Biggest Regret at WDW Restaurant...

Pixieish

Totally agree with Sci-Fi. For many years it was a family tradition to eat there and we loved it. But all of a sudden the quality of the food went downhill quickly. I understand if sometimes a dish comes out poorly but when the entire party has a poor meal then you know it's the restaurant. We have replaced it with 50's which never disappoints.

On the regret side I still regret not eating at Alfredo's in Italy at least once more before it closed. That's still my favorite restaurant on Disney property and it was a massive mistake for Disney to close it. I've since eaten at the restaurant that replaced Afredo's and it reminds me of an Olive Garden. Blah!

Honestly, I've seen such polar opposite reviews of sci-fi that I bet it depends on who is cooking. We enjoyed it, but I personally know many people who have had both good and bad experiences.

Minnesota disney fan

Honestly, I've seen such polar opposite reviews of sci-fi that I bet it depends on who is cooking. We enjoyed it, but I personally know many people who have had both good and bad experiences.

We always eat at Sci Fi when we go to WDW, at least 8 or 10 times. We have never had a bad meal there. I don't know if we are just lucky or? We also love the cheesy movies and the milkshakes and burgers. But we aren't "foodies" and it has always been fine for us.

Pixieish

We always eat at Sci Fi when we go to WDW, at least 8 or 10 times. We have never had a bad meal there. I don't know if we are just lucky or? We also love the cheesy movies and the milkshakes and burgers. But we aren't "foodies" and it has always been fine for us.

I don't consider myself a "foodie" per se, but I'll eat just about anything and enjoy it as long as it's prepared correctly - ie: not undercooked or burned. My family, on the other hand...they're so picky that most of our dining has to be buffets or we end up eating the same thing for every meal and I miss out in a big way.

eliza61nyc

Cinderella's royal table.
Maybe because it's always so over hyped or maybe because I have all boys who are really not into Cinderella or maybe it was because I really hate the line "you don't go there for the food, you go for the characters". this was truly one of the biggest waste of money we ever spent on food.
we went for breakfast and it was terrible and I don't understand what having characters at a meal has to do with the quality of the food? Is the fairy godmother a short order cook before she comes out?

Pixieish

Cinderella's royal table.
Maybe because it's always so over hyped or maybe because I have all boys who are really not into Cinderella or maybe it was because I really hate the line "you don't go there for the food, you go for the characters". this was truly one of the biggest waste of money we ever spent on food.
we went for breakfast and it was terrible and I don't understand what having characters at a meal has to do with the quality of the food? Is the fairy godmother a short order cook before she comes out?

We honeymooned at Disney and had dinner there before the name change and princesses...it was amazing. They should have left it the way it was.

jimbojones

I am definitely a foodie, I love almost any variety of food you can imagine and I'd rather be a little hungry than eat crappy food, and I really like sci-fi but its been almost three years since I have eaten there so maybe the food quality has declined?

That said, if you live in or near a city none of the food at WDW is particularly amazing. I know it was a big deal when WDW opened to have decent dining in central Florida but I think much of the food reputation of WDW is a legacy of that and not a comparison to dining options in urban areas.

zurgandfriend

I regret a meal at Hollywood & Vine. Cold food coupled with rude people.

I regret a waiter we had at Artist Point, honestly the only bad service I can remember at WDW. The next night however we ate at Yachtsman and had excellent service.

I regret the family gathering meal we had at Whispering Canyon Cafe where my mother in law took a zip lock bag from her purse to take something back to her room for later.

I regret being too lazy to haul a suit down to WDW every visit so that we can go to V&A

Jedi Stitch

My regret. Not being able to get a cindy reservation while my daughter was still young enough to be magical. By the time we go back she will probably be 18 or more. I regret in only getting ADRs during the parades and firework shows. Not a regret but wish that when we went my wife had her gastric surgery, so having a DDP for her seamed like a waste. Wish they had Nibbler Plan.

LowesChevy

Having poor meals at both the Brown Derby and Le Cellier. Both restaurants are highly rated and everyone tells me how great their dining experiences have been at both places. But because my meals were poor and I couldnt get my CM server to fix the issues at either place (and I'm not a fussy diner that ordinarily complains) the experience were so disappointing, I'm leery of spending my hard earned money on return visits to either restaurant.

I totally get it. We have had some less than spectacular meals at Signatures as well. In particular Yachtsman Steakhouse, which we tried again this past trip and the steak was totally tasteless and bland and the side dish was so salty I couldn't wrap my head around it. Never going back there or to Narcoossees, since we never had a solid combination of great food and great service, one is always off.

JIMINYCR

I totally get it. We have had some less than spectacular meals at Signatures as well. In particular Yachtsman Steakhouse, which we tried again this past trip and the steak was totally tasteless and bland and the side dish was so salty I couldn't wrap my head around it. Never going back there or to Narcoossees, since we never had a solid combination of great food and great service, one is always off.

Its really disappointing when you book the ADR's by being very selective, going by the reviews and have a less than decent meal. Yachtsman was another dining choice we were less than thrilled with because of a bad quality steak as well.

Plowboy

Cinderella's Royal Table back in the 90's was totally forgettable. Also went to Tony's and it tasted like Chef Boyardee.

disneyfirstLJ

On our first trip eating at Columbia Harbor House and ordering a lobster roll. Since I live in New England, I should have known better. It was just a roll filled with mayo and what looked like lobster but didn't taste like it as it just tasted like mayo. In my opinion it was one of the worst things I have ever tried to eat. I took one bite, spit it out and threw it away. It was a waste of time and money.

Schneewittchen

Biggest regret - trying to get breakfast at 8 am from Contempo Cafe before heading over to Epcot during Easter week.

Literal bat-winged flying monkeys. Long lines. No free tables. Long wait for food. Trash everywhere. Ungodly noise. Wasted more than an hour there. The food was fine, but we would have been better off going to the Trail's End buffet or grabbing a quick pastry and coffee at Epcot. Lesson learned.

Pixieish

On our first trip eating at Columbia Harbor House and ordering a lobster roll. Since I live in New England, I should have known better. It was just a roll filled with mayo and what looked like lobster but didn't taste like it as it just tasted like mayo. In my opinion it was one of the worst things I have ever tried to eat. I took one bite, spit it out and threw it away. It was a waste of time and money.
I've almost been tempted by that a couple of times...I'm in MA.

AlfredE

My regret is the Liberty Tree Tavern dinner.. Food was good but just way too much for a party of 2.
Felt so guilty with the amount of food that was wasted.

juniorthomas

Took a quick trip with my DD6 and tried to walk in to Be Our Guest. The CM at the front said there was no room and that I should try to come back at 2:30p to see if I could get a walk-in. Showed up at 2:30p and was promptly told that Be Our Guest was closed until 4:00p. The first CM told me to come back specifically when Be Our Guest was closed. I was less than pleased.

JIMINYCR

Living in Maine and having connections.... we get fresh lobsters right off the boat. We laugh whenever we see lobsters featured on menus anyplace else. Never going to taste the same, no way near as good as "real" lobsters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom