Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

Delta-7

Meanwhile That Park Place makes a big deal about it going down for such a long time and taking capacity away from the park instead of what the final product will look like, while conspiracy theorizing that “it’ll make people go to TBA in the meantime.” Regardless, very excited for Big Thunder at my home Disney park to be getting the refurb it deserves.
Collaborating on retrack happening soon. But yall probably didn't need my word LOL.

I am gonna say I heard the explosion effect is coming to Florida....
Will it be the same projection mapping effect as in the other versions or will it be as Brayden described it?

lazyboy97o

Interesting that the permit expires 8/8/25. 11 months seems a bit quick to me.
Not really. Look at the months of testing that occurs with a new coaster. All of that will have to be done. A lot of work on new ride and show control systems will also have to be done after the new track is installed.

If the footings are good it could be a nuts and bolts job to replace the track
A track replacement is by nature just that.

ToTBellHop

That permit is just for track work though, isn't it? It doesn't necessarily encompass other elements that might be addressed. Like repairs or updates to surrounding scenery, repainting and potential new effects.
They would do that work concurrently with the track. They don’t want to needlessly draw this out.

8/8/25 is oddly specific and not just a default date.

lazyboy97o

They would do that work concurrently with the track. They don’t want to needlessly draw this out.

You don’t want to do scenic work that might get damaged and have to be redone. You absolutely cannot set up triggered show action equipment without the track being fully installed and the vehicles able to run it.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Maybe Disney knows they gotta speed up the construction. Gives me hope for Test Track and TA.
I’m very excited for Test Track. It has all the makings to become a true modern classic.
Moth says above that’s in the mix supposedly
I mean, you’d assume they’d update multiple aspects of the attraction given the downtime.

MerlinTheGoat

When a coaster is being constructed from scratch, pylons and track are the first thing built. And they do test runs before the scenery goes in as well while all of the track structure is easiest to access in case there are any issues that are discovered and need fixing. Then they cover it with scenery afterwards.

While this isn't a from-scratch build of course, they will still no doubt need to tear out quite a bit of the scenery along the track and support structures to be able to gain access to these areas to remove/replace things. This scenery will need to be filled back in and rethemed afterwards. I would think they would probably finish the entire track replacement first AND do test runs before they fill in the areas they tore out though. Ensuring everything is structurally sound and that if there ARE any unanticipated issues, that the infrastructure remains easily accessible for further repair work.

They also wouldn't want to do much scenery work too close to these areas that have the possibility of something getting damaged. It's possible however that they could work on scenery repair in areas that aren't directly or closely connected to the track work.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom