• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

No.

That’s the same cheap, short sighted and arrogant attitude of the company who can’t be bothered to try and utilise some fantastic space with plenty of potential.
"Insert numerous expletives here"

I am starting to hate reading updates to Epcot threads. But Martin, I did watch your Imagination tribute trilogy and loved it. I saw the original and it's current iteration but not the abomination in between.

RSoxNo1

Corless threw out an idea called "Garden of Wonder" where each pavilion would have a small garden display in front of it. This would be for Future World and World Showcase and the displays would likely feature topiaries of characters "relevant" to the pavilion. The examples he used were Anna and Elsa in Norway or Eve and Wall-E in front of Mission: SPACE.

If true, it's more characters in EPCOT, but I do like the idea of a unifying theme. In that respect there's a similarity to the different types of boats in each land at Tokyo Disney Sea.

DisneyFan18

Corless threw out an idea called "Garden of Wonder" where each pavilion would have a small garden display in front of it. This would be for Future World and World Showcase and the displays would likely feature topiaries of characters "relevant" to the pavilion. The examples he used were Anna and Elsa in Norway or Eve and Wall-E in front of Mission: SPACE.

If true, it's more characters in EPCOT, but I do like the idea of a unifying theme. In that respect there's a similarity to the different types of boats in each land at Tokyo Disney Sea.
I hope they use Figment in the Imagination pavilion and not Inside Out, what would be your predictions for each pavilion? :)

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member

He did. I think there’s a confusion over names. But it would be nice if he was correct.

RSoxNo1

He did. I think there’s a confusion over names. But it would be nice if he was correct.
Is the thought process here something subtle like the different types of boats docked at every Tokyo Disney Sea land or am I over thinking this? We've long discussed some sort of unifying concepts in Epcot and this, while character driven, seems to be in that line of thinking.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Is the thought process here something subtle like the different types of boats docked at every Tokyo Disney Sea land or am I over thinking this? We've long discussed some sort of unifying concepts in Epcot and this, while character driven, seems to be in that line of thinking.
This I don’t know. Gardens of Wonder to me means something else.