Biggest Regret at WDW Restaurant...

Simba's Mom

Biggest regret is letting the opinions of others, especially highly regarded podcasters, guide some of our decisions when booking dining for our last trip. I know better and normally do my own thing (unless reviews are consistently bad), but I foolishly let opinions guide some of our plans this time only to find out that their opinions are worthless.

That's one of our biggest regrets also. Because everyone, it seems, hates Nine Dragons, we didn't go there in over 30 trips to WDW. Finally, last year, we decided to try it. Found it was a very pleasant, and relatively inexpensive, dining experience. We will be back.

belledream

Good to know...we have an ADR there for lunch and thought that salad sounded too food to be true!
I’ve gotten it so many times and have NEVER been disappointed! The dressing, poached egg, and sear on the tuna is just a drool-worthy combo for me!

higgipoker

Not knowing what to expect from chef TJ at Trail's End and not being hungry enough to finish the seemingly endless stream of delicious food food he kept bringing out.

A regret we plan to rectify this year. :p

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Suppose my biggest regret is eating at Whispering Canyons. I suppose this is more on my responsibility then Disney not fully understanding what I was getting myself into.

John park hopper

Not being able to go to Victoria and Alberts. On our last visit we had reservations for V&A for our 40 anniversary; the day before my wife caught a stomach bug and at the last minute we had to cancel. Hope to go on our next trip in 2019 for our 42 anniversary

Sans Souci

Eating at Frontera Grill and ordering the the famed filet at Jiko.

At Frontera, I ordered Baja-style shrimp tacos and the batter they fried it in was simultaneously burnt and undercooked. Plus, they gave 4 tortillas for two diners. That's tight. I know you can ask for more and we did. I feel like more tortillas should be given from the start. Our sever brought the check over, placed it on the table and said, "You guys didn't want coffee or desert, did you?" Um, I guess not seeing you're chasing me out the door. I feel like the meals and the service were both desultory efforts.

At Jiko, I ordered my filet medium rare and I was struggling to cut it. Thinking I had a dull knife, I asked for a new one. It made no difference. It was kind of tough and I couldn't finish it.

You live and learn.

joejccva71

Jiko, The Boathouse, and Yachtsman Steakhouse were my biggest regrets.

Shula's, California Grill, and Flying Fish were the best ones for us.

aimeeg

chef mickeys for dinner. we love the brunch. decided to try dinner. within 10 minutes of sitting down we regretted making a reservation there. poor selection of food, not very good quality and at 50 dollars per person...I felt completely ripped off.

HwdStudio

Sanna is one of my favorite places to dine but I also had one of the worst dishes I have ever eaten there. I had the South African Braaivleis. I am a love meat but the sausage on the platter looked like a true life piece of intestine and the flavor was quite gamey. It almost ruined Sanna for me but alas I returned and had an incredible meal a few days later.

Raineman

Thinking that the food quality at Cinderella's Royal Table would be good, and then being convinced that the mashed potatoes were instant mashed potatoes-if I'm dropping 2 TS credits on a meal, I would expect the food quality to come close to matching the theming. Also, trying something at Tusker House that I thought was chicken, but turned out to be tofu. At least the sauce was good.

DE_DISNEY

Original Poster
Not being able to go to Victoria and Alberts. On our last visit we had reservations for V&A for our 40 anniversary; the day before my wife caught a stomach bug and at the last minute we had to cancel. Hope to go on our next trip in 2019 for our 42 anniversary

That is very unfortunate. Hope you have a chance to go to V & A on your next trip.

Last edited:

Barcoco

Booking a table service dinner at a different resort after a 9 hour flight.
We were staying at Port Orleans and dinner was at O'hana. The meal was excellent but we were both dead at the end of it and then had to face the monorail/bus trip back to the resort. I never book anything on the first night now.

HoneyBee1991

Spice Round Table - Food & Wine Fest 2016 - The single worst restaurant experience of my life. Every "cast-member" was rude from the hostesses to our waitress to the waiters at tables next to us. The experience still haunts me.

Very small portions for entrees which didn't really matter as it tasted terrible. We can't even say we picked the wrong dishes as we both love mediterranean & middle eastern food and being from Mid-Michigan we know what it should have tasted like.

It was also way overpriced. The only thing we got that we enjoyed where the hummus fries which was sad because with it being Food & Wine, we could have just got them from the kiosk.

I wouldn't just call it my worst WDW restaurant mistake, I would call it the worst restaurant mistake of my life. The reviews for it where good and every time I tell someone I hate it the reaction is always "What? No, it was so great when we went!" I guess I'm just the black sheep who doesn't see the appeal.

Last edited:

wwmmd

Spice Round Table - Food & Wine Fest 2016 - The single worst restaurant experience of my life. Every "cast-member" was rude from the hostesses to our waitress to the waiters at tables next to us. The experience still haunts me.

Very small portions for entrees which didn't really matter as it tasted terrible. We can't even say we picked the wrong dishes as we both love mediterranean & middle eastern food and being from Mid-Michigan we know what it should have tasted like.

It was also way overpriced. The only thing we got that we enjoyed where the hummus fries which was sad because with it being Food & Wine, we could have just got them from the kiosk.

I wouldn't just call it my worst WDW restaurant mistake, I would call it the worst restaurant mistake of life. The reviews for it where good and every time I tell someone I hate it the reaction is always "What? No, it was so great when we went!" I guess I'm just the black sheep who doesn't see the appeal.

Me too! Well, not anymore, but that's where I lived the first 30 years of my life. Lots of family still there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Mine and hubby's biggest regret so far out of all our Disney trips was Cinderella's Royal Table back in 2014 and during our honeymoon. What you pay for is not worth the meal or picture with Cinderella at all. You can get a picture with Belle and have a buffet for way less over at Akershus. Or any other character-themed meal for that matter. Food portions were so small and I'm talking where you are really not getting enough and still hungry at the end.

Our waitress had a bug up her butt and it showed during the meal. I remember thanking her when she refilled my drink and she looked at me with a scowl on her face and said, "Excuse me?" as if I had said something else and I repeated myself and she went "Oh"--still scowling and walked off. A family sitting near us were celebrating one of their kids' birthdays and had a cake to go with it. They had the same waitress and when she brought the cake out, I started noticing that she was really trying to hurry them up and get them out of there. When the table behind ours became empty and she and another server were busy prepping it for the next customers--I could even hear her complaining to the server that "that family needed to hurry up and finish". She continued being curt and rude to us for the rest of the meal. What was so weird was she started out at the beginning being nice to us, but something happened along the way that apparently made her mad--and that is no excuse. I've worked in retail for over 13 years and just because you're mad about something doesn't mean you get to take it out on the customers.

Finally when we were leaving (and this may be a little nitpicky) but when leaving, another server was coming our way in the opposite direction. He moved over for us to let us through, but yet he had a scowl on his face as well as he was doing it. Funny how practically everywhere else we've eaten, when something like that happens, the CM lets you through and has a smile on their face, which is what they're supposed to do and it is good customer service. But this person had that face like he just couldn't stand the fact that he had to move--and that's a clear sign someone doesn't like their job and is just going through the motions.

I really should have talked to a manager that night but we were so disgusted with the place we just wanted to get the heck out of there. And ever since then, I have been telling anybody I know, when they mention going to Disney World, not to got to that place at all. Mostly because of the rip-off price they're selling but also because of the bad service we had. That's my story. Most other places have been great to good to so-so. There's been a few others that were hit or miss, but not so bad that I had to relate, such as this one.
Every day of the week is named in honor of one of the Seven Dwarfs. You must have hit CRT on "Grumpy Day."

MinnieWaffles

Eating at Biergarten. Didn't like the food at all, nor eating with a bunch of strangers. The oompa band were good and it looked really cool inside, but eating wise it was dissappointing.

Frescodecacao

Glad I didnt let opinions sway me on Crystal Palace. I went in expecting Golden Corral, and it was a pleasantly surprising buffet. It was very good and glad we went because the kids enjoyed the characters. it was a win win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom