Birthday Badges...worth it?

Dpint43

Original Poster
Heading to Disney this Christmas season. We'll be there Nov28-Dec5.

During our trip we will celebrate my 30th birthday on Nov30 and my wife's 31st on Dec2.

Is it worth getting the birthday badges at the front desk of whichever park we go to those days? Is there anything we can expect if we get the badges? And should we each get one together on the day between our birthdays? We usually like to do something special the day between our birthdays. We don't want to take advantage either, but is it worth doing a couple times?

Also - we are not staying at a WDW Resort...are we still able to get badges? And am I correct in assuming we go to the front office (kiosk) to get them?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

belledream

They make a great souvenir! I turned mine into magnets and they are displayed on the fridge :) If you wear them around the park, Cast Members and Guests alike will often wish you a happy birthday, and some restaurants may even give you an extra little something. I wouldn't get one every day if that's what you meant by 'taking advantage. One for each of your birthdays sounds perfect. And you can just pick one up from Guest Relations in any of the theme parks.

cw1982

When DH and I go in June, we will be there just a few days after our anniversary. I definitely plan to get the anniversary button to wear during our trip, even if we just wear it on the first day or something. There's no guarantee of anything special for having a button, but it certainly doesn't hurt, and I think it'll be a fun way to add to the celebration.

mouse_luv

Get them at Guest relations at the first park you go to and wear them for your trip. Don't go in expecting anything though, wearing a birthday button doesn't guarantee you anything. At the least you will get wished Happy Birthday, which is always nice.

Obi

yes, make note of the birthdays on the reservations. all the sit-down restaurants we were at gave a little cupcake. couple of them gave a card signed by some of the characters. my fiance' and i got engaged at wdw. we wore our just engaged buttons. at wolfgang puck's place they gave us a special engagement dessert platter, for free. plus, every cm we passed, and some guests, wished us congrats on our engagement and a happy birthday to my fiance' during the week. it was one of the best weeks of her life, she said.

ZodIsGr8

You can get birthday buttons at any guest relations buildings at the parks. If you get one you can expect a 100 happy birthday wishes from cast members, which is great! My daughter was wearing hers and they allowed her to ride RnR back again as soon as we got off the ride. They said consider it a birthday present from your pals Mickey and Minnie! It's the small things that Disney still does that makes them great!

LostPrincessKarleigh

They make wonderful souvenirs! You can pick them up at the park entrances, in most of the shops, and at Town Hall in MK. On occasion, you can get little perks. For both my and DBF's birthdays we wore our Birthday pins and received: free dessert, special attention from CMs and Characters, and even a discount at the World of Disney Store! Plus, I got a birthday trading pin from a CM in MK. (It had Ariel on it and I think he just wanted a reason to get it off his lanyard. :rolleyes:)
Takes all of ten seconds to pick one up, so why not?

KLeigh

My DBF and I wore anniversary buttons for our Nov 2012 trip, in addition to all of the "happy anniversary" well wishes this is what we received from CMs during our stay:
- Free funnel cake from MGM/HS
- Free fast passes (sadly, this was still in the days of paper FP and probably won't happen again)
- Access to FLE during an invite only/CM only preview before it opened to guests for soft opening previews (There was a guy with a clipboard checking people's names off the guest list before they could gain access. Apparently my CM friend "put us on the list" ;);) according to the gatekeeper CM. I love my CM buddy, but highly doubt he did this for us.)

I know our experience is not the norm when wearing celebration buttons, but you never know what may happen in the World! These extra bits of magic made our vacation so memorable, we went for our anniversary in 2013 as well!

ToyStorygirl

I literally can't think of anything worse than having people keep wishing me a happy birthday. Hate attention like that.

If it's your thing though I've witnessed CM's getting entire lines singing happy birthday to someone with a badge (I say entire lines, there was a family of Brits shuffling their feet, gazing at the ground, looking awkward not joining in. Not sure who they were!) :/

I literally can't think of anything worse than having people keep wishing me a happy birthday. Hate attention like that.

Glad I'm not the only one. haha I got so much attention when I wore one on my bday a few years back at Disneyland. But now that I'm reading that you can get all these awesome perks then it may just be worth it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom