Biggest Regret at WDW Restaurant...

DE_DISNEY

Original Poster
What is your biggest regret at a WDW restaurant? It could be a place where you did not dine or were unable to dine or ordered the wrong entree rather than somewhere where you had poor service or food?

Interested to hear what others think. I can then provide my biggest regret.

Pixieish

Backlot Express in 2016. It was so busy and understaffed that it felt like a McDonald's at dinner time and the burgers and fries for a family of 4 that cost over $60 were basically supermarket brand frozen patties that were microwaved and cold by the time we got to actually eat them.

EDIT: I'm usually super forgiving of the restaurants at Disney. I realize that as guests, we tend to hold them to super-high standards and that when they're enormously busy it can be hard to reach that standard, but the above meal was just horrible on so many levels.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Breakfast at a table service it's just not worth the money IMHO, especially a character breakfast . At least for the food, it can be worth it for getting in a park before opening.

Dropping a hundred bucks plus for my kids to get toast and cereal is definitely a regret!
Ha my kids are the opposite. They stack their plates so full of bacon, sausage and Mickey waffles it's worth the money not to have to do it at home for a while. They're gf so I feel rather sorry for the kitchen staff. BTW teen boys

Figgy1

Premium Member
The one regret is not eating at LH before having to go gf. Their chips aren't so we may not get to eat there until they are:(

LAinSFLA

We spent thanksgiving at the parks one year and went back to POR for dinner. We were at AK that day, so it was an early night. We all went back and got thanksgiving dinner from the quick service. It was really good and a ton of food. My/our regret was two people could have split it! We tossed so much food just because it was too much. In our family no food goes to waste, but that day was just way too much. Now we regularly split the turkey dinner and sometimes breakfast because it is just too much. Love both meals, but for the price and size, two adults could split it and be satisfied and then go have a beer with Lee at Muddy Waters.

belledream

I always regret not getting the Tuna Nicoise Salad at Be Our Guest lunch in favor of trying that dang Pot Roast. Every time I give it a chance, it’s so fatty and surprisingly flavorless that I spend the next year pining for my salad, which is like a drug to me.

JIMINYCR

Having poor meals at both the Brown Derby and Le Cellier. Both restaurants are highly rated and everyone tells me how great their dining experiences have been at both places. But because my meals were poor and I couldnt get my CM server to fix the issues at either place (and I'm not a fussy diner that ordinarily complains) the experience were so disappointing, I'm leery of spending my hard earned money on return visits to either restaurant.

Pixieish

Breakfast at a table service it's just not worth the money IMHO, especially a character breakfast . At least for the food, it can be worth it for getting in a park before opening.

Dropping a hundred bucks plus for my kids to get toast and cereal is definitely a regret!

See we looooove the breakfast buffets. My husband and sons are all picky eaters while I'm of the "eat anything put in front of me" variety. At any kind of buffet, we all are able to find something we'll enjoy and we're all plenty full when we're done. I find that my husband is more willing to try different foods at a buffet, too, because he's guaranteed that if he doesn't like something, he knows there's still things he likes. (Honestly, the man has the tastebuds of a 12-year-old kid.)

Mickey5150

My biggest regret was sharing my Kilimanjaro Cake at Jiko's with my mom. It was such an incredible lava cake and my mom downed a fair amount. I was anxiously awaiting getting it the next year when we were there but alas it was gone. It is forever a running joke in my family about just how much my mom ate and how I have to keep my desserts away from her, lol.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Dinner at the now defunct Futons at Disney Springs, twice. And the 2nd time was worse than the first, shame on me. And a waiter who screwed up our orders each time. Dang, it's fried shrimp, how hard can that be?

Weather_Lady

My biggest general regret was letting a couple of picky eaters make all the ADRs during a 2005 3-generation family trip. They picked the most boring possible choices (nothing international, nothing too "themed," nothing with characters or live entertainment). The worst specific regret was that one of those meals was at Hollywood & Vine... the food was so bad that we left hungry!

Last edited:

Pixieish

My biggest general regret was letting a couple of picky eaters make all the ADRs during a 2005 3-generation family trip. They picked the most boring possible choices. The worst specific regret was that one of those meals was at Hollywood & Vine... the food was so bad that we left hungry!

My family (hubby and 2 sons) are HORRENDOUSLY picky. Any kind of buffet is my best friend at WDW.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My biggest general regret was letting a couple of picky eaters make all the ADRs during a 2005 3-generation family trip. They picked the most boring possible choices. The worst specific regret was that one of those meals was at Hollywood & Vine... the food was so bad that we left hungry!

I'm in agreement about H&V. Most of the Disney buffets aren't that great...but that one was the bottom of the barrel.

Megbutnotmegan

Diamond Horseshoe. So gross. I didn’t like a single thing I tried there. The entire family agreed it was the worst meal we’ve ever had in WDW.

Bartledvd

Sci-fi dine in what a waste of money was our first WDW visit should have done more research did not relise the film would just be a series of 2 minute long adverts did not take long to see whole thing and the food was awfull cold and my steak which they tried multiple times to get it rare and failed was medium well at best tasted burnt and several mistakes with the rest of our party but i know many people love it so maybe it was just an off day

CLEtoWDW

Sci-fi dine in what a waste of money was our first WDW visit should have done more research did not relise the film would just be a series of 2 minute long adverts did not take long to see whole thing and the food was awfull cold and my steak which they tried multiple times to get it rare and failed was medium well at best tasted burnt and several mistakes with the rest of our party but i know many people love it so maybe it was just an off day

Totally agree with Sci-Fi. For many years it was a family tradition to eat there and we loved it. But all of a sudden the quality of the food went downhill quickly. I understand if sometimes a dish comes out poorly but when the entire party has a poor meal then you know it's the restaurant. We have replaced it with 50's which never disappoints.

On the regret side I still regret not eating at Alfredo's in Italy at least once more before it closed. That's still my favorite restaurant on Disney property and it was a massive mistake for Disney to close it. I've since eaten at the restaurant that replaced Afredo's and it reminds me of an Olive Garden. Blah!

Minnesota disney fan

Ours was at Coral Reef. We had eaten there before the dining plans, and it was always quiet, good food, and excellent service. It was an intimate atmosphere for higher end meals at that time (early 80's).
Then we went after the fdp was started, and it was crowded, very loud, with ok food. I felt sorry for the waiters as they had to shout loudly to be heard over the noise level. Honestly, that place was not meant for loud rowdy groups. The waiter said he always had a headache before his shift ended. Haven't been back since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom