News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

brb1006

I'm just wondering when the hell they announce Figment 3 or whatever the next Kingdoms book will be. It's been a few months since Tiki Room ended and no word on park comics beyond the Mission Breakout tie-in oneshot.

Journey into Imagination is why that imprint even survived long enough to do other stuff. That's proof of it's potential for a film right there.
I just got the second volume last year. Was Figment 3 announced sometime last year even though a release date was never revealed?

brb1006

I'd assume and hope that there are proposals to keep the theme as well. Even if Dreamfinder doesn't came back (an enormous missed opportunity, if so) I would think they'd at least shine the spotlight brighter on Figment in any future iterations.
I still think the reason behind Dreamfinder's absence is that he's still collecting sparks of imagination and he would explain why he hasn't been back in so long if the third Imagination overhaul ever happens or something like that.

brb1006

I guess Figment merchandise that still seems to sell and the comics that sold well means nothing to them (and it doesn't stop them from using him to sell merch at F&G). LOL. I don't get it. That's why I'm glad they don't seem ready to touch the ride yet. Because it probably means Figment is evicted for good.
Which is strange because I remember hearing that people at the Disney company were surprised with how successful the Figment comics were. If a Journey Into Imagination animated film ever becomes a reality. I think the perfect directors for that film would be Byron Howard,Pete Doctor, and Tony Baxter by gaining inspiration from the comics and the original attraction. It would be a great reintroduction to the duo.

clemmo

Did we ever figure out when the spine is supposed to be completed? 2020? I'm just tired of seeing all that empty space in both of the big innoventions buildings.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did we ever figure out when the spine is supposed to be completed? 2020? I'm just tired of seeing all that empty space in both of the big innoventions buildings.
It was still open to options and changes. I believe the final choice is being further developed.

Seems someone threw another option in the works and this could have delayed it.

clemmo

Imo it seems like most of the Epcot work besides RAT and MS updates has fallen behind . I just hope most of the work is done by 2021 as that'll be a busy year with whatever opens in MK's tomorrowland project as well

HauntedMansionFLA

Imo it seems like most of the Epcot work besides RAT and MS updates has fallen behind . I just hope most of the work is done by 2021 as that'll be a busy year with whatever opens in MK's tomorrowland project as well

This was started back in June and still no official announcement from Disney

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make a dedicated thread to this rumor. The Energy pavilion is supposedly closing in September to make way for a ride based on Guardians of the Galaxy. Will add another Guardians ride to the Wonders of Life pavilion. Please let me know if I need to update any of my information.
  • Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, green lit.
  • Wonders might get a GotG phase 2, not yet green lit..
  • Communicore (outside of mouse gear and starbucks, possibly club cool) will be updated/overhauled, green lit.
  • Mission Space will get a refurb/update, green lit.
  • There are plans for Imagination, but not green lit.
  • Land will remain as is
  • Seas will remain as is
  • Test Track will remain as is
  • Space Ship Earth will remain as is
Credit: @P_Radden

jt04

NFL on steroids.....replace unpopular capacity with the same amount but make it super popular and do very little to help elsewhere.

DAK will still be a huge draw. They might want to also fast track Rat and something in the MK. It is no wonder they are building more hotels.

rocketraccoon

So is there any plan for the future of Wonders of Life? Is it just going to be a seasonal convention center until the end of time? It's getting kinda gross in there.

Ralphlaw

I'm thinking AK will attract many more people then it does now and slow down park hopping. I think part of the crowding problems at WDW are park hoppers all heading to one park at certain times, in theory if the crowd spread out more evenly over the day and night capacity over all would go up through out WDW. I.

The one twist to all this is the US is way over do for a recession. The things I look at seem to tell a story of continued economic strength but the US is over due.

Good points about evening out the crowds at various peak times at various parks.

I hope you're wrong about the recession. In the upper Midwest, the recovery didn't hit us until a couple weeks ago, so a nice long period of prosperity would be appreciated.

Also, what's SWL and TSL?

jt04

I'm thinking AK will attract many more people then it does now and slow down park hopping. I think part of the crowding problems at WDW are park hoppers all heading to one park at certain times, in theory if the crowd spread out more evenly over the day and night capacity over all would go up through out WDW. I know personally I had seen all the shows at DHS so there wasn't much for me to do there. I'm not much on watching the same shows over and over again but I will ride rides over and over again. For my family DHS became a 3 ride park, hit and get out. Happens my favorite ride in all of WDW is ToT so I l aways hit DHS.

I do not think SWL and TSL will draw very many people who weren't coming to WDW in the first place. I don't think it will be like Potter. Also Potter took a while to really gain numbers, at first sure there was a bunch of people who came to see the new attraction but it's more a steady overall incline in attendance at Universal. Universal also upped the amount of hotel rooms drastically.

We will see as always. Doesn't matter to me spend theme park guys, spend, build, do something new.

The one twist to all this is the US is way over do for a recession. The things I look at seem to tell a story of continued economic strength but the US is over due.

I think you underestimate the power of Star Wars fans. Much much bigger fan base than Potter. Very much multi-generational too.

MCast

In my opinion, Wonders of Life needs to go - it's been sitting derelict for far too long (outside of holding pop-up festival kiosks).

If they were to level UoE and WoL, that leaves a sizable area to play with to do something big. Even though bigger isn't necessarily better.

But it does leave a lot to one's Imagination (pun intended).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom