News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

FigmentJedi

You would think the damn comic book would tell them something.
I'm just wondering when the hell they announce Figment 3 or whatever the next Kingdoms book will be. It's been a few months since Tiki Room ended and no word on park comics beyond the Mission Breakout tie-in oneshot.

Journey into Imagination is why that imprint even survived long enough to do other stuff. That's proof of it's potential for a film right there.

Kman101

I guess Figment merchandise that still seems to sell and the comics that sold well means nothing to them (and it doesn't stop them from using him to sell merch at F&G). LOL. I don't get it. That's why I'm glad they don't seem ready to touch the ride yet. Because it probably means Figment is evicted for good.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@DCharacterNews on twitter is suggesting that Figment will, once again, get the boot....any insight? @MansionButler84 @marni1971 @Magic Feather

That twitter account knows as much as any CM working in the characters department as any other CM working in the characters department. We're still waiting for their Jan 18 proclamation that Zootopia characters will be coming to Epcot. Perhaps they will, but once three months have passed... it would be hard to claim a scoop.

So, what would they know about Figment? Nothing.

IanDLBZF

We're still waiting for their Jan 18 proclamation that Zootopia characters will be coming to Epcot.
Same here, it's been nearly three months and no announcement, yet. He did say it may be awhile before one is made. Remember that rumored third character? Well, @dcharacternews said that Miguel Rivera from Coco could also be doing M&Gs at Epcot starting in November - so that's who I think will be the third one!

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

That twitter account knows as much as any CM working in the characters department as any other CM working in the characters department.
That CM actually works in the Disney Events Group, but does have knowledge of character news too! But I bet he was making a joke about the passenger removed from the United flight.... Lol

aladdin2007

2019 will be a nightmare. Disney has no clue the crowds SWL will bring in.

I think they know they just don't care, it's going to be scary when hollywood blvd is gridlock and you can't even get down the main path, the park was not built or designed for the amount of people who will be cattle herded in. Another reason why the mickey ride should have been a new build, not a replacement. They really aren't adding capacity at all, everything is a replacement in a sense, depending on how one looks at it.

wdwfan4ver

Don't worry. Toy Story Land will have just opened the year before and that will draw all the crowds to DHS!
It will bring in crowds, but not like Star Wars will. Star Wars franchise has a bigger fan base than Toy Story franchise does.

The best way to look at it is think what Harry Potter did to Universal when those lands first opened. Harry Potter changed Universal in terms of crowds big time and that was franchise that didn't exist before the first book came out 20 years after the first Star Wars Movie.

Last edited:

brb1006

We are going on Imagination for the first time in a LONG time this upcoming trip. I haven't been on it since Journey into Imagination. That ride with World of Motion and Horizons made my childhood. :( I always go on LwtL and Space Mountain almost religiously. Not sure when the last time I went on Energy was. I just find it hard to sit through that one for some reason...

Since it is rumored to be going away soon I would like to ride Energy this trip, but only if there is time. Not stealing time away from WS for it. :)
Prepare to be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom