• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Amidala

Well yeah. The ride's story is an 30 second Elsa meet and greet taking place on a boat. Of course an actual Anna and Elsa meet and greet would be better then that.
I definitely sympathize w/ the argument that Frozen doesn't belong in Norway (although the ship has sailed there, and I'm not as bothered by it as some) but totally disagree on this. I've heard it said that if the Frozen ride was built in MK Fantasyland, it would be the best ride there and I agree. I know people have reservations about projected faces on animatronics, but I found them to be really convincing, and the Olaf animatronic doubly so. The "Let it Go" scene could have used a little more, but the others were beautiful, and I think the Frozen updates suited the ride really well. Especially when you consider that the base ride wasn't originally built for this purpose.

All that being said, Arendelle is a fictional place...Paris isn't. IMO Ratatouille reads very much like a love letter to France–the movie wouldn't work elsewhere. Frozen was only ever meant to be vaguely Scandinavian. Before now, there was nothing actually tying Frozen to Norway except the fashion inspiration. Disney is making Arendelle out to be Norwegian after the fact because it benefits them to do so. It's not something that keeps me up at night personally, but if you're a stickler for accuracy in World Showcase, I can see a big difference between the two.

Well, that's subtle. Norway is kind of shaped like a ladle, so maybe it was a bad attempt at a ladle shaped cookie. Still, could be that this particular family has a fondness for Norway (a country with no ties or resemblance whatsoever to Arendelle.)
The woman sings that she's baking the cookie in the shape of Norway, so it was definitely deliberate.

clemmo

Just looked at the rumor tracker and still surprised about illuminations and innoventions 2.0 for 2020. Is this still the case?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
No. Nighttime show is currently mid 2019.
Just to make sure...

You (or, more specifically, TDO) orginally had summer 2019.
This version of RoE 2.0 has been bouncing around 2017-18-19 for quite a while. There have been several pushes to bring it forward. As of very recently it's scheduled to debut early summer 2019.

But when you said this, that pushed it to 2020...

And @Magic Feather agreed with 2020 or even later.
Honestly, they are going to EPCOT and only EPCOT for the forseeable domestic future. Current plan is for them to be used in Illuminations: Next Gen (Not the Subtitle... Or is it?), which should debut in time for the 50th, and may or may not feature studio IP. Other than Dronez, Pyro, and Fountains, stuff is still up for grabs as far as being included. As of now, the target is 2020, but I expect it to go to 2021 to compensate for Happily Ever After: Revised. Also, I know its the wrong thread(s), but I don't expect major RoL changes until post 50, do expect AK changes pre-50, and Studios Nighttime Spectaculars should look as different now compared to three years ago, as it will from now compared to three years ago.

IMO, the sooner the better. :)

trainplane3

Man, I really hope the new Illuminations is just as great as what we have right now. It's a great show with an even better soundtrack. My show had people still awwing over it, if that means anything.

I finally saw the Peace on Earth finale. THAT was incredible. Everything worked flawlessly, opening earth and fireworks out of it. My August show was pretty bad. No opening and there were "empty" parts. When they bring out the extra barges, do they use them for the regular portion? I swear there were parts that were "beefed up".

Derrit

It’s been bouncing around from late 18 to 20. Word now is 19 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 20 again.
Not to invalidate you or any other insider's, but I feel as if Night Time shows are the most unpredictable projects, we barely had any notice with Happily Ever After or even Once Upon a Time.

This might be because it's somewhat easy for Disney to quickly produce shows like the one made just for the cast member night at the MK or Moon light dvc firework show, as there is already existing infrastructure to work with.

Either way if the new Illuminations is true to its predecessors and honors mankind's hopeful future than I'll be happy :)

aladdin2007

Man, I really hope the new Illuminations is just as great as what we have right now. It's a great show with an even better soundtrack. My show had people still awwing over it, if that means anything.

I finally saw the Peace on Earth finale. THAT was incredible. Everything worked flawlessly, opening earth and fireworks out of it. My August show was pretty bad. No opening and there were "empty" parts. When they bring out the extra barges, do they use them for the regular portion? I swear there were parts that were "beefed up".
The current peace on earth finale is a shell of its former self, very lackluster compared to how moving and amazing it used to be. They whittled and watered it down to barely anything left. It should have been left alone. Previously it had a choral and base that shook your insides, now its just flat with little to no effects.

clemmo

The current peace on earth finale is a shell of its former self, very lackluster compared to how moving and amazing it used to be. They whittled and watered it down to barely anything left. It should have been left alone. Previously it had a choral and base that shook your insides, now its just flat with little to no effects.
So I’m not the only one that thinks it’s the worst nighttime show at Wdw currently?

Marc Davis Fan

Will the new show have the same message about global community and human achievement? Do you think it will be as powerful/profound? As abstract (and IP-less)? RoL seems a good indication that they're still willing to make shows like that, but RoE is a high bar...

Top Bottom