News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Epcot82Guy

I've thought the whole time....
World Discovery (the reality and fantasy of space exploration)... M:S, CR and something planet based for WoL
World Nature (the reality and fantasy of exploring our natural world)... Land, Seas, JoW
EPCOT Center (celebrating human imagination and ingenuity).. Entry, SSE, Celebration Gardens, Test Track, IMAG, Oddyssey. (Eventually redo CommuniCore Hall into something more in line with the original park's ideas).

This would have at least made sense within the "lands", assuming you did meaningful separation between IMAG and The Land and TT and M:S.

Epcot81Fan

EPCOT North didn't need dividing up. World Discovery alone would have been a fitting name for the whole lot. They've gone a little too specific with the neighborhoods, perhaps painting themselves needlessly into a corner with it.
Kind of like “Future World” - again, lots of energy and cost wasted for no actual benefit to create all these meaningless, silly “mini-lands”.

James Alucobond

I've thought the whole time....
World Discovery (the reality and fantasy of space exploration)... M:S, CR and something planet based for WoL
World Nature (the reality and fantasy of exploring our natural world)... Land, Seas, JoW
EPCOT Center (celebrating human imagination and ingenuity).. Entry, SSE, Celebration Gardens, Test Track, IMAG, Oddyssey. (Eventually redo CommuniCore Hall into something more in line with the original park's ideas).

This would have at least made sense within the "lands", assuming you did meaningful separation between IMAG and The Land and TT and M:S.
With the current structure, I'd rather ...
  • World Gateway. Acts as the park's thesis statement. Includes entrance plaza, Spaceship Earth, Project Tomorrow, Dreamers Point, themed gardens (and please re-add a fountain).
  • World Discovery. Concerned with achievements in technology, communication, and exploration. Should be targeted as a smaller, more concentrated location for modern realization of the old sponsorship model (tap Apple, SpaceX, Chevrolet, etc.). Includes Connections, Creations, Club Cool, Odyssey, Test Track, Mission: SPACE, Wonders of Xandar.
  • World Nature. Tackles the natural world, conservation, ecology, and the natural sciences. Pavilions on this side could be more IP-tied or hosted, e.g. Nemo (Marine Life Institute?), WALL-E (BnL?), Moana, Figment. Includes CommuniCore Hall, Journey of Water, The Land, The Seas, Imagination (re-worked to be about human nature?).
  • World Showcase. Highlights cultures around the world and the (Disney) stories they've inspired.
I think that's ultimately more realistic than hoping for them to erect something that effectively delineates the cutoff between The Land and Imagination, for instance.

Epcot82Guy

With the current structure, I'd rather ...
  • World Gateway. Acts as the park's thesis statement. Includes entrance plaza, Spaceship Earth, Project Tomorrow, Dreamers Point, themed gardens (and please re-add a fountain).
  • World Discovery. Concerned with achievements in technology, communication, and exploration. Should be targeted as a smaller, more concentrated location for modern realization of the old sponsorship model (tap Apple, SpaceX, Chevrolet, etc.). Includes Connections, Creations, Club Cool, Odyssey, Test Track, Mission: SPACE, Wonders of Xandar.
  • World Nature. Tackles the natural world, conservation, ecology, and the natural sciences. Pavilions on this side could be more IP-tied or hosted, e.g. Nemo (Marine Life Institute?), WALL-E (BnL?), Moana, Figment. Includes CommuniCore Hall, Journey of Water, The Land, The Seas, Imagination (re-worked to be about human nature?).
  • World Showcase. Highlights cultures around the world and the (Disney) stories they've inspired.
I think that's ultimately more realistic than hoping for them to erect something that effectively delineates the cutoff between The Land and Imagination, for instance.

I totally see your point. The issue is the pavilions on each side really don't fit a common narrative very well.

I think, now looking more at it, that I'm on Team World Discovery. I think they could actually have the colors transition as you go around the sides. So, you could still have "Nature" (not World Nature) on green signs, "Imagination" on purple, "Design" on blue, "Exploration" on red. Something like that to create some delineation within the park. But, have World Showcase and World Discovery and make it much easier to understand.

DCLcruiser

Can we all agree that World Nature, etc just sounds weird? World of Nature, or Nature World, makes sense (not that I like either).

World Showcase, works, as it is a showcase of the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom