Big Meaty Fun Trip Report !

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hi Gang I am back....Having so much fun...really is alot of work...lol, but would I do it again?...you betcha!

Day 1 Wednesday Night Sept 18th

Left the car at the long term econo parking lot at Midway, took the shuttle to the airport...flew on ATA to Orlando. Went down to the baggage claim...and our fine sponsor YourRide.net was there waiting with a sign with my name on it. Waited at the baggage carousel to get all our stuff. Rabbit from Yourride was Great! He helped us with our very heavy luggage outside, then I grabbed a smoke...while he went to go get the car. 10min later...a huge fully loaded Ford Excursion pulled up...and he put our luggage in the back...what a nice guy! This service rocked! Rabbit is a great guy...and a cool sponsor of this very site...I suggest you guys use YourRide.net...I am very pleased and will use them again in the future!

Arriving at Port Orleans-French Quarter....
There was no line to check in....they gave us our room number...but made a mistake...when we got to the room...it was a no-smoking room....so we went back to the front desk..and they reassigned us to a smoking room in Building 2. I was in room 2315 (third floor) looking over a very nice courtyard...landscaping was flawless...and the huge foutain was lovely. Building 2 was great...everything was soooo close ...to the pool...boat docks... food court...just a great location centraly located. We then headed to the boat docks...and headed for Downtown Disney! We looked around a bit...I spent alot of time in the Art of Disney and Christmas store...my 2 new favorite stores! I was tired...and we had a early PS at the Kona Cafe in the Poly the next Morning...so we headed back.... unpacked..... setup the wakeup call.... Watched the Disney Resort Channels...and went to bed.

Day 2....coming up soon!

DMC-12

Original Poster
Day 5 Sept 22nd Sunday Animal Kingdon

Got to AK a bit after it opened...lovely park...and I got thru it pretty fast...

Headed over to DinaShore;)...and walked right one....love this ride...bumpy as hell...but I laughed my butt off :)

Went over and did PrimeEvil Whirl ....this was fun....no wait...walked on.... quick note here....I wish they would put some trees and or something for shade in this area...with the black top absorbing the heat....it gets rather hot in this part of the park....

Its Tough to be a bug was next...it was great just getting into the Air Conditioned tree...lol....the things that poke you in the back and butt were a nice touch....lol

Headed over to Africa...got a Churro and water to re-hydrate....love the safari....walked onto this one to.
Then did the trail at the end...

Walked over to Asia...did the raft ride....GOT SOAKED!....went and bought my bamboo wind chimes....and decided it was time to go back to the resort, get some rest, shower..and head over to MGM to catch fantasmic......

After my little break at the resort...headed to MGM...did the Animation tour.... Treasure Planet is done....and in the final touches in Post Production for the Thanksgiving Release.... and got to see alot of stuff for the 2004 release of "Bears"....

I was running late....did not get out of the animation tour till 7:15 and Fantasmic starts at 8pm :eek: I'll never get a seat now!....

Got to the stadium....and there were plenty of seats...got a great seat to the left/center facing the action...nice!..... Loved the floats... and the sparks shooting out of Mickeys finger tips...but One bad thing.... as the show was just about over... a really rude lady kneed me in my back as she was trying to make her early escape...it really hurt...and she knew she did it cause she looked at me.....but no sorry or anything from her....Grrrrr how rude:mad:

Next Up.... Day 6...MK...Epcot and MGM to catch some things I missed and wanted to see again....:)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Wonderful report! :sohappy:

Thank you so much for all of the great pics...especially the ones of Port Orleans - they made my heart absolutely ACHE with homesickness!

I am very greatful for all of the amazing memories that your photos brought back....Thank you for sharing! :)

Oh, and that monorail poster you bought is fabulous!!

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Day 6 and 7 Final days...Monday Sept 23rd -- MK, Epcot, and MGM!

Since the Haunted mansion was still down for rehab on Saturday...I went first thing Monday morning....it opened at 11am... and was one of the first people in to ride it.....loved it...no real noticeable differences after the rehab here.

Then I walked around the MK...took some more pics of the castle and other stuff..... Headed for the front gate....and stopped at Main Street gallery to purchase my monorail poster....

Headed for the monorail station...and since everyone was still heading into the MK...no one was leaving....We were the only ones there....so I asked the CM if we could sit up front....he said yes.

Monorail Gold pulled into the station..and we went in the front...it started to rain....but I was happy......this was a fun trip to the TTC. Got off at the TTC and transferred to the Epcot monorail.

Arrived at Epcot... walked onto SSE again love the final scene of the future city..and the blinking fiber optics...
Then over to Mouse Gear to get some last min gifts.....then...over across the way to Ice Station Cool...Beverly made me almost throw up :hurl: ...but I loved Smart Watermelon! Its like a jolly rancher in drink form...I wish we had it here in the US:slurp:

Journeyed over to JIYI...rode figment again...walked right on....
Then played in Image works for awhile...( I wish they would open the upstairs again....sigh)

Caught a boat over to Germany and did lunch at the Biergarten...loved it....

Then it was time to head over to MGM for stars and motor cars parade.....this is a neat parade...I watched right from crossroads of the world.....like the cars...the Villains car was really cool!...

Went back and looked in the animation store again... then I was tired and went back to the resort....

Day 7 Tuesday Sept 24th...Time to go home....

Called the front desk and requested a late checkout....got it for 1pm...COOL! went thru the pics on the laptop...and transferred some more pics onto the hard drive.... went swimming...the serpent slide is great....and I FINALLY got a chance to use the hot tub...seeing as every time I wanted to use it during the week....Jethro Bodine and his 8 kids were in there and would never get out(more about that in Final thoughts!!! GRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrr :mad: ;)

I went into Jackson Square (gift shop) got my souvenir coffee mug...then to the food court for a leisurely lunch...and bought some Mickey Chocolate dipped Rice Crispies treats to take home....
Yourride.net picked us up at 2:45pm and it was off the airport...to head home...

Coming up Next...Final Thoughts Wrap-up. :)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Final Thoughts

-Port Orleans - French Quarter:
This truly is a great resort... wonderful landscaping...and lots of wrought iron...like in the real French quarter...and here in Chicago.
Love the fountains scattered around the resort to... nice touch.
Mousekeeping was great...I left a $2.00 tip a day...and they did the bunny and ducks for us.... The WDW channels were great on the TV...lots of info...park and show hours...etc...

The Food court was great... we were there for 7 days...so the resort mug was a GREAT deal...I drink alot of coffee and pop... so I got my moneys worth easily!
Warning....never get the pancakes though.... I could of gone back to my room and eatin a wet washcloth and that would of had more flavor...:lol: The Pot Roast and Pork Loin were very dry....stay away from those three items and you will be fine. The Cakes rocked….try the carrot cake :slurp: !

The Hot Tub... well.. I got to use it for a few minuets on my departing day... it was hogged the whole time I was there it seems (every night) by a very Jethro Bodine-esq type guy...and his 8 kids... who would never get out... ( the rules state 15min max in bold print right on the sign...right next to his jugunda mellon) but... whatever... some folks are like that ... and they refuse to share... or follow rules... I can just picture that guy saying.. "Hey Kids... let go sit in the hot-diddy bubbly tubub..."...whatever.. ;)

Riding in the front of a Monorail....was GREAT...

All the parks and resorts were very CLEAN!....even the smoking areas!....you could of eatin right off the ground....

Ummm...what else......?

Would I do it all over again?...you bet!
But maybe not at PO-FQ.....
I am going to start planning for my next trip...hopefully in the next 6mos I will be back at WDW. (Mission: Space will be open to!)
Since I ate at the Kona Cafe...and loved the Poly...I am going to try and stay there my next trip.... I plan on going solo my next trip as well.... so I can do whatever I want ...whenever I want...and not have to worry about anybody or anything :)

Thats it..... Great Trip.... Great Service! Loved all of it...I miss it already...but my wallet does not... :lol: !

So.... do I get the award for the longest trip report now or what? ;)

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:wave: Hi, loved the pictures and your DIARY???? Would sure like to see more--

One ?? how did the 5 year old get on Alien Encounter??? We wanted to take my grandson, (5 yrs) in to just see the pre show because we knew he would love it!! Git a NO NO NO YOU CAN NOT TAKE HIM IN, EVEN FOR THE PRESHOW!!!!! FROM THE CM!

He had seen the Skippy's and wanted to see it. WE WOULD NEVER THINK OF LETTING HIM SEE THE SHOW ITSSELF!!!!

Upvote 0

pepsistar

OPPS-- Was not finished-- hit the wrong button. That poor child will probably have nightmares forever. :( Sure is a shame.

Any parade pictures??? mmmmmmmmmmm

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by lynnkatherine
DMC 12....Those pictures are incredible!
Do you mind sharing what kind of camera and film you used?
You have a great eye.

Thanks! :).... Its a digital......

Sony Digital Mavica.....MVC-FD73
I brought my 35mm camera with me to...but it sat in the suit case my whole trip....I used the digital the whole trip :)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Hey, Jer, did you check anything about the Walk Around the World? Do you know if they're still doing it or if they ever pretend to do it again?

I am sorry...I forgot to check on this.... :(

Upvote 0

DMC-12.....do your pictures print out as beautifully on paper as they show up on the computer screen? Thanks for taking the time...I'm wanting to get a new camera before our trip to DW in 16 days!

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by lynnkatherine

DMC-12.....do your pictures print out as beautifully on paper as they show up on the computer screen? Thanks for taking the time...I'm wanting to get a new camera before our trip to DW in 16 days!

They Turn out GREAT on paper.. I went out and bought a moderate HP printer...like 40 bucks I think....and some thin glossy photo type paper for the printer......and with the gloss...and clairty of digital...they look sooooo sharp ...its amazing...:)

lynnkatherine , you can go to www.eBay.com punch in the model number in the serch... and find the model I use for about $100-200...sometimes less.... make sure you bring a LOT of 3.5 floppy disks to... I spent another $40 for a 4hr battery...that was well worth it.... Cause I only had to recharge it once during my 7 day trip :)

Hope my info helps ya....need any more info...just ask :)

Upvote 0

Disneywarrior

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! I really enjoyed the reports and the great pictures. However, it has made me homesick for my favorite place in the whole world. Oh well, only 238 more days to go!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom