect anything to come of it. Hope for it? Sure... but expect? Definitely not.

HatboxGhost

Not a Happy Birthday button but along the same lines.....my wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary when we go and wear anniversary buttons and there were times that we ended up getting special things.........behind the scenes tours.....getting sung to in the Garden Grill by Patrick.....a discount when we purchased an anniversary ornament.....and of course a ton of nice people(not just cms) wishing us a happy anniversary. We NEVER look for it but if it happens it is a nice surprise.

bethymouse

The buttons are great! At restaurants, sometimes the CMs will sing happy birthday, or even bring out your dessert with a candle on it to celebrate! You never know what might happen.;)

nngrendel

My wife and I got engaged while there and wore Just Engaged Buttons. We got a private ride on PoTC. CM let us have our own boat and then let 2 empty boats go before and after ours. Also warned us that there were cameras all through the ride.;)
Was the best ride ever. No camera flashes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom