News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

FigmentForver96

Okay, been thinking about the new direction. Anybody who knows my posting history knows how I feel about Epcot. @Kman101 probably could speak to that for sure. In the 80s our world was on the brink of a new age of technological advancement. An age, that we as humans, get to see and enjoy today. An ambitious project that inspired generations to look to the past to build a future. It celebrated the human achievement and went into the world of real life magic and amazement. Somewhere along the way Epcot lost its way and we saw the very thing that inspired us, die. Yet, like a grandparent who gives us wisdom in our younger years, EPCOT Center lived on inside of us, as we work to shape the world we know today. Today, a new generation waits to be inspired. We no longer are the generation of the future. Now more than ever, our world needs a reminder that the human achievement is something to be celebrated. I think that’s what new Epcot is about, the celebration of humankind itself. Now im not crazy about IPs being sprinkled in, I know Disney is beyond capable of creating wonderful things without it. Yet, maybe a little IP is what will inspire the next generation to change the world. Maybe these stories will remind them what we all have in common. That the future is indeed something we share and something we celebrate. Maybe the Epcot of today is for the generation of tomorrow. I’m not saying catering to the kids is the way to go all the way, but we know Epcot will never go that far. I hate we will never see EPCOT Center again, but I do know that EPCOT Center taught me to believe in the wonders of tomorrow by celebrating the achievements of today.

brb1006

Here's the Walt statue
EC1gMLlUUAAZhca.jpg

lazyboy97o

Okay, been thinking about the new direction. Anybody who knows my posting history knows how I feel about Epcot. @Kman101 probably could speak to that for sure. In the 80s our world was on the brink of a new age of technological advancement. An age, that we as humans, get to see and enjoy today. An ambitious project that inspired generations to look to the past to build a future. It celebrated the human achievement and went into the world of real life magic and amazement. Somewhere along the way Epcot lost its way and we saw the very thing that inspired us, die. Yet, like a grandparent who gives us wisdom in our younger years, EPCOT Center lived on inside of us, as we work to shape the world we know today. Today, a new generation waits to be inspired. We no longer are the generation of the future. Now more than ever, our world needs a reminder that the human achievement is something to be celebrated. I think that’s what new Epcot is about, the celebration of humankind itself. Now im not crazy about IPs being sprinkled in, I know Disney is beyond capable of creating wonderful things without it. Yet, maybe a little IP is what will inspire the next generation to change the world. Maybe these stories will remind them what we all have in common. That the future is indeed something we share and something we celebrate. Maybe the Epcot of today is for the generation of tomorrow. I’m not saying catering to the kids is the way to go all the way, but we know Epcot will never go that far. I hate we will never see EPCOT Center again, but I do know that EPCOT Center taught me to believe in the wonders of tomorrow by celebrating the achievements of today.
EPCOT Center was already a humanist celebration. World Showcase celebrated what we have accomplished. Future World celebrated what we can accomplish.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

They’re going with this World Nature/Celebration/Discovery concept, which makes a few things seem like outliers. GotG, for example - how does that fit in?

The concept in itself is an outlier (and I do wish along with a lot of others here that they would have just refreshed Energy), but I'm hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised as more of the story/setup for the ride is revealed. What we've heard so far seems to indicate it'll be referential toward EPCOT in some fashion, so I'm willing to wait and see.

mgf

I'm feeling a little extra salty this morning, but part of the issue with the presentation was the fans going bonkers over the low-bar stuff in his (poorly delivered) speech.

"New flowers [interrupted by raucous applause] .... shade [interrupted by raucous applause].... benches [interrupted by raucous applause]... trash cans [interrupted by raucous applause]."

He was acting like he was in on the fan community jokes when that is exactly what they are... jokes. Jokes resulting from low expectations, poor management, etc. Don't give them the credit they seek for stuff that should be baseline IMO.

Ok... done now.

tirian

I'm feeling a little extra salty this morning, but part of the issue with the presentation was the fans going bonkers over the low-bar stuff in his (poorly delivered) speech.

"New flowers [interrupted by raucous applause] .... shade [interrupted by raucous applause].... benches [interrupted by raucous applause]... trash cans [interrupted by raucous applause]."

He was acting like he was in on the fan community jokes when that is exactly what they are... jokes. Jokes resulting from low expectations, poor management, etc. Don't give them the credit they seek for stuff that should be baseline IMO.

Ok... done now.
It will be beautiful, but it’s largely a return to the way it originally looked, back when Communicore was painted sky blue and had soaring, clear-glass windows for sunlight and views of the gardens, trees, and ponds.

hokielutz

So I didn't see any mention of the Imagination Pavilion... I assume its part of World Celebration?

There probably aren't any rumored/firm plans on what to do with the ride yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom