Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

Disstevefan1

Especially with a re-track, there would be a considerable lead time to get the parts fabricated before they were ready for install.
BadFeeling.png

Gusey

Moth

Lightning Lane Multipass Tier 1 attractions for Magic Kingdom are:
It seems they can't start this Retrack until Jungle Cruise comes back from refurb unless they want only 3 attractions in tier 1
Sounds like they should take another coaster off of VQ to balance it out...

Sneakman

Lightning Lane Multipass Tier 1 attractions for Magic Kingdom are:
It seems they can't start this Retrack until Jungle Cruise comes back from refurb unless they want only 3 attractions in tier 1
Attractions actually getting refurbs warms my heart. Ik people are complaining about closed attractions, but if you don’t like a genuine Tokyo style refurb calendar, why did you ask for it?

Brer Oswald

Attractions actually getting refurbs warms my heart. Ik people are complaining about closed attractions, but if you don’t like a genuine Tokyo style refurb calendar, why did you ask for it?
I think it goes to show how desperately these parks (even MK) need additional capacity. Tokyo can afford to have two or three headliners down because there are so many offerings. You do the same here (especially with LL+ tiers) and it cripples the park.

tinkerblonde11

Closing in July or early August - oh the pain! My trip is in September... maybe they'll hold off a little (wishful thinking).

I'm very glad it will be getting some TLC though. Man, I miss those shaking rocks that worked when I was a kid.

zipadee999

This probably should be in the Imagineering section, but I’ve always hoped they’d surprise us and bring back the Rainbow Caverns. What a fun surprise it would be to have a new path created by dynamite, taking a hard left into a new show building, exploring the caverns, and returning to Tumbleweed and the current ride finale.
This could even be a slow dark section after the finale that serves as an extended brake run. Disneyland has Rainbow Ridge, Paris has the tunnel beneath the river, and WDW has nothing. They could even just enclose the current stretch of track leading back to the station after the brakes and install two or three of the more famous Rainbow Caverns water features.

Do we know if the track replacement will necessarily be a massive, one-time undertaking? I wonder if they wanted to minimize downtime they could slightly extend Big Thunder’s annual refurbishments and replace a portion of the layout every year for three or four years until eventually the entire layout has been replaced.

ddisneyd

What’s the current rumoured timeline?
August/September 2024 for 12 months? Or less?
Surely they would want it open again by Summer 2025?

DisneyRoy

What’s the current rumoured timeline?
August/September 2024 for 12 months? Or less?
Surely they would want it open again by Summer 2025?
I don’t know. Can they retrack the whole coaster with a mountain around it in 12 months? Seems fast to me.

IanDLBZF

This could even be a slow dark section after the finale that serves as an extended brake run. Disneyland has Rainbow Ridge, Paris has the tunnel beneath the river, and WDW has nothing. They could even just enclose the current stretch of track leading back to the station after the brakes and install two or three of the more famous Rainbow Caverns water features.

Do we know if the track replacement will necessarily be a massive, one-time undertaking? I wonder if they wanted to minimize downtime they could slightly extend Big Thunder’s annual refurbishments and replace a portion of the layout every year for three or four years until eventually the entire layout has been replaced.
Something tells me we're getting the Explosive Finale after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom