News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

P_Radden

It’d mess up the aesthetic even more. It’s not that far to walk.
Not necessarily, if designed and implemented well. Not trying to sound lazy, just though it could ease some congestion on that path and help guests flow from Land/Seas to WS. Speaking of aesthetics, depending on what they planning with the FW overhaul, origional EC aesthetics could already be thrown out the window. :rolleyes:

Kman101

I'd be all for a ramp there. I don't think it would ruin anything. I mean, are they not allowed to do a thing to Epcot? Must we have empty buildings saved because they once meant something? Can we not expand walkways? Add a ramp?

Frankiepopsicles

Yes and yes. Though happening should still be swapped for proposed.

Approval.... it’s always subjective. Given my feelings and emotions about this park I think it’s in the eye of the beholder. One or two I’m interesting in seeing the final results of.

Currently 2 billion-ish will have been spent on DHS by the time SWL opens. Add the not-happening parking structures, a certain coaster that’s being built in the MK and a projected E ticket for mid next decade are your edging towards 3 billion.

I just hope the projected E ticket is not another “Screenz” ride

trainplane3

There may not be a need for a ramp.
I'm scared what that could mean.

Also, I see Epcots overhaul as a office building is in motion

I have words I wanted to use upon seeing this, but it wouldn't be very forum appropriate. This is the biggest change to CC in a while (aside from Spectaculab)

Also, the new media tags for Twitter are pretty nice. The forum upgrade has been great overall!

Figment Newton

I have words I wanted to use upon seeing this, but it wouldn't be very forum appropriate. This is the biggest change to CC in a while (aside from Spectaculab)

Also, the new media tags for Twitter are pretty nice. The forum upgrade has been great overall!

I kind of like the chairs (UOE vibe) but why block and clutter up such a nice open space? And why cubicles of all things? Odd.

rocketraccoon

It's for the festival

That one former part of CommuniCore by Club Cool has an exhibit up already for the festival. The concept is it's made up of art made by 4 to 17 year olds from the Crealdé School of Art, a non-profit art school/workshop type thing in Winter Park. There's some legitimately impressive stuff there, although the cubicles aren't really a great look. Could've just used The Odyssey for this if they wanted.

k9Qe2hi.jpg

Evo1zRp.jpg

Also yes, the "Tomorrow" part is peeling off after less than a day of being up. It's the same on the other side. They also put a screen-printing machine in the same area. It looks like you'll be able to get some pre-made t-shirt designs on demand.

trainplane3

I know Screamscape is quite questionable with their rumors and sources. Is there any truth to what they're saying about the monorails, the Epcot loop, and the apparently happening at some point Epcot hotel, @marni1971 ?

trainplane3

With the ever increasing presence of Figment throughout the park and the Arts Festival is there ANY hope of a true attraction revival at this stage in the park’s redevelopment? @Magic Feather @MansionButler84 @marni1971
To copy-paste from @MisterPenguin 's thread:
There hasn't been much else said. I do remember seeing @Magic Feather saying something in a thread along the lines of that he "has no idea what is even going on with Imagination right now" (something along those lines, please correct if incorrect). That was about a month ago.

Magic Feather

There may not be a need for a ramp.
Will that walkway be going away in the future? In the blue sky art it seems like it isn't there.
Bye, Bye, Mr. Magic Eye.
Your disparaged shape has made me cry.
Captain EO may have gone to the sky.
But I hope this won’t be the time that you’ll die, this won’t be the time that you’ll die...

Acidsplat

SSE and Imag aren’t not being discussed right now.

Well, maybe not right this minute.
I'm taking my fiance to Disney World next month for his very first time and he loves Figment from everything I've shown him, but I know he's going to be so disappointed at current Journey Into Imagination :grumpy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom