News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

Just looked at the rumor tracker and still surprised about illuminations and innoventions 2.0 for 2020. Is this still the case?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No. Nighttime show is currently mid 2019.

Just to make sure...

You (or, more specifically, TDO) orginally had summer 2019.
This version of RoE 2.0 has been bouncing around 2017-18-19 for quite a while. There have been several pushes to bring it forward. As of very recently it's scheduled to debut early summer 2019.

But when you said this, that pushed it to 2020...

And @Magic Feather agreed with 2020 or even later.
Honestly, they are going to EPCOT and only EPCOT for the forseeable domestic future. Current plan is for them to be used in Illuminations: Next Gen (Not the Subtitle... Or is it?), which should debut in time for the 50th, and may or may not feature studio IP. Other than Dronez, Pyro, and Fountains, stuff is still up for grabs as far as being included. As of now, the target is 2020, but I expect it to go to 2021 to compensate for Happily Ever After: Revised. Also, I know its the wrong thread(s), but I don't expect major RoL changes until post 50, do expect AK changes pre-50, and Studios Nighttime Spectaculars should look as different now compared to three years ago, as it will from now compared to three years ago.

IMO, the sooner the better. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just to make sure...

You (or, more specifically, TDO) orginally had summer 2019.

But when you said this, that pushed it to 2020...

And @Magic Feather agreed with 2020 or even later.

IMO, the sooner the better. :)
It’s been bouncing around from late 18 to 20. Word now is 19 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 20 again.

trainplane3

Man, I really hope the new Illuminations is just as great as what we have right now. It's a great show with an even better soundtrack. My show had people still awwing over it, if that means anything.

I finally saw the Peace on Earth finale. THAT was incredible. Everything worked flawlessly, opening earth and fireworks out of it. My August show was pretty bad. No opening and there were "empty" parts. When they bring out the extra barges, do they use them for the regular portion? I swear there were parts that were "beefed up".

aladdin2007

Man, I really hope the new Illuminations is just as great as what we have right now. It's a great show with an even better soundtrack. My show had people still awwing over it, if that means anything.

I finally saw the Peace on Earth finale. THAT was incredible. Everything worked flawlessly, opening earth and fireworks out of it. My August show was pretty bad. No opening and there were "empty" parts. When they bring out the extra barges, do they use them for the regular portion? I swear there were parts that were "beefed up".

The current peace on earth finale is a shell of its former self, very lackluster compared to how moving and amazing it used to be. They whittled and watered it down to barely anything left. It should have been left alone. Previously it had a choral and base that shook your insides, now its just flat with little to no effects.

clemmo

The current peace on earth finale is a shell of its former self, very lackluster compared to how moving and amazing it used to be. They whittled and watered it down to barely anything left. It should have been left alone. Previously it had a choral and base that shook your insides, now its just flat with little to no effects.
So I’m not the only one that thinks it’s the worst nighttime show at Wdw currently?

Marc Davis Fan

Will the new show have the same message about global community and human achievement? Do you think it will be as powerful/profound? As abstract (and IP-less)? RoL seems a good indication that they're still willing to make shows like that, but RoE is a high bar...

Next Big Thing

Nope. As Feather said it’s in development hell. Competing ideas, projects, minds, budgets, needs.
As long as the people with ideas that feel like EPCOT win out. EPCOT Center may be dead, but the general look and feel of the park during that period is iconic and not just to theme park fans. EPCOT Center has made an impact in popular culture as well over the years.

I'm fine with adding rides to the WS Pavilions, even if they are IP based. I'm not going to complain now when we've been asking for this for years. It looks by all accounts that they are doing that part right, too. Slightly off-topic, but do you know what the status of Brazil is?

smile

development hell. Competing ideas, projects, minds, budgets, needs.

which, is a bad thing...
but, depending on one's perspective, could be a good thing.

also interesting to consider at what point is the 'wrong' some-thing better than no-thing

Last edited:

clarabellej

I recently saw Tom Fitzgerald and another Imagineer walking around Future World pointing out different locations and what appeared to be discussions about making changes. Obviously there was talk a few months ago about Epcot getting an influx of cash that had been approved by the board of directors. Just found it interesting and hopefully we'll hear something in the near future about updates coming to EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom