News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Rose Walk Flex Space Now Has Shade Canopy​

Epcot_Full_56984.jpg

J4546

i wonder what this space will be used for besides tables and little games. Im not even opposed to little games like connect 4 and cornhole but I imagine they will use this for other things as well

Surferboy567

Rose Walk Flex Space Now Has Shade Canopy​

Epcot_Full_56984.jpg
Truly incredible, this is probably one of the most innovative concepts I’ve ever seen at a theme park.

It even has this futuristic game with a rectangle that has a circle cut out of it, that you can throw an object called a “beanbag” at. The future is now people.

Cmdr_Crimson

i wonder what this space will be used for besides tables and little games. Im not even opposed to little games like connect 4 and cornhole but I imagine they will use this for other things as well
Kids activities during festivals, more booths if they wanted..

What happened to the playground that was on the back of the former Mousegears/Connections section. Was that removed??

Last edited:

DisCOT_97

With the current structure, I'd rather ...
  • World Gateway. Acts as the park's thesis statement. Includes entrance plaza, Spaceship Earth, Project Tomorrow, Dreamers Point, themed gardens (and please re-add a fountain).
  • World Discovery. Concerned with achievements in technology, communication, and exploration. Should be targeted as a smaller, more concentrated location for modern realization of the old sponsorship model (tap Apple, SpaceX, Chevrolet, etc.). Includes Connections, Creations, Club Cool, Odyssey, Test Track, Mission: SPACE, Wonders of Xandar.
  • World Nature. Tackles the natural world, conservation, ecology, and the natural sciences. Pavilions on this side could be more IP-tied or hosted, e.g. Nemo (Marine Life Institute?), WALL-E (BnL?), Moana, Figment. Includes CommuniCore Hall, Journey of Water, The Land, The Seas, Imagination (re-worked to be about human nature?).
  • World Showcase. Highlights cultures around the world and the (Disney) stories they've inspired.
I think that's ultimately more realistic than hoping for them to erect something that effectively delineates the cutoff between The Land and Imagination, for instance.
Calling it right now, these “neighborhoods” won’t stick around. They’ll probably eventually just call the front half of the park something else and use the colors to symbolize ideas or topics like nature, space etc. Aside from the fact that they aren’t even cohesive, these names tie them up as to what they can do in a future expansion. Plus Figment and the Land being right next to each other but in different “lands” is just hilarious to me. Great job creatives!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom