News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There has to be. We know what they are opening for 2019 to coincide with the influx of people with Star Wars. We have a decent idea what they are planning for with Disney World's 50th Anniversary in 2021. Still hoping for a few big surprises there. But I think the big question is what will they build for 2023 the big world wide celebration marking the 100th Anniversary of the company. With the influx of people they are expecting over the next few years they are going to want to keep the momentum going. The fact that they are adding so many new hotel rooms shows me they plan on continuing expansion at a greater rate. They finally realized the parks don't have to be this mature segment of their business with little growth potential in their domestic parks. The potential is there and it finally seems like they have realized this.
At the moment, the majority of the US parks capex around 2023 could be going in Disneyland. Not to say Orlando won’t get nothing, but Disneyland’s got a lacklustre land that still needs attention.

huwar18

I think many people still want Epcot to be Epcot, but everyone seems to have varying degrees of what they think Epcot should be. I personally am okay with them adding rides like Ratatouille since it at least has a connection to French culture. I'm not exactly a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy being in Epcot, but it is happening whether I like it or not. People accept it because we can't change it.

I completely agree. People want Epcot Center. However, I think we are coming to terms with it is never coming back lol. I will take IPs as long as they place them appropriately.

mikejs78

Premium Member
At the moment, the majority of the US parks capex around 2023 could be going in Disneyland. Not to say Orlando won’t get nothing, but Disneyland’s got a lacklustre land that still needs attention.

Honestly they really need to separate the capex budgets for DLR and WDW and make it consistent from year to year and decade to decade. This alternating of which park gets attention has led to the stagnation we've seen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly they really need to separate the capex budgets for DLR and WDW and make it consistent from year to year and decade to decade. This alternating of which park gets attention has led to the stagnation we've seen.
It’s not often I support the way the parks are being planned, but in this case it’s worth pointing out between now and 2023, in the region of 5.5 billion should be spent on the four WDW parks. With more planned after that date.

Notwithstanding a discussion about Glendale costs.

Last edited:

smile

curious to see if market pressure keeps things interesting

Notwithstanding a discussion about Glendale costs.

hqdefault.jpg

Bocabear

So you will pass through the turnstiles, meander through the "Leave A Legacy" cemetary wasteland, pass under Spaceship Earth and find yourself in anoother gigantic plaza wasteland with trees and a half mile walk of nothingness to get to the nearest pavilion? Honestly I don't get removing the Communicore structures....there has to be something when you enter the park instead of a giant open park area...there is planty of that on either side of the communicore buildings, the entire center of future world does not need to be more of nothingness...

Epcot82Guy

So you will pass through the turnstiles, meander through the "Leave A Legacy" cemetary wasteland, pass under Spaceship Earth and find yourself in anoother gigantic plaza wasteland with trees and a half mile walk of nothingness to get to the nearest pavilion? Honestly I don't get removing the Communicore structures....there has to be something when you enter the park instead of a giant open park area...there is planty of that on either side of the communicore buildings, the entire center of future world does not need to be more of nothingness...

Nope. You will wander under a 10-story hotel, emerge in a small graveyard courtyard with "Premium Tower" and "Premium Golf Ball" views (but no actual sun) where you then wander into an open plaza of astroturf and concrete. See, they fixed the valid design problem you noted! Let's get a latte at the Epcot Springs Starbucks to celebrate! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom