Biggest Regret at WDW Restaurant...

bback30

Dinner at Akershus. It was terrible. The entire restaurant smelled like raw fish. The food wasn't very good. $180 bill to round it out. Won't be returning.

Simba's Mom

The most recent regret I have is ordering the wrong entree at Jiko. I had the halibut, which was so dry and tasted like a frozen fish filet. Meanwhile DH had the filet, which he raved about. Should have had that!
My two other regrets are Boatrights and Cinderella's Royal Table, both regarding meals that no longer exist. I went to Boatright's for breakfast about 18 years ago, and had terrible service so I vowed not to go back. Several years later, I decided to give it another try and loved it. Sadly, this was just before the breakfast there was discontinued. So my biggest regret there is waiting so long to give it a second try. At Cinderella's Royal Table, I used to love eating there for lunch before they had characters. And I always ordered the same thing-the chicken caesar salad. The last time there I knew they were about to switch over, so I was looking forward to my last meal of chicken caesar salad. But I was with Mom, who wanted to share and I let her choose the entree-she didn't choose the chicken caesar salad. So I regret not having the salad I wanted, but I know I'll get my reward in Heaven for that one!:)

Amos1784

My biggest dining regret was taking to so long to find out and enjoy Trails End. Both breakfast and dinner, reasonably priced and we have always found the buffet is not TOO large so items are cycled through pretty quick and kept fresh.

As for meals I would not return for Nine Dragons is top of my list, the food wasn't bad, however it is just standard Chinese food that was no different then I can get at home at about double the price. We also had a very unimpressive meal at Flying Fish, everything was so bland and both my husband and I did not enjoy our meals, however we might have to give this one another chance as everyone raves about it.

Weather_Lady

I'd like to add a generalized dining regret: not asking politely for a different table on three or four occasions when we were led to a really undesirable one. Of the small handful of regrettable Disney meals we've had, poor food was only a factor in one or two: the rest were marred solely by poor table locations (e.g., so far from the tank at Coral Reef it might as well not have been there, sandwiched between a noisy open kitchen and public bathrooms/walkway at 'Ohana, plagued by the constant sound of flushing toilets and clattering pans). Working up the courage to ask for a different table is a skill I'm still struggling to learn.

ELeigh

Mine would be not doing more research before my first trip. I based my plans solely on google search for "Best WDW Restaurants". I ended up with more than 1/2 of the TS restaurants tanking (Hollywood and Vine *Cringe*, Crystal Palace *Double Cringe* and a forgettable meal at the Italian place in DD before the springs overhaul). Luckily we still made good choices with 'Ohana, Askershus, and The Wave that converted me into a Disney food fanatic and I've since been able to get much better information to plan my dining on (Last trip with 4 adults everyone enjoyed every single meal and complimented me on excellent choices)

Hockey89

Dinner at Akershus. It was terrible. The entire restaurant smelled like raw fish. The food wasn't very good. $180 bill to round it out. Won't be returning.
The fish shouldn't smell like anything if it is fresh.... If it smells like death, there is a serious problem.... Sushi is amazing...

dieboy

The china table service. Wow, it was like a bad version of leann chins (and three times the cost). Just appalled that a table service could be so bad.

The fact I should check if my deserts im' looking for have been discontinued. Which happens allot lately, and we visit a few times a year. Always disappointed a few times at least.

Hmmm .. Oh yea, and Peco's Bill charges for sides of guac now. :\ If you order a meal that would normally have guac, just put it on the meal and include it in the price of the meal!

Crazydisneygirl

We ate
Sci-fi dine in what a waste of money was our first WDW visit should have done more research did not relise the film would just be a series of 2 minute long adverts did not take long to see whole thing and the food was awfull cold and my steak which they tried multiple times to get it rare and failed was medium well at best tasted burnt and several mistakes with the rest of our party but i know many people love it so maybe it was just an off day
We ate there on our last trip. Steak was soo rare it was almost still moving for both mine and husband - we asked for medium rare. They took them back and they came back perfect. Manager came over to apologize. Not necessary as it happens but was appreciated. He gave us our milkshakes free.

What is your biggest regret at a WDW restaurant? It could be a place where you did not dine or were unable to dine or ordered the wrong entree rather than somewhere where you had poor service or food?

Interested to hear what others think. I can then provide my biggest regret.

Biggest disappointment was The Brown Derby with its being a Signature restaurant - was not worth it. Both food and service were mediocre at best. Another place I wonder about is Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. When my family of four dined there last June, one of the servers told us that it was rarely busy. Later, when we were enjoying a drink at the Abracadabra Bar next door, someone mentioned that brining in a character meal experience was one of Disney's methods of boosting reservations. Made it sound like it was the kiss of death for Trattoria. Besides all of that, we weren't impressed with the menu,, nor the food. Service was great, though.

HouCuseChickie

Biggest regret is letting the opinions of others, especially highly regarded podcasters, guide some of our decisions when booking dining for our last trip. I know better and normally do my own thing (unless reviews are consistently bad), but I foolishly let opinions guide some of our plans this time only to find out that their opinions are worthless.

awheartsdw

My biggest regret has not been the food, nor the atmosphere, nor a table location, but rather not speaking up after I learned about an incident from my husband and I still think about it whenever we walk by the restaurant.

We were having dinner at Biergarten several years ago, it was the 3 of us in my family at the table and another family, I don't remember how many people they were with, but regardless. I had taken my daughter (she was probably about 8 at the time-she's 15 now) to get dessert and my husband stayed at the table until we got back and the father of "the clan" was talking to my husband. The father stopped talking upon our return and the three of us continued to eat. We finished our meal without incident, the other family said goodbye, and we were on our way.

As we made our way out of the Germany pavilion and continued to walk the Showcase, my husband said that the father of "the clan" made remarks about the diners in the restaurant, specifically those of whom of a specific religion, of which said faith we were born into. My husband paraphrased what this person said and I was furious. My husband did not want to make a scene nor raise his voice in front of the other diners, nor the children that were at the table, and he ignored the remark and offered no response or acknowledgement of what this person said. I respected his decision as my husband and I are firm believers that there is a time and a place for everything, and in this instance, it was neither the time nor the place for a heated, angry response. That said, it took every ounce of control for me to not storm back to the restaurant and give him a piece of my mind and call out his bigotry. I realized that it would have been self-serving, as in all likelihood, when you speak like and have those viewpoints of others, that those of whom shared the table in his family likely knew of the type of person he really was. I'm sure the ignorant perspective was passed along to his offspring, though I'd like to remain hopeful that it was not, but hate and prejudice are learned. I do regret not returning to the table and whispering in his ear that he just shared his meal with people of that religious persuasion and would have laughed as he choked on his Schnitzel.

GoofZ

Eating at San Angel Restaurante when there are many better options for this type of food at WDW (Shoutout to Frontera Cocina, La Cantina de San Angel and even Pecos Bill's).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Waiting in line for coffee at any of the park Starbucks locations. There is better coffee (Joffery's to name one) available without the hype or lines at multiple locations.

Hockey89

My biggest regret has not been the food, nor the atmosphere, nor a table location, but rather not speaking up after I learned about an incident from my husband and I still think about it whenever we walk by the restaurant.

We were having dinner at Biergarten several years ago, it was the 3 of us in my family at the table and another family, I don't remember how many people they were with, but regardless. I had taken my daughter (she was probably about 8 at the time-she's 15 now) to get dessert and my husband stayed at the table until we got back and the father of "the clan" was talking to my husband. The father stopped talking upon our return and the three of us continued to eat. We finished our meal without incident, the other family said goodbye, and we were on our way.

As we made our way out of the Germany pavilion and continued to walk the Showcase, my husband said that the father of "the clan" made remarks about the diners in the restaurant, specifically those of whom of a specific religion, of which said faith we were born into. My husband paraphrased what this person said and I was furious. My husband did not want to make a scene nor raise his voice in front of the other diners, nor the children that were at the table, and he ignored the remark and offered no response or acknowledgement of what this person said. I respected his decision as my husband and I are firm believers that there is a time and a place for everything, and in this instance, it was neither the time nor the place for a heated, angry response. That said, it took every ounce of control for me to not storm back to the restaurant and give him a piece of my mind and call out his bigotry. I realized that it would have been self-serving, as in all likelihood, when you speak like and have those viewpoints of others, that those of whom shared the table in his family likely knew of the type of person he really was. I'm sure the ignorant perspective was passed along to his offspring, though I'd like to remain hopeful that it was not, but hate and prejudice are learned. I do regret not returning to the table and whispering in his ear that he just shared his meal with people of that religious persuasion and would have laughed as he choked on his Schnitzel.
There are good people to talk to about anger issues and wishing death...

ELG13

I always regret not getting the Tuna Nicoise Salad at Be Our Guest lunch in favor of trying that dang Pot Roast. Every time I give it a chance, it’s so fatty and surprisingly flavorless that I spend the next year pining for my salad, which is like a drug to me.
Good to know...we have an ADR there for lunch and thought that salad sounded too food to be true!

ELG13

Waiting in line for coffee at any of the park Starbucks locations. There is better coffee (Joffery's to name one) available without the hype or lines at multiple locations.
Mine is the opposite lol...I always want to take that cliche picture walking down main Street with my Starbucks and never want to wait in line 😁. Not my biggest regret...but one that I always say "dang it!" about when we head home.

ELG13

My biggest dining regret was taking to so long to find out and enjoy Trails End. Both breakfast and dinner, reasonably priced and we have always found the buffet is not TOO large so items are cycled through pretty quick and kept fresh.

As for meals I would not return for Nine Dragons is top of my list, the food wasn't bad, however it is just standard Chinese food that was no different then I can get at home at about double the price. We also had a very unimpressive meal at Flying Fish, everything was so bland and both my husband and I did not enjoy our meals, however we might have to give this one another chance as everyone raves about it.
We grabbed trails end Togo on our last night at the cabins...just wanted something quick and easy. Drank a beer by the water while we waited and we were so surprised by how good it was!! We wished we would have eaten there sooner!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom