News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

gsansone

So you will pass through the turnstiles, meander through the "Leave A Legacy" cemetary wasteland, pass under Spaceship Earth and find yourself in anoother gigantic plaza wasteland with trees and a half mile walk of nothingness to get to the nearest pavilion? Honestly I don't get removing the Communicore structures....there has to be something when you enter the park instead of a giant open park area...there is planty of that on either side of the communicore buildings, the entire center of future world does not need to be more of nothingness...

All of that nothingness will represent the collective creative output of the Imagineers. It represents nothing. Which is what's going on in their minds.

trainplane3

All of that nothingness will represent the collective creative output of the Imagineers. It represents nothing. Which is what's going on in their minds.
Luckily we have a imagination pavilion. That'll be sure to give them some new ide-

latest

Oh.
61d3d0b249af0aa41a242d7488e6f1d4--epcot-disney-parks.jpg

Oh no.
23101781_504898933242428_4223219278909800448_n.jpg

Nevermind.

trainplane3

Hey now. I'm against the most current incarnation of the Imagination Pavilion just as much as you...but I can never hate on Eric Idle.
Oh I don't hate Eric Idle at all. It's sad that a good actor can be wasted on a hack job of a overhaul. This was more a stab at how bad the attraction currently is. It lacks everything creative and imaginative and makes a good character look like a jerk and the other like a moron.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We only know what gets approved and built - after possibly having its budget sliced and diced multiple times.

It is hardly fair to impugn the creativity of the Imagineers, when we have no idea what they are imagineering on a daily basis.

They dream up all kinds of stuff that never gets approved, never gets budgeted, and never sees the light of day.

CanadianGordon

I go away for a month and come back to... the same old stuff. Sigh. Some things never change I suppose.
What year would be good to plan a vacation again with all the new things?

The Empress Lilly

If people can’t walk a few hundred yards they shouldn’t be outside.

But anyway, Communicore had logical pathways that reduced the amount of walking that was needed from any point to any point. Innoventions messed these up big time (and the first version of Innoventions was even worse)

Here’s the pathway that was removed in 1994; top left of the diagram coming out of Communicore West:

View attachment 254474

And for comparison the internal traffic flow (minus the Centorium rotunda)

View attachment 254475

download.jpeg

So beautiful it hurts.

Are you for or against the direct pathways from FW east and west to WS?

HMF

We only know what gets approved and built - after possibly having its budget sliced and diced multiple times.

It is hardly fair to impugn the creativity of the Imagineers, when we have no idea what they are imagineering on a daily basis.

They dream up all kinds of stuff that never gets approved, never gets budgeted, and never sees the light of day.
Never mind the fact that they don't make the ultimate decisions especially with the IP mandate from Iger.

Last edited:

Figment Newton

Luckily we have a imagination pavilion. That'll be sure to give them some new ide-

latest

Oh.
61d3d0b249af0aa41a242d7488e6f1d4--epcot-disney-parks.jpg

Oh no.
23101781_504898933242428_4223219278909800448_n.jpg

Nevermind.
It could just be me, but Figment in this image could be updated a bit graphically. It appears to be - and probably is - an early CGI drawing and could be improved massively just with using current tech/CGI or even a 2-D version. To me it just makes it look dated.

And of course, this is major nitpicking considering we really need an improved Figment ride. Oh well, at least it's not 'Your Imagination.'

trainplane3

It could just be me, but Figment in this image could be updated a bit graphically. It appears to be - and probably is - an early CGI drawing and could be improved massively just with using current tech/CGI or even a 2-D version. To me it just makes it look dated.

And of course, this is major nitpicking considering we really need an improved Figment ride. Oh well, at least it's not 'Your Imagination.'
It's always looked dated. When the ride reopened, I noticed how bad it looked then. It wasn't even up to Toy Story 1 quality. The lighting is poor on the model in several scenes and that causes a lack of depth, so it just looks fake by not blending in with it's environment. The worse offender is in the sight lab by far, thanks to it's janky animations. But I have to remind myself that V3 was tossed together with a emergency budget and a rapid timeline. And somehow, it's outliving V1...

P_Radden

They were needed when they were added; especially east for Horizons and Odyssey. If they’re the ones we’re talking about? West is ruined by F&W; what was a peaceful park-like setting becomes a Sunday market.
I would really appreciate a ramp from the Imagination fountains area down to the WS connector. It would save time from having to walk back down to the front of Imagination, then around the pond to the WS connector:
adBzosV.png

smile

I would really appreciate a ramp from the Imagination fountains area down to the WS connector. It would save time from having to walk back down to the front of Imagination, then around the pond to the WS connector:
adBzosV.png

even in it's current state, shots like that remind me............. *sigh*

Cmdr_Crimson

Couldn't Eric Idle just turn to Figment and straight out say...

tumblr_inline_o7f618vuQy1u6ivlq_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom