Big Meaty Fun Trip Report !

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hi Gang I am back....Having so much fun...really is alot of work...lol, but would I do it again?...you betcha!

Day 1 Wednesday Night Sept 18th

Left the car at the long term econo parking lot at Midway, took the shuttle to the airport...flew on ATA to Orlando. Went down to the baggage claim...and our fine sponsor YourRide.net was there waiting with a sign with my name on it. Waited at the baggage carousel to get all our stuff. Rabbit from Yourride was Great! He helped us with our very heavy luggage outside, then I grabbed a smoke...while he went to go get the car. 10min later...a huge fully loaded Ford Excursion pulled up...and he put our luggage in the back...what a nice guy! This service rocked! Rabbit is a great guy...and a cool sponsor of this very site...I suggest you guys use YourRide.net...I am very pleased and will use them again in the future!

Arriving at Port Orleans-French Quarter....
There was no line to check in....they gave us our room number...but made a mistake...when we got to the room...it was a no-smoking room....so we went back to the front desk..and they reassigned us to a smoking room in Building 2. I was in room 2315 (third floor) looking over a very nice courtyard...landscaping was flawless...and the huge foutain was lovely. Building 2 was great...everything was soooo close ...to the pool...boat docks... food court...just a great location centraly located. We then headed to the boat docks...and headed for Downtown Disney! We looked around a bit...I spent alot of time in the Art of Disney and Christmas store...my 2 new favorite stores! I was tired...and we had a early PS at the Kona Cafe in the Poly the next Morning...so we headed back.... unpacked..... setup the wakeup call.... Watched the Disney Resort Channels...and went to bed.

Day 2....coming up soon!

DMC-12

Original Poster
castle from Tomorrow Land bridge

Attachments

• castle from tomorrowland bridge.jpg
    castle from tomorrowland bridge.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by hockeymom
glad you had a great trip!! thanks for sharing.

p.s. love those sunset pix!!!
:)

Thanks... I am suprised they turned out and look as good as they do :)

Inside Monorail Gold..... More on that later :)

Attachments

• insidemonorailgold.jpg
    insidemonorailgold.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
Great Pics! I love the Spaceship Earth! To bad its not a wallpaper, it would be great.

If you right click on the picture, one of the options is set as background. This should set the picture as your wallpaper. (at least with windows)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Re: Great Pictures!

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Those are great pictures!

What camera did you use?

Thanks Prep!
Sony Digital Mavica
Model MVC-FD73
The slightly older one....with the Bigger LCD screen....and the 3.5 floppy drive... :)

Monorail Gold AC Panel....

Attachments

• monorailgold ac panel.jpg
    monorailgold ac panel.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
My Fav poster...that I broke down and finally bought....now I need to find a reasonable frame place around where I live... :)

Attachments

• monorail poster.jpg
    monorail poster.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Some really white trashy lady... was dragging her poor, terrified, had to be no older than 5 year old little girl onto the ride This upset me seeing this....the mom had her by the hand...and was literally dragging her into the queue. The mom said "Its not scary...Stop CRYING!" The CM at the entrance said...."mam...it really is SCARY" I followed and told the mom the same thing.... she just rolled her eyes at me....and dragged her kid into the queue area.

I read a post recently about this type of scene at Tower of Terror. The CM told the father (don't know if he had a mullet or not :goodnevil ) that she would not let the frightened child get on the ride. Dad threw a fit; CM called security.

Don't know if that kind of action is "by the book" or not--just wish it happened more often for the kids' sake.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Fantastic Jerry! Really great job! Reading it is the next best thing to being there.

113 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes, 16 seconds left for me. (thanks for that countdown link also)

Upvote 0

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by gjpjtj

If you right click on the picture, one of the options is set as background. This should set the picture as your wallpaper. (at least with windows)

Thanks gjpjtj, I didn't think of doing that :hammer:. Anyway these pictures are great! Looking at the castle, monorail gold, and epcot just want to make me go back anymore.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Monorail Silver....from the cockpit of gold.....

Attachments

• monorail silver.jpg
    monorail silver.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Nothing like German Drinking songs at the Biergarten ;)

Attachments

• biergartenband.jpg
    biergartenband.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Originally posted by DMC-12
Nothing like German Drinking songs at the Biergarten ;)

Hey, my International Program graduation was here, but with the band and the dancer girl from Morocco...

Way to go on the review, Jer, and great pics as well.

Did you happen to see a Lady and the Tramp snowglobe?

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by rjmagic16
Cool Pics. DO you have anymore of the Port Orleans French Quarter. I am going Oct 14th and I am staying there.:D

Thanks

Thanks....sure do :)
Your gonna love it...its a very laid back resort :) And the food court is great!

Building 2 Courtyard

Attachments

• building2 courtyard.jpg
    building2 courtyard.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom